Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

USA Today early Super Bowl Predictions (Colts-Seahawks)

NewColtsFan

People fail to realize that the Broncos were exactly like the 2004 Colts. To beat us, you have to outscore us. All offense, no defense

Offense was their defense. Stop the offense, you beat Denver. Every Denver loss the opposing team (much like we did until our secondary started dropping like flies) slowed down/stopped their offense

Much easier said than done.  Even with Mathis at home last year we struggled to "stop" Denver's offense.  Winning in Denver without Mathis will be a big challenge but if we can get it done I like our odds to host the rematch with them with Mathis come January. 

No one seen anyone beating Denver last year with their historic offense, but what happened?

Peyton just isn't gonna win another ring, I don't see it happening

Lots of people saw seattle beating the broncos

People fail to realize that the Broncos were exactly like the 2004 Colts. To beat us, you have to outscore us. All offense, no defense

Offense was their defense. Stop the offense, you beat Denver. Every Denver loss the opposing team (much like we did until our secondary started dropping like flies) slowed down/stopped their offense

The Colts that year were 14th in points. Could be worse, but wasn't horrible .

Almost no one fails to realize that. Like literally, nearly nobody fails to see the similarities in those two teams

Points per game defensively - Seahawks, 49ers, Saints, Bengals, Patriots were all in top 10

Points per game offensively - Bengals, Patriots, Saints were in the top 10

Odds are pretty good that either Brady or Brees makes it to the SB, IMO. Saints and Patriots are always tough outs, looking at it objectively.

Colts vs Patriots regular season game decides AFC HFA, IMO.

USA Today has Indy and Seattle in the upcoming Super Bowl with Seattle winning.

They have the Colts with a 13-3 regular season and then advancing throughout the playoffs....

I sure didn't expect to see that this year......  Nice to get some recognition....

Here's your link....  it has the projected records for all 32 teams....

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2014/06/02/2014-season-record-projections-playoffs-seahawks-colts/9767615/

The shaky page in these predictions is that the NY Jets will make the playoffs..

That seems highly unlikely

The shaky page in these predictions is that the NY Jets will make the playoffs..

It could happen, they went 8-8 last year and it wasn't even a great roster to begin with.. Got by NO/NE and had some close games. Played tough in the end of the year.

And in the AFC there could be a spot or two open in the end for a fringe team again......the conference on paper doesn't look exactly "loaded" outside the usual few suspects.

It could happen, they went 8-8 last year and it wasn't even a great roster to begin with.. Got by NO/NE and had some close games. Played tough in the end of the year.

And in the AFC there could be a spot or two open in the end for a fringe team again......the conference on paper doesn't look exactly "loaded" outside the usual few suspects.

NE will be better than last season and Miami wont implode.

Plus Geno isn't very good

..also there's no way the NFC West will have four 10-win teams.

Its a mathematical improbability...especiaily playing the AFC West

Interesting, I didn't realize this same guy predicted Broncos/Seahawks last offseason and got it right.

http://prod.www.colts.clubs.nfl.com/news/article-1/Colts-Players-React-To-Super-Bowl-Prediction-From-USA-Today/de7ad91a-7ff6-4f4d-95ca-01d4ee017acc

Here is to hoping he is right with the Colts! And....we win it and not lose it if we got there. It is tough to repeat in this league and I personally am not picking Seattle to win it all again.

Unlikely would have been a good way to describe the 2012 Colts coming off a 2 win season and after totally gutting the roster.  But it happened.  And the 2014 Jets seem far better suited than Indy a couple years ago.

I hope and pray the Colts win it all, as always.

But, right now I am going to say Patriots and Saints in the Super Bowl unfortunately.

The only thing that keeps me from going more in the Saints favor is the loss of Sproles and Lance Moore. I do feel the Saints' OL is not good enough to go against the likes of the 49ers and Seahawks to make Brees more comfortable with lesser weapons than last year. Yeah, Brandin Cooks is a speedster and should do well in the Superdome but I just don't feel it with them.

Something keeps telling me that one of those pesky NFC East teams like the Eagles or Giants might do some damage in the playoffs this year.

