Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts waive LB Justin Hickman

MTC

Just waived? I wonder if he reverts back to the waived-injured list. Bowen's tweet seems to suggest that he got hurt again, or isn't fully healthy.

Out of curiosity, what's the difference?  Does he get some money if he is on waived-injured as opposed to nothing if he is just waived?

Out of curiosity, what's the difference?  Does he get some money if he is on waived-injured as opposed to nothing if he is just waived?

We would retain his rights, once he clears waivers. Might wind up getting an injury settlement. Not a big deal, really.

Wait a minute.....Hickman gets waived, but Sheppard is still here? 

I guess one could debate whether a healthy Sheppard is better than a healthy Hickman, though personally I think Sheppard is a better ILB than Hickman is an OLB at this point and I wouldn't even really call it close.  However, a healthy Sheppard is undoubtedly better than an injured Hickman. 

I think Hickman is better than Sheppard. 

Well at least this seems like Muamba is a keeper. 

Hickman has played so little there is no way to grade him. And Sheppard did improve by seasons end. Not that i wouldn`t want a better player in his stead, he may actually be "decent" with another year of experience in this D.

_____ here seem clueless that 2-3 years is normal before MANY players are ready to compete at an avg. to higher level. Always has been-always will be.

Maybe someone is dumb enough to trade for Sheppard. To be so big and athletic...and be out of position 7 out of 10 times is beyond my mathematical comprehension :)

Unfortunately, one of those people is our current GM

Jackson has always been a lock to make the roster I feel. Way too much talent and production against worthy competition to ignore. I feel like he's our future starter at ILB once D'Qwell calls it quits. I can see him moving past Muamba easily in camp. Probably Sheppard too. Mcnary is his real competition.

Jackson is the only defensive draft pick Grigson has made that I've actually been excited about.