Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chiefs release Brandon Flowers [Merge]

butler has also played outside and davis wasnt known as a man corner in miami

Sorry. It appears you have simply invested too much of your own personal opinion into the subject. And that is now preventing you from acknowledge the truth.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nothing I said wasnt fact. 

Perhaps - I don't care to go back and reverse engineer your perspective regarding how defenses actually work and how-why players are chosen to play in them.

Nevertheless, posting facts and posting the truth are two different things.

Good day sir. :)

Perhaps - I don't care to go back and reverse engineer your flawed perspective regarding how defenses actually work and how-why players are chosen to play in them.

Nevertheless, posting facts and posting the truth are two different things.

Good day sir. :)

all I said was pagano made davis and butler better. thats not an opinion thats fact. 

No, he isn't.

Because he is a better man corner. That is why he was moved FROM the slot - in AZ, to the #2 DB position here.

That doesn't make sense. Butler was here before Toler. He couldn't hold down the #2 DB position. That is precisely why Toler was brought in via Free Agency: to play the 2.

Butler was one of the best nickel corners in the game last season...

Gee, do you think Pagano would have had ANY interest in him if he wasn`t a press corner? NOOOOOOOO! Get a Clue!

um thats my point. he wasnt a man corner. he was known in miami as a zone corner. atleast thats what I remember

really because I remember him getting two picks vs the texans playing outside vs andre

If you're referring to the Texans game in his first year here, one of those picks just fell into his hand and that was one game. There was a reason he was tried outside for only one game when Toler was hurt and after that game they put him right back in the slot.

If you're referring to the Texans game in his first year here, one of those picks just fell into his hand and that was one game. There was a reason he was tried outside for only one game when Toler was hurt and after that game they put him right back in the slot.

um no. this year. home game

No. Vontae already had the skills or he wouldn't have been worth a 2nd round pick and Butler turned out good because we put him in the slot.

is that why vontae was looked at as trash in miami? butler was nothing til he came to the colts. he was heading to canada

No. Vontae already had the skills or he wouldn't have been worth a 2nd round pick and Butler turned out good because we put him in the slot.

I agree im glad Miami was given up on Davis he lost his starting job and was projected to be their #4 corner before we traded for him.

Miami was more than happy to get a 2nd rd draft pick for Vontae.

How is that working out for Miami now? lol

But Case Keenum was the quarterback. I haven't seen either play in a while but I'm sure the throws were bad. He still got burned in his starts on the outside.

was still covering one of the best wrs on the outside and got two picks. what game did butler get burned outside

davis was buried in miami, now hes a top 5 corner. butler was gonna be playing football in canada before he got here, now hes arguably the best slot corner in the game

Buried?    Wasn't he starting opposite Smith?

And now you think he's a top-5 corner?     I'd guess more like top-15........

Buried?    Wasn't he starting opposite Smith?

And now you think he's a top-5 corner?     I'd guess more like top-15........

he was playing nickel in the 2011 preseason with the dolphins. I would love for you to name me 15 better corners

is that why vontae was looked at as trash in miami? butler was nothing til he came to the colts. he was heading to canada

You think we gave up a second rounder for a player that was looked at as "trash"?

Vontae Davis has been considered a press man corner since he came into the league. He's been inconsistent and has lacked discipline at times, but he's never been considered a bad player. Pagano hasn't turned him into a good player. He's always been a good player.

You think we gave up a second rounder for a player that was looked at as "trash"?

Vontae Davis has been considered a press man corner since he came into the league. He's been inconsistent and has lacked discipline at times, but he's never been considered a bad player. Pagano hasn't turned him into a good player. He's always been a good player.

miami sure treated him like trash. vontae was never highly regarded in miami as he is now 

he was playing nickel in the 2011 preseason with the dolphins. I would love for you to name me 15 better corners

Davis started most every game he played for Miami.   He was in the dog house with the new regime which is why he was playing nickel...   I think you meant of the 2012 season.    That's why they traded him.

As for who would be better, or at least just as good?    You'll disagree with some,  but that's fine....

Peterson -- Ari

Gilmore -- Buff

Hall -- Cincy

Haden -- Cleve

Carr -- Dal

Talib -- NE

Shields -- GB

Smith -- KC

Grimes -- Mia

Rhodes -- Min

Revis -- NE

Browner -- NE

Jenkins - Stl

Sherman -- Sea

Verner -- TB

Hall -- Was

I'm not saying they're all better than Davis.....   I'm saying top-5 is way too high....   because I don't know that he's clearly better than most of these other guys....

Davis started most every game he played for Miami.   He was in the dog house with the new regime which is why he was playing nickel...   I think you meant of the 2012 season.    That's why they traded him.

As for who would be better, or at least just as good?    You'll disagree with some,  but that's fine....

Peterson -- Ari

Gilmore -- Buff

Hall -- Cincy

Haden -- Cleve

Carr -- Dal

Talib -- NE

Shields -- GB

Smith -- KC

Grimes -- Mia

Rhodes -- Min

Revis -- NE

Browner -- NE

Jenkins - Stl

Sherman -- Sea

Verner -- TB

Hall -- Was

I'm not saying they're all better than Davis.....   I'm saying top-5 is way too high....   because I don't know that he's clearly better than most of these other guys....

Ill give you 6 on that list

Davis started most every game he played for Miami. He was in the dog house with the new regime which is why he was playing nickel... I think you meant of the 2012 season. That's why they traded him.

As for who would be better, or at least just as good? You'll disagree with some, but that's fine....

Peterson -- Ari

Gilmore -- Buff

Hall -- Cincy

Haden -- Cleve

Carr -- Dal

Talib -- NE

Shields -- GB

Smith -- KC

Grimes -- Mia

Rhodes -- Min

Revis -- NE

Browner -- NE

Jenkins - Stl

Sherman -- Sea

Verner -- TB

Hall -- Was

I'm not saying they're all better than Davis..... I'm saying top-5 is way too high.... because I don't know that he's clearly better than most of these other guys....

No offense... but man, that list is really bad. There's about 5 guys on there I wouldn't even qualify as good.