Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TY Shocks the World?

Smonroe

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you saying this HAS happened? Or are you tossing this out there as a possibility?

If it's true, it's very, very good news for TYH and the Colts! :thmup:

It's true

@Rand_Getlin: #Colts WR T.Y. Hilton has fired agent Drew Rosenhaus. Has to wait five days to hire another agent.

Maybe he was playing a sick mind game with his agent before he fired him!!!

His agent was prolly begging to know what T.Y. Was going to do and couldn't contain his excitement.... Then found out the suprise was that he was getting fired!

Impressive T.Y...... Impressive

How is him firing his agent good news for the Colts?

Because Drew Rosenhaus has a reputation for being a greedy bloodsucker (yes, worse than your typical agent). And due to recent events, his reputation has only gotten worse.

Because Drew Rosenhaus has a reputation for being a greedy bloodsucker (yes, worse than your typical agent). And due to recent events, his reputation has only gotten worse.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The above!

The fewer times the Colts have to deal with agents like Drew Rosenhaus -- and especially Drew Rosenhaus -- it's a very good day for the Colt's organization!

I guess you could say he shocked the FOOTBALL world!

Thumbs up for everyone!         :thmup:

Pretty sure Rosenhaus isn't losing any sleep over a WR still playing under his rookie deal, he represents 100+ players in the league.

Not a big deal to Rosenhaus, by itself, even with Hilton set to get a new deal sometime in the next two years. More troubling is the trend. High profile WRs used to be a Rosenhaus specialty. He's lost two pretty good ones in the last few months, and he's been sued by Terrell Owens (probably his most famous client of all time) and DeSean Jackson.

Edit: With the help of Google, I can see that he also lost Dez Bryant, who is set to get a new deal soon. And he lost LeSean McCoy before he got his new deal. I'm sure he's not the only agent to lose big time clients, but it seems like he's losing some of his stature with players around the league.

Pretty sure Rosenhaus isn't losing any sleep over a WR still playing under his rookie deal, he represents 100+ players in the league.

Pretty sure Rosenhaus isn't exactly throwing a party about losing a possible couple million dollars from this. Add to that, the fact that being dropped by a high quality client doesn't reflect too well on him.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The above!

The fewer times the Colts have to deal with agents like Drew Rosenhaus -- and especially Drew Rosenhaus -- it's a very good day for the Colt's organization!

I guess you could say he shocked the FOOTBALL world!

Thumbs up for everyone!         :thmup:

I hope this doesn't mean he is going to sign on with Jay-Z's agency (I am not even sure if they represent NFL players yet?). 

Then he might turn around and hire Tom Condon who represents Brees, Peyton, Romo, Eli, Stafford etc. which might not be good for the Colts :). He used to represent Marvin Harrison too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Condon

Let's see how things go.

I personally don't have a bone to pick with Tom Condon. He does his best for his clients; that's his job. What he doesn't do is grandstand in the media, like Rosenhaus does.

I hope this doesn't mean he is going to sign on with Jay-Z's agency (I am not even sure if they represent NFL players yet?). 

Roc Nation represents Hakeem Nicks. Might be a good guess for Hilton. They also represent Geno Smith, Victor Cruz and Antonio Brown. 

I'm not sure why that's necessarily a bad thing for anyone. 

Roc Nation represents Hakeem Nicks. Might be a good guess for Hilton. They also represent Geno Smith, Victor Cruz and Antonio Brown. 

I'm not sure why that's necessarily a bad thing for anyone. 

If they represent Nicks, I bet that is where Hilton goes --- so far (based on those players) it doesn't seem to be so bad for NFL but my basis for this statement was based on Robinson Cano in MLB.  Cano went from being a humble, head-down/do-work player to wanting 10 years $330 million with a pretty inflated ego shortly after he signed on with those guys.

If they represent Nicks, I bet that is where Hilton goes --- so far (based on those players) it doesn't seem to be so bad for NFL but my basis for this statement was based on Robinson Cano in MLB.  Cano went from being a humble, head-down/do-work player to wanting 10 years $330 million with a pretty inflated ego shortly after he signed on with those guys.

I don't think Cano's situation has very much to do with any of their NFL clients. I know that doesn't necessarily endear their agency to anyone, but the way MLB does business really doesn't translate over to the NFL. Strict salary cap, rookie wage scale, no arbitration, franchise tags, etc., kind of limit the leverage that any player has.

And then, Hakeem Nicks signed a one year deal with a team he really wanted to be with, for not a lot of money, without bidding wars and grandstanding. He's a former top 15 guy at his position, still in his physical prime, and the receiver position is known for attracting primadonnas. If Nicks went about his business quietly and humbly, I don't think there's any concern that Roc Nation ruins their clients. And even if there was, to me personally, no one is worse than Drew Rosenhaus.