Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

adrian wilson signs with the bears

CR91

Wilson has a history of being injury prone while Adams has played consistently for the past decade.  I also believe Wilson hasn't played a game in a year or two

wasnt he playing with the patriots

was that the first time he missed extended time?

There was another thread on Wilson a few weeks ago. He hadn't missed extended time since 2007, but he tore his Achilles less than a year ago. I'm not super excited about Mike Adams, but I don't think Adrian Wilson would have made much sense. It's one thing to take a flyer on our own injured guys, but bringing in a broken 35 year old is another story.

There was another thread on Wilson a few weeks ago. He hadn't missed extended time since 2007, but he tore his Achilles less than a year ago. I'm not super excited about Mike Adams, but I don't think Adrian Wilson would have made much sense. It's one thing to take a flyer on our own injured guys, but bringing in a broken 35 year old is another story.

could have been a cheap deal and good vet leadership for our young safeties. wilson is a former 3 time all pro. adams has just been average. heck I was hoping we'd bring in champ to play safety 

Wilson was on the verge of being cut in camp prior to the injury (if you believe all the daily reports from that time). At least that was the speculation. He apparently looked very old and slow. Not sure if this guy's got much left, and he never actually suited up for a game in NE but I wish him well...

could have been a cheap deal and good vet leadership for our young safeties. wilson is a former 3 time all pro. adams has just been average. heck I was hoping we'd bring in champ to play safety 

Yeah, I think it's time to find the next group of guys, rather than hoping one of the older players who hasn't made an impact in a year or two suddenly revives his career. I think Champ and Wilson are done. Adams at least was productive last year, though not spectacular. And he's been durable, so it's a better option, IMO. Hopefully, Delano Howell puts the starting job out of reach and develops into a solid player.