The only thing that keeps me from going more in the Saints favor is the loss of Sproles and Lance Moore. I do feel the Saints' OL is not good enough to go against the likes of the 49ers and Seahawks to make Brees more comfortable with lesser weapons than last year. Yeah, Brandin Cooks is a speedster and should do well in the Superdome but I just don't feel it with them.

Something keeps telling me that one of those pesky NFC East teams like the Eagles or Giants might do some damage in the playoffs this year.

No to the Eagles, frauds to me. Yes to the Giants maybe. They have their cycles....every few years or so. They could do it again and that division is cake. But, how good is that roster really? Do they have the defensive capabilities of those two SB winning teams?

I am not sure I feel Seattle will get back to the big one. They can, they are a good team and amazing at home. But, it is difficult. SF I am not high on at all, something feels off to me.

Packers maybe but outside the SB run they had years ago they have been horrible in the playoffs.

So that leaves the Saints at times to me since they have an improving D and yes they do need to protect Brees since he took some licks last year. The NFC South also switches division winners a lot so I expect Carolina to go down a tad (and the offense there/tougher schedule) and a team like the Bucs/Falcons to show some improvements but not enough to surpass the Saints.

In the AFC I hope it is us, but that NE schedule looks like cake to me so if they get homefield it could be over sadly.

No to the Eagles, frauds to me. Yes to the Giants maybe. They have their cycles....every few years or so. They could do it again and that division is cake. But, how good is that roster really? Do they have the defensive capabilities of those two SB winning teams?

I am not sure I feel Seattle will get back to the big one. They can, they are a good team and amazing at home. But, it is difficult. SF I am not high on at all, something feels off to me.

Packers maybe but outside the SB run they had years ago they have been horrible in the playoffs.

So that leaves the Saints at times to me since they have an improving D and yes they do need to protect Brees since he took some licks last year. The NFC South also switches division winners a lot so I expect Carolina to go down a tad (and the offense there/tougher schedule) and a team like the Bucs/Falcons to show some improvements but not enough to surpass the Saints.

In the AFC I hope it is us, but that NE schedule looks like cake to me so if they get homefield it could be over sadly.

Giants have always been at their best when they controlled the line of scrimmage and ran the ball well.

People have not paid much attention to their offseason moves but I personally like them, here they are:

http://www.bigblueinteractive.com/free-agency/free-agent-signings/

I would not be shocked to see the Giants at the top of the NFC East again, for starters. They do play the NFC West this year, if I am right and if they end up as a #3 or #4 seed, they will be battle tested, IMO.

I don't see either team in the previous Super Bowl repeating. Denver likely will choke in the first round like they normally do, and Seattle might be talented but let's not forget all those close games. They nearly lost to Tampa Bay and Houston of all teams, not counting everyone else that nearly beat them.

I have more faith in the Colts to go further than Seattle, but that prediction is pretty off for me.

Bogie, 

I do respect that you always have the courage to say what you believe regardless of any backlash that might result because of it. You say what you mean & you mean exactly what you say. That's a complement not a slam BTW. So rare these days...authenticity. Thanks for the INDY support & I've always liked New Orleans as a squad. Even when we lost in 2009, I liked QB Drew Brees so I was ok with losing to a man I respect so much. 

Actually, I see the Colts vs the 49ers. JMO. 

Unlikely would have been a good way to describe the 2012 Colts coming off a 2 win season and after totally gutting the roster.  But it happened.  And the 2014 Jets seem far better suited than Indy a couple years ago.

Apples and oranges..If the 2014 Jets could play the 2011 Colts..maybe you'd be right

The Jets were 8-8 because Miami and Buffalo cramped up like LeBron..

NE is better...Miami has less lunatics..and Buffalo has better players than the Jets

the Jets wont go 10-6...they probably wont go 8-8

Apples and oranges..If the 2014 Jets could play the 2011 Colts..maybe you'd be right

The Jets were 8-8 because Miami and Buffalo cramped up like LeBron..

NE is better...Miami has less lunatics..and Buffalo has better players than the Jets

the Jets wont go 10-6...they probably wont go 8-8

The very simple point is that picking the Jets to make the playoffs is not unreasonable at all. They have components that could make them a decent team.