• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We just had a draft of low number of picks

Our coach has beat cancer

Our QB has beat the odds of deficits

Our owner is gonna beat an addiction

Our team beats defeat with outstanding resiliency

Team outlasted a injury riddled season to make the playoffs for a consecutive season

There's NOTHING anyone or anything can do to the Indianapolis Colts that we can't overcome!

:colts:

Well I can't comment on the site of the article (I don't have a facebook account nor will I ever get one).  But if I could comment on the site I would say this, 

Jim Irsay has a problem, his problem lead to legal issues and since he is an owner and therefore, by extension, a representative of the NFL, he should be punished accordingly. Taking away draft picks, however, makes no sense.  Unlike New Orleans and the Patriots scandals, Irsay's actions did not effect the integrity of the game only his personal integrity. 

Yeah. I was going to post about it, but honestly didn't even want to give that fool the views. Didn't read it, not worth the data it takes up on the internet. Punishing unfaulted parties for the faulted's actions is just ignorant and stupid. With this logic they should have charged the person Irsay could have hypothetically hit because they were in his way. 

An awful article.   And I responded in the notes column and said so....

Unfortunately,  I'm sure my view will be lumped in as just a Colts fan defending his favorite team.

But this was a poorly thought out article.

For example the writer cited precedent that Goodell had punished New England and New Orleans by taking away draft picks (among other things)  and then went to the standard,   the possible fine of $1 Million plus a 6-8 game suspension won't really hurt Irsay.

The writer is fixed on hurting Irsay,  especially in view of what the NBA did to Donald Sterling.  (not that I see the connection to the Irsay)

Apparently,  there is some hearing for Irsay in Indianapolis next week.   I'm not sure what this lead to, but hopefully once that happens,  Goodell can make his announcement.

I wish Goodell would announce his decision, and the sooner the better.    The longer this stays out for public discussion,  the more the possibility of Goodell bending to pressure to hurt the Colts as a way to hurt Irsay.

Team outlasted a injury riddled season to make the playoffs for a consecutive season

There's NOTHING anyone or anything can do to the Indianapolis Colts that we can't overcome!

I wish I could like this post more than once.  This is inspirational.

Once the league starts taking draft picks away from teams as a form of punishment for players or coaches who do get caught driving while impared I'll listen to this.  Till then this is a writer just trying to get attention don't give it to him/her.

Goodell isn't going to do anything to Irsay.  Goodell said his favorite team growing up was the Colts.  Granted it was Baltimore but who knows if he jumped on the Indy wagon. /end sarcasm

Espn.  The last time there was a credible article pertaining to the Colts that wasn't slander and bash was....

How about this...

The NFL should not "punish" Irsay since his offense has nothing to do with the NFL. He didn't embarrass the league or damage the game, he embarrassed himself and damaged his image while allegedly violating the laws of Indiana. Does the league punish players who are convicted of DUI or do the teams? The Colts ( Irsay) should "punish" Irsay in the same manner they punished Dominic Rhodes a few years ago...no more, no less. This presumes he is convicted.

What an absolute load of crap!

That writer is talking about making a fair punishment that suits the act? How on earth is punishing a whole organisation a fair punishment for what one man did? Taking away draft picks would effect EVERYONE in the building.... and I mean everyone.

Coaches, who had absolutely no control over what he did, could potentially lose their jobs if the team doesnt perform. taking draft picks away from them doesnt allow them to build the foundations for their jobs prooperly... is that fair?

Colts players, athletes who have spent almost their whole lives trying to get onto an NFL team, will also be unfairly punished with a team of less quality because of something their owner did... these are human beings who lay their bodies on the line every week. Is it fair to make their job harder because of Irsay? To push their dreams of winning a SB that much farther away... is that fair?

What about all of the scouts? They will have less room for error in their scouting because we will have less picks, putting their jobs under that much more scrutiny. Someone could get fired... That means taking food off of little Jimmy's plate, because of what Irsay did.... is that fair?

That writer needs to get real and S.T.F.U......

How about this...

The NFL should not "punish" Irsay since his offense has nothing to do with the NFL. He didn't embarrass the league or damage the game, he embarrassed himself and damaged his image while allegedly violating the laws of Indiana. Does the league punish players who are convicted of DUI or do the teams? The Colts ( Irsay) should "punish" Irsay in the same manner they punished Dominic Rhodes a few years ago...no more, no less. This presumes he is convicted.

An Owner getting arrested does embarrass the league no matter how you try to spin it.  I think the league needs to punish Irsay but the key is punish Irsay not the Colts.  The Colts didn't break any rules.  Taking way draft picks punishes the Colts not the man who is at fault. 

