Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts 2012 Nfl Mock Draft

Now that this game is week is over and we now sit at a horrendous 0-10, and MIA and STL won im pretty sure we will secure the 1st pick.

Also im not for sure about this but im going to include an 4th and 6th round compensentory pick for Session and C. Johnson. And no trades.

Round 1- Andrew Luck QB, Stanford: I know i will get tons of critisism for this but its rebuilding time and this is the best pick for a franchise QB, Manning has 1-2 years left if he comes back.

Round 2- Chase Minnifeild CB, Virgina: CB help is desperately needed and Minnifeild is the best CB availabe, and we would be lucky if he fell here.

Round 3- Dontari Poe DT, Memphis: Another position of need and he would be a great lineman in our rotation with Nevis and Moala

Round 4- Sean Spence OLB, Miami: Wheeler is decent but Spence is a playmaker with good coverage skills and good run helping ability.

Round 4- Kenny Tate SS, Maryland: Bullitt is a decent starter when he is healthy and we need depth next to Caldwell and Lefeged

Round 5- AJ Jenkins WR, Illinois: Gonzo is a FA and he will likely be released and he will provide good depth

Round 6- Antoine McClain OG, Clemson: Deim is a FA like gonzo and we will probably need depth

Round 6- Malik Jackson DE, Tennesse: Mathis, Anderson, and Brayton are all FAs and Jackson will be a great pick here

Round 7- Jeff Demps RB, Florida: Demps has great speed, vision, and hits holes hard.

Glad you like my draft, its cool to see a colts fan in favor of getting Luck, many cant accept the fact Manning is going to retire

I can accept that Peyton Manning will retire, just after at least 4 years. You can't seem to accept the fact that Andrew Luck is not the only QB in the world and that we will be able to find a good successor for Peyton in the future.

i would prefer

1. Claiborne or kirkpatrick

2. Manti Teo

2. Robert Griffin iii

2. Dontari Poe

3. best OG or SS available

4. kendall Wright

best available through remaining picks

plus a proven starter like a solali, vonte davis or even cameron wake from the dolphins. and 2 first round picks in 2013. bottom line is great teams win SBs not great QBs. History has proven it. How come the 2 most talented qbs ever (Marino and Manning) have the same amount of rings as trent dilfur?

i would prefer

1. Claiborne or kirkpatrick

2. Manti Teo

2. Robert Griffin iii

2. Dontari Poe

3. best OG or SS available

4. kendall Wright

best available through remaining picks

plus a proven starter like a solali, vonte davis or even cameron wake from the dolphins. and 2 first round picks in 2013. bottom line is great teams win SBs not great QBs. History has proven it. How come the 2 most talented qbs ever (Marino and Manning) have the same amount of rings as trent dilfur?

When did Marino win a Super Bowl?

I’ll be very forward with you, I do not like the pick of Luck #1, but I do think you have some good selections on there, especially Dontari Poe in the third round, however, he will not make it to the third round, the guys will have to be a first pick of the second round selection in my opinion. I even like the Kenny Tate pick as well, the guy could stay as an OLB or could convert to SS, but Bullitt is not a competent starter, he is a backup at best!

@PaColts56- Yeah I am right there with you bro! If the Colts go Luck, and Manning leaves which I would fully expect, if he goes to a team like Baltimore, who is my hometown team I see every week, they really lack that execution at quarterback, with Manning they would win until he retires. With that 2000 Ravens defense, they would have won a minimum of 5 but I think more like 10 Super Bowls in his 13 year career thus far!

I really like Minnifield, Poe, Malik Jackson and Jeff Demps and would love to add all of them to the team. However that said, i think OP has each one going at least 1 round later than they are likely to go.

I go to walter footbll nd look at the prosects, and every once and a while ill watch a couple games