Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chiefs release Brandon Flowers [Merge]

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just want to say thanks to the Hunt family for the 6years in Kansas City thanks to the fans and my teammates for some great years.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2014/6/13/5772066/brandon-flowers-released-kansas-city-chiefs

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/6/13/5807786/chiefs-cut-brandon-flowers-lions-part-with-chris-houston

Let's bring him in for a workout? (obviously not for the type of money he was making)

Or pass? 

He could make a formidable tandem along with Vontae

I think we should definitely take a look at him. Flowers on the other side of Davis would be lethal IMO. Even though there are a few guys I have high hopes for like Price, Purifoy, and Cox, none of those guys have proven anything, and we all know Toler wont even play 10 or 12 games. Davis, Flowers, Butler, Toler, Gordy, and one of Price/Purifoy would give us great depth at CB. I think another solid corner would  really solidify our defense.

Well worth the pickup Vontae davis, Flowers, Toler as 3rd for more less wear and tear on those past injuries and purifoy, plus cox and others for depth. Its a passing league, because i assure you everyone else in the AFC Broncos and Patriots are gonna look into it. Who better to seal the deal then Grigson. Just need him to visit and its a done deal. 1 year deal will be prefered but wouldnt be opposed to 2 year deal. Remember Flowers is tough and stays healthy. Chiefs moving towards bigger corners and flowers was to much money. Our Defense will surprise the NFL this year.

I know, what I was trying to say is we always want the best players out there, and if toler becomes the nickel, butler won't get any playing time. If they want to cut toler and sign flowers, I'd be all for it

we're playing two of the best pass offenses in our first two games not to mention injuries always happen

Disagree:

who cares about system fit. the guy can play and has no injury history. let pagano get his hands on him

I think we should definitely take a look at him. Flowers on the other side of Davis would be lethal IMO.

Agree:

...this guy was more of a zone guy and we need a man/man player?

He's not a system fit...

I think people see any name with CB behind it and have a kneejerk reaction to sign them immediately without consideration for if they even fit what we do.

He is going to want and get too much money he really doesn't fit our system and it seems like we have some youngsters that can and want to play.

I know I am going to taking a beating bring up this "trash" again but I would like to see Price after adding the weight and spending a year on the practice squad. I kind of like what we have going on the back end a lot of young unknown talent but I got a good feeling about the group.

Flowers is going to be $$$$

From kckingdom.com :

Flowers, who is just 28, is a smaller corner at 5’9″. Flowers was also was not a great fit in new defensive coordinator Bob Sutton’s scheme, which relies a great deal on press-man coverage, and Flowers struggled both outside and inside on the way to posting a Pro Football Focus grade of minus-5.9, which was his worst since 2008.

From kckingdom.com :

Flowers, who is just 28, is a smaller corner at 5’9″. Flowers was also was not a great fit in new defensive coordinator Bob Sutton’s scheme, which relies a great deal on press-man coverage, and Flowers struggled both outside and inside on the way to posting a Pro Football Focus grade of minus-5.9, which was his worst since 2008.

There is always  this:

Even after a poor 2013, Brandon Flowers' +35.5 @PFF coverage grade in the last 5 seasons is the 5th-highest of any CB.

— Pete Damilatis (@PFF_Pete) June 13, 2014

Let someone else spend to much on this guy I am sure he would be fine in the right system maybe Lovie will have some interest.

There is always this:

Even after a poor 2013, Brandon Flowers' +35.5 @PFF coverage grade in the last 5 seasons is the 5th-highest of any CB.

— Pete Damilatis (@PFF_Pete) June 13, 2014

Let someone else spend to much on this guy I am sure he would be fine in the right system maybe Lovie will have some interest.

I agree that the Bucs are an option.

Flowers would start over Toler. Flowers and Davis would be one heck of a combo. Toler as the nickel and Butler as the dime. All of a sudden CB becomes a real strength.

