Colts Vs. Jaguars Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What level did you play receiver at? High school? College?

I played for my junior and senior year of high school. Played in cegep (Quebec thing), and I played all through university at McGill University. So I went up to the University level (or Canadian college), tried out for the CFL combine, but no one signed me, so I called it quits for football as a player. Now, I'm a wide receivers coach for the McGill Redmen... too bad our record is 0-9 (we play 9 games :( ).

I played for my junior and senior year of high school. Played in cegep (Quebec thing), and I played all through university at McGill University. So I went up to the University level (or Canadian college), tried out for the CFL combine, but no one signed me, so I called it quits for football as a player. Now, I'm a wide receivers coach for the McGill Redmen... too bad our record is 0-9 (we play 9 games :( ).

Nice, you really know your football. What do you think of the CFL game?

I played center in HS and then moved to TE my senior year. Played TE at Div.II University of Indianapolis. I was a blocking TE though...so no receiving experience here hehe.

Nice, you really know your football. What do you think of the CFL game?

I absolutely love the CFL. Although I am a bigger NFL fan, CFL always produces exciting games, and the game is never over until the final horn sounds. Theirs 3 downs and the play clock stops after every play, meaning a ton of possesions, and a lot of comebacks. Exciting exciting league, and rules, but NFL and the Colts are my love!

I absolutely love the CFL. Although I am a bigger NFL fan, CFL always produces exciting games, and the game is never over until the final horn sounds. Theirs 3 downs and the play clock stops after every play, meaning a ton of possesions, and a lot of comebacks. Exciting exciting league, and rules, but NFL and the Colts are my love!

I'm not a fan of the CFL. I don't like how the slot receivers run before the play starts, I don't like the 3 downs, I'm just not a CFL fan

I'm not a fan of the CFL. I don't like how the slot receivers run before the play starts, I don't like the 3 downs, I'm just not a CFL fan

I played slotback... :angry: lol

I understand, I know a lot of CFL fans that hate the NFL... I guess it's just what your used to. It's a fast paced game the CFL, and I find it hard to follow sometimes. I can understand how people don't like it...

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Another one of these? lol... so painful
    • The 'Rain Man' can be his new nick name. I love it  . He will eventually be good in this league. 
    • IMO, will come down to Jackson and Lindsay. None of the UDFAs impressed me. All had significant holes in their resume. 
    • Rainmann looking good in camp, is what I expect, I just believe Pryor has earned the job given how well he did last season. So long as Pryor doesn't look bad, I think he'll be starting, be it at LT or RG. My bet though is LT. Pryor was just super solid wherever he was starting last season. As long as his body is still right, I'm confident he'll be effective. Rainmann just has a lot to learn regardless of how he might flash.  see directly below.    Responding to the two directly above. I though a lot about that (above) should Pinter somehow fail to impress. Overall, he looked great playing center, and seemed to have fantastic vertical punch after the snap. Playing G though is different, but I love his chances. If we still had DeGuglielmo, I might expect more of a radical shakeup, and some musical chairs to start the season, but we have Strausser who hasn't shown to be near as aggressive in mixing things up. Strausser IMO was even super slow last season to insert guys like Pryor when Fisher was incredibly bad at times.    I agree Rainmann will be eased in, and Kelly might have the better chance at a week one start than Rainmann. But I don't think any of the scenarios are far fetched. And I think god-forbid early injury (anywhere) and/or the situation at RG could push different decisions.    But overall, I love the depth at T this season. Sooooo much better than years past. But I also hate iOL depth. If Pinter is starting, our depth at this point is only Fries and some of the other long shots we just picked up. And I'm not confident in Fries at all at this point.  see directly below. responding to both immediately above.   Davenport and Tevi both scared the heck out of me. Didn't like either at all. And I think most were of the same opinion, at least anyone that looked at both closely. Overall, Kelly is an obvious upgrade over both. Rainmann to me was a no-brainer where we drafted him, and should be at minimum good depth. So loving the Pryor-Kelly-Rainmann group. Perhaps no clear elite stud for starting LT, but it's likely a quality and solid threesome for both starter and depth.  His grading has been declining year after year since he extended. I don't see him anywhere near top 5. Not sure if the early injury plagued him all last year, but he was simply not good. He needs a strong season IMO or will be on the hot seat next year.  YUP. Both scared me...  It's going to be interesting. I think injury could force different shuffles. If RK for instance gets injured, you'd see Pinter likely move to C, then Pryor (or someone else) take RG, then Kelly or Rainmann at LT. God forbid Q go down, and without Glow and Reed, we'd see a total shuffle. 
  • Members

• compuls1v3

compuls1v3 1,031

• HOZER

HOZER 3,922

• EastStreet

EastStreet 18,282

• buccolts

buccolts 3,166

• joecolts

joecolts 365

• CurBeatElite