Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts release C Thomas Austin

MTC

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am positive Thomas will start on PUP.  Not a bad thing.

Do we want to go Mewhort or Big Joe?  Let camp decide or just plug the big rookie in there?

Since a Healthy LL was worth a Big Contract per our GM, he is the favorite to be an opening day starter.

No reason to expect one of the worst guards in the league last season would make that big a jump IMO, and Jack would have to make a pretty amazing jump from college to be as good.  JMO

How do we need more WR's and less Centers? 

iEYd3bN.gif

How many centers do you want? There are three on the roster right now, between Holmes, Lutz and Harrison. Then Mewhort and Ulrick John have experience snapping, and have snapped at times during camp. And when Thomas comes back, he can snap if necessary.

I think they signed Lutz, expecting to get rid of Austin eventually.

If there's a position we're light at, it's RB, with only five. And that's a stretch, even. Back in the 80 man roster days, five backs was the limit, and that's if someone was hurt. This whole 90 man roster thing essentially gives you 4-5 flex spots. We probably have more receivers than we need, but we also have more centers than we need. 

How many centers do you want? There are three on the roster right now, between Holmes, Lutz and Harrison. Then Mewhort and Ulrick John have experience snapping, and have snapped at times during camp. And when Thomas comes back, he can snap if necessary.

I think they signed Lutz, expecting to get rid of Austin eventually.

If there's a position we're light at, it's RB, with only five. And that's a stretch, even. Back in the 80 man roster days, five backs was the limit, and that's if someone was hurt. This whole 90 man roster thing essentially gives you 4-5 flex spots. We probably have more receivers than we need, but we also have more centers than we need. 

I hope this FN guy is a stud 

The way our RB core got decimated last season, I agree, I wouldn't mind a few more back trying out. 

surprised I don't think we need another WR, but even more surprising is Austin being let go. Not like we are loaded at center or anything I thought he had a shot. He knows the offense & I thought when he played last year he looked good, pre season too. Apparently  they like Harrison?

I find this very odd too. He was on the practice squad most of last year, and now he cannot even make the 90 man roster?

It is kind of ridiculous if you think about it.