Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts veteran's given the day off, Mini-Camp for youngsters

TKnight24

@HolderStephen: Final day of #Colts minicamp is underway. Looking like a JV workout right now. Very few starters out here. Likely day off

@KBowenColts: Indoor practice today and it looks like Chuck Pagano gave a lot of the veterans this practice off. Some extended work for the young guys

Good move by Chuck imo, let the young guys get a lot of reps/work in. Help them learn the plays more

:colts:

Everybody but Landry.....he needs to work with the team.  I really dislike him not being at OTAs then a physical when he gets here missing more reps.  This guy needs all the reps and all the work with Howell/Brown and the rest of what I call T E A M!!!!!!!!!

Everybody but Landry.....he needs to work with the team.  I really dislike him not being at OTAs then a physical when he gets here missing more reps.  This guy needs all the reps and all the work with Howell/Brown and the rest of what I call T E A M!!!!!!!!!

I dont really care about landry missing otas. a lot of vets skip otas. what I care about is pagano and gm to quit being stubborn with this changeable safety crap forcing landry to play single high coverage. landry is not a cover safety and he never will be. leave him in the box to do what he does best knocking the stuffing out of people

I dont really care about landry missing otas. a lot of vets skip otas. what I care about is pagano and gm to quit being stubborn with this changeable safety crap forcing landry to play single high coverage. landry is not a cover safety and he never will be. leave him in the box to do what he does best knocking the stuffing out of people

Still gotta cover, and he needs the reps.  Sorry I am old school....this is a TEAM sport.  You have to be a cohesive unit.  If the defense is not good and you are a part of it not being good...I feel you should be there.  And I know some veterans do not attend OTAs...he should.  My opinion which counts for nothing.  :)

He was not very good last year.  Plain and simple.

Still gotta cover, and he needs the reps.  Sorry I am old school....this is a TEAM sport.  You have to be a cohesive unit.  If the defense is not good and you are a part of it not being good...I feel you should be there.  And I know some veterans do not attend OTAs...he should.  My opinion which counts for nothing.   :)

He was not very good last year.  Plain and simple.

coverage wise yes he was terrible, but thats not his game. hes not a cover safety

coverage wise yes he was terrible, but thats not his game. hes not a cover safety

As a DB....ya have to cover....repeat...copy and paste...copy and paste...copy and paste.  

If not we will call you a linebacker Who should also be able to cover (copy and paste :))

Yeah, everyone knows Landry is best as basically a 5th LB. Coverage & Landry don't belong in the same sentence honestly. Unless it's on a RB out the backfield

I was disappointed that even the big hitter was missing tackles more and more by the end of the year.  Needs to wrap up too...not just HIT!

I was disappointed that even the big hitter was missing tackles more and more by the end of the year. Needs to wrap up too...not just HIT!

That's something the coaches need to work on him with. Before the injury he was leading tackler in the NFL. If he just learns to wrap up instead of the boom or bust tackling methods, he'll be top 5 in tackles for the next few years

That's something the coaches need to work on him with. Before the injury he was leading tackler in the NFL. If he just learns to wrap up instead of the boom or bust tackling methods, he'll be top 5 in tackles for the next few years

Another reason he should be with the team working out instead of on his own....working with coaches...watching tape...constant reminders to wrap wrap wrap.

The box safety doesn't just go down there and roam around. He's responsible for man coverage against TEs and slot receivers. That's not where you want Landry.

The box safety doesn't just go down there and roam around. He's responsible for man coverage against TEs and slot receivers. That's not where you want Landry.

cant be any worse then single high. make him cover the rb. everywhere the rb is so should landry

As a DB....ya have to cover....repeat...copy and paste...copy and paste...copy and paste.  

If not we will call you a linebacker Who should also be able to cover (copy and paste :))

landry is basically a LBer just like sanders was expect hes bigger. was sanders good at coverage? yes, but landry isnt so why make him a liability 

cant be any worse then single high. make him cover the rb. everywhere the rb is so should landry

Landry was fine up top in coverage. He just missed too many tackles.

And yes, it would be MUCH worse playing him in the box. He can't cover TEs and slot receivers man to man. 

The ONLY reason he and Bethea had so many tackles, the horror of our D-Line and LB`ers.
 Most of the weak links have been purged and much less playing time coming for the rest.
  It is reasonable to figure that him not being here learning with his teammates is a reason he wasn`t and will not be in position to do his coverage duties as well as he could otherwise.
 Unfortunately, HE got a contract that sticks him to us for 2 more seasons.

he can cover rbs 

What defense sticks a safety on a RB full time? And then, who covers the TEs and slot receivers? You gonna go nickel full time?

I disagree with your characterization. I think Landry was fine at FS, he just missed too many tackles. Bethea got ate up at SS because he wasn't able to make plays against TEs and slot receivers. Improve the coverage at SS, and it will make a big difference. Moving Landry to SS hurts the coverage at SS. It's going backwards.