Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pre camp final roster

Valpo2004

isn't he actually an OLB outside an LS....Maybe he is a TE...forgets, Outside of him long snapping Im not used to him playing another position, But I thought he was either an OLB or TE

I thought his official position was "long snapper"  

In fact the only other position on the field that I could see him playing is center.  

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody has McKinney making the team? Barring injury, i think he is a lock

Interesting perspective.  I assume that you are coming at this from the angle of needing another NT in the rotation...thus McKinney is the most logical and thus a lock.  Can't fault you for that logic based on 2012 and 2013 roster construction.  

However, Grigson has made a significant deviation this year.  There has been no off-season action for the Colts to carry a true back-up NT.  All signs point to backing up Chapman with bigs that also play DT/DE including Hughes, Pendleton and Jones.  It's a bit of a sea change that makes sense as you get more bodies on your DL that fit your scheme, and will give us some roster flexibility at other positions.  

With Moala going down, we are unlikely to carry more than 6 DL in the initial 53, and neither McKinney nor Kerr will be among them barring injury of Redding, Jones, RJF, Chap, Hughes and Pendleton.  McKinney is merely here so that we have a guy we can sign off the street who has been through the camp wars in case Chapman goes down in season.  Good planning when you are only planning to carry 1 true NT.