Colts Vs. Jaguars Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• What’s the point of a contract if not to honor it, and what’s the point of asking for more money if you performed poorly the last season.  I couldn’t imagine I’d get a raise if I didn’t do well the previous year.  It’s not logical, it’s entitlement thinking.
    • So how do we separate out slot corners from outside corners, and compare/rank their salaries?
    • This is pretty silly. In theory, maybe there are undiscovered talents out there. In practice, the vast, overwhelming majority of people who try to make it to the NFL are not good enough.   https://www.ncaa.org/sports/2015/2/27/football-probability-of-competing-beyond-high-school.aspx
    • Kenny is probably the highest paid “slot corner”. He is not a outside corner by any stretch  
    • I thought the Colts should have restructured Kenny Moore at the start of the offseason to create cap space. Maybe they considered it, but he and his agent said 'not without significantly more money,' and that's where all this began... (Doubt it; Defo is the other guy in this situation, and they didn't touch his contract either.)    If he wants $15m/year, we are at an impasse, and the Colts should prepare to have him sit out a portion of the season, because there's no bridging that gap. If he was willing to accept a couple million more in 2022, with a full guarantee for the season, and no extension -- maybe we use a couple voidable years or something -- I'd be fine with that. (And I think if he were a FA this offseason, he easily could have gotten $10-12m/year from another team, even with 2021 not being his finest year. The market is pretty clear on that.)   As for accountability, let me be clear: all players should be held accountable. I don't think that when a good, responsible player like Kenny Moore has a few bad games, you should rake him over the head with it like he's a dog who chewed your