I ripped the author a new one.  Look under Brian Whitney in the responses.  I seem to have hit the right nerve for many others there.  

ESPN HATES all things Indianapolis and always has, even when Manning was here.  Now they love him of course in Denver and have switched to hating Luck.  They assigned us a total Colts HATER in Mike Wells, and then sent us this little love letter above after a year of TRASHING the Pacers up and down and likely causing some of their strife with bogus reporting.  

Typical nonsense.  That's why I enjoy jawing with you guys for a breath of fresh air.  It is one thing to have a good natured rivalry with another teams fans, but the idiocy there gets old pretty quick and when they add their biased coverage I usually come here to decompress.  I wish there was legit competition for them across all sports but there really isn't.  Foxsports started off great but they took the NFL show off the air and now there's just the sports scoring shows and they focus on the NFC much of the time.  

Brian

Jeffri Chadiha wrote a poorly written article as NCF indicated. What in the world do Donald Sterling racist remarks in the NBA have to do with our owner driving while intoxicated in terms of punishment? Absolutely nothing. Both SpyGate & BountyGate demanded a swift response since the League did not want to condone excessive filming infractions to grant any team an unfair competitive advantage game wise or sanctioned gambling among players & staff for financial gain. 

How does driving under the influence contribute to either gambling or tipping the scales in a team's favor? They don't. As many people on this site have already correctly stated, the Commissioner can't make an entire franchise suffer or deny them draft picks simply because an owner's blood alcohol level was above the legal limit. 

Also, considering how quickly Roger Goodell handed down punishment too quickly on the Saints before all the facts were in & could actually be proven, Roger is smart to be careful here in my estimation. 

Jeffri Chadiha may be a decent journalist, but this pathetic article was clearly not his finest hour IMO. 

Once the league starts taking draft picks away from teams as a form of punishment for players or coaches who do get caught driving while impared I'll listen to this.  Till then this is a writer just trying to get attention don't give it to him/her.

Exactly GC8818, I miss the days when journalists strived to be known for their exceptional writing skills not being noted for their incompetence or faulty reasoning. 

Sadly, we live in an age consumed by how many hits an author receives as opposed to the quality of what they actually write. Popularity is not secondary to critical thinking. Sigh...

I do admire your never ending Blue Horseshoe enthusiasm TK24. Keep it up!  :thmup: It may not be logical, but it always makes SW1 crack a smile. ;)  

I ripped the author a new one.  Look under Brian Whitney in the responses.  I seem to have hit the right nerve for many others there.  

ESPN HATES all things Indianapolis and always has, even when Manning was here.  Now they love him of course in Denver and have switched to hating Luck.  They assigned us a total Colts HATER in Mike Wells, and then sent us this little love letter above after a year of TRASHING the Pacers up and down and likely causing some of their strife with bogus reporting.  

Typical nonsense.  That's why I enjoy jawing with you guys for a breath of fresh air.  It is one thing to have a good natured rivalry with another teams fans, but the idiocy there gets old pretty quick and when they add their biased coverage I usually come here to decompress.  I wish there was legit competition for them across all sports but there really isn't.  Foxsports started off great but they took the NFL show off the air and now there's just the sports scoring shows and they focus on the NFC much of the time.  

Brian

Oh stop with the "they hate the Colts" crap. That kind of thinking makes the fanbase look like twits.

Brian

Dear God...

What a categorical load of nonsense.

In no way the issues with Jim Irsay have anything to do with football or alter any out come of the game. I could see if it was spy-gate or bounty, but this? I quit reading the article halfway through

You're a better person than I am, I stopped reading when I seen what the title said

:nono:

Brian

The TRUTH...PERIOD. They hate INDY.

Brian

I wouldn't say Wells is a Colts hater he just never got over the fact he's no longer the Pacers beat writer for the star and it shows.

The idea that the Colts should be punished is ludicrous.  Even the idea that the league should punish Irsay is wrong, IMO.  They, and other sports leagues, needs to better explain why it feels like it has to punish its employees for their personal trangressions.

Belive it or not, people are intelligent, they can compartmentalize Irsay's actions as personal...and not representative of the league.  It does not tarnish the brand.  Its like the league thinks its fans minds are this simple:....Irsay,Drugs/NFL,Bad......Irsay, Punished/NFL,Good.  We're not that stupid. 

Message to NFL...."We know the NFL doesn't condone wife beating, so there's no need to comment on Ray Rice."

IMO, the brand and image of sports leagues are tarnished when they come off as trying to control the personal actions of the individuals.

Show up to practice drunk is one thing...a player getting arrested for DWI on his own time is another.