Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fleener's Helmet

IAColtsFan

Hair needs to go..... And put a clear visor on and change that nose tape to black and then he will Atleast look like he can play!!! (Not saying he can't) but hey you know what they say...

Look good, Play good!

Hair needs to go..... And put a clear visor on and change that nose tape to black and then he will Atleast look like he can play!!! (Not saying he can't) but hey you know what they say...

Look good, Play good!

when you look good, you feel good, when you feel good you do good!

Look good, Play good!

What's wrong with the hair? That's actually fairly short.

Since the crown of the head is the strongest part of the skull, and the part that delivers blows to other players, I assume the design is to help lessen the concussions sustained by other players, not necessarily to help lessen the concussions sustained by the wearer, such as Fleener.

Seems odd that a TE would be wearing it.  Usually players get concussions by being hit in all parts of the head except the crown.

I could be all wrong.

Look good, Play good!

Someone should tell Clay Mathews, Richard Sherman, Troy Polamalu and Tom Brady of this keen insight.

Look good, Play good!

Wait, were you talking about the guy he's blocking? He has hair down to the middle of his back.

just pad the outside of the helmet to absorb impact, instead of using a hard  shell or having it exposed to create impact, u dont even need the whole helmet padded, just right down the middle will work, it may not look the best, or make a loud sound when players hit each other, but it wont cause concussions 

I'm iffy on the design. After reading more on them. They don't know if they really work like they are designed or even have a rating on them. I understand the concept but how much do they flex? Enough to push the helmet actually into their head with a hard enough collision? A direct impact to the crown of it, I would think it's going to direct the entire impact force to where the flex part pushes into the players head. If they really were concerned about player safety they would stop letting riddell having full control over helmet design and allow other companies to compete. Like maybe Bill Simpson who had designs for football helmets after revolutionizing the racing scene.

gotta love the extra horseshoe on the forehead

Wow, you have a good eye SDS. I did a double take when I read your response. Huh? What's he talking about? I didn't see that...

Well, I'll be a "dancer" without glitter & a catchy DJ club number to earn "tips" in, he's exactly right. there is an extra  :blueshoe: emblem there.  haha Amazing...

Has a sensor in it, as well, to measure and monitor collisions. 

Is the purpose of that NFL research related or is Fleener just wearing it for his own personal benefit? In other words, is Coby Fleener a Roger Goodell guinea pig or not? Just curious...

If I was a defensive player I would pull every offensive players hair just Becuase I could!

Grow it long, braid it into a ponytail, & then hit defense backs with it like a bull whip when you move you head back in forth as you run into the end zone. Cue the Indiana Jones main score...Just kidding! 

Indiana%20Jones_whip.jpg

Is the purpose of that NFL research related or is Fleener just wearing it for his own personal benefit? In other words, is Coby Fleener a Roger Goodell guinea pig or not? Just curious...

Do you really think Roger Goodell concerns himself with what helmet particular players wear?

I believe there's an effort to monitor this stuff throughout football, not just the NFL. A lot of college teams are using this helmet already. I don't think this particular helmet is rated yet, so it's not approved for use in the NFL yet.

Do you really think Roger Goodell concerns himself with what helmet particular players wear?

I believe there's an effort to monitor this stuff throughout football, not just the NFL. A lot of college teams are using this helmet already. I don't think this particular helmet is rated yet, so it's not approved for use in the NFL yet.

At this point, the way Roger Goodell placates & pays false lip service to player safety pushing to extend the Playoff eligibility format & expand the number of games athletes play in this league nothing would surprise me anymore Superman. 

Yes, at the end of the day, Fleener can make his own hemet preference decisions I agree, but Goodell's less than authentic stance on NFL safety always makes me chuckle. If Roger admitted that there was a direct link between concussions, CTE, & dementia & start paying claims for players who died from it with no League warnings to speak of I would believe his sincerity, but not until then. 

At this point, the way Roger Goodell placates & pays false lip service to player safety pushing to extend the Playoff eligibility format & expand the number of games athletes play in this league nothing would surprise me anymore Superman. 

Yes, at the end of the day, Fleener can make his own hemet preference decisions I agree, but Goodell's less than authentic stance on NFL safety always makes me chuckle. If Roger admitted that there was a direct link between concussions, CTE, & dementia & start paying claims for players who died from it with no League warnings to speak of I would believe his sincerity, but not until then. 

I don't want to get into all of that. I just don't think most of this stuff is up Roger Goodell himself. It's lose/lose for him.

I'm iffy on the design. After reading more on them. They don't know if they really work like they are designed or even have a rating on them. I understand the concept but how much do they flex? Enough to push the helmet actually into their head with a hard enough collision? A direct impact to the crown of it, I would think it's going to direct the entire impact force to where the flex part pushes into the players head. If they really were concerned about player safety they would stop letting riddell having full control over helmet design and allow other companies to compete. Like maybe Bill Simpson who had designs for football helmets after revolutionizing the racing scene.

Trust the people who have tested it and don't be so cynical my man. Other companies do manufacture helmets for the NFL. Rawlings, Xenith, Schutt, etc.

Look good, Play good!

I don't care if his hair grows to the ground if he plays good. With that in mind he could get tackled easier if the defender brings him down by the hair. Gemmi a kid with hair! long, flaxen waxen long beautiful hair! lol  That's for the old dudes or dudetts still around! lol