Flowers can't play man he couldn't in the slot for KC  that is why they let him go he is a zone corner he is not starting over Toler or Butler. We rely on press man coverage

Flowers was also was not a great fit in new defensive coordinator Bob Sutton’s scheme, which relies a great deal on press-man coverage, and Flowers struggled both outside and inside on the way to posting a Pro Football Focus grade of minus-5.9, which was his worst since 2008.

Flowers can't play man he couldn't in the slot for KC  that is why they let him go he is a zone corner he is not starting over Toler or Butler. We rely on press man coverage

Flowers was also was not a great fit in new defensive coordinator Bob Sutton’s scheme, which relies a great deal on press-man coverage, and Flowers struggled both outside and inside on the way to posting a Pro Football Focus grade of minus-5.9, which was his worst since 2008.

didnt they say the same thing about davis. he was more of a zone cover guy then a man-to-man

didnt they say the same thing about davis. he was more of a zone cover guy then a man-to-man

I think what they said about Davis was

Smart player who does not gamble often ... Does damage in press man coverage showing a knack to bat down passes

Exactly what we were looking for

I think what they said about Davis was

Smart player who does not gamble often ... Does damage in press man coverage showing a knack to bat down passes

Exactly what we were looking for

I could have sworn reporters when davis was traded for asking if he could play man

Yep. I'm guessing the Falcons or Texans

let's keep him in the NFC that's why I suggested TB certainly don't need him on the  Texans the guy can play in the right system. He is going to want to get paid though. Falcon's wouldn't be bad they  could get him to talk smack during hard knocks.

Flowers would start over Toler. Flowers and Davis would be one heck of a combo. Toler as the nickel and Butler as the dime. All of a sudden CB becomes a real strength.

Butler is better than toler. I don't know why Toler would be ahead of him... The only reason he was ahead of him last year was because Butler is more of a nickel corner so they had to fill the #2 spot.

Flowers would start over Toler.

No, he wouldn't.

Flowers and Davis would be one heck of a combo.

No, it wouldn't.

All of a sudden CB becomes a real strength

CB already is a strength - our draft didn't highlight that for you? Anyway, our CB depth is the weakness. But our starters are just fine for what we do. Especially with the addition of Arthur Jones & DqWell Jackson.

davis was buried in miami, now hes a top 5 corner. butler was gonna be playing football in canada before he got here, now hes arguably the best slot corner in the game

My question was were you being sarcastic? Because you'll forgive me if I do not think a Colts fan could be that uninformed when it comes to how defenses, their personnel and the skill set of those personnel actually work.

Regarding Davis, he was on a poor team & poor franchise run by a poor - and now out of work - GM. Butler was downtrending because he couldn't be the 1 or 2 press CB. Our Coach turned him into a press nickel. Flowers is not now nor has he ever been a press corner. So unless you're hoping Pagano can turn him into an excellent slot DB as well, Butler is not the example you want to use.

My question was were you being sarcastic? Because you'll forgive me if I do not think a Colts fan could be that uninformed when it comes to how defenses, their personnel and the skill set of those personnel actually work.

Regarding Davis, he was on a poor team & poor franchise run by a poor - and now out of work - GM. Butler was downtrending because he couldn't be the 1 or 2 press CB. Our Coach turned him into a press nickel. Flowers is not now nor has he ever been a press corner. So unless you're hoping Pagano can turn him into an excellent slot DB as well, Butler is not the example you want to use.

butler has also played outside and davis wasnt known as a man corner in miami

Butler is better than toler.

No, he isn't.

I don't know why Toler would be ahead of him.

Because he is a better man corner. That is why he was moved FROM the slot - in AZ, to the #2 DB position here.

.. The only reason he was ahead of him last year was because Butler is more of a nickel corner so they had to fill the #2 spot.

That doesn't make sense. Butler was here before Toler. He couldn't hold down the #2 DB position. That is precisely why Toler was brought in via Free Agency: to play the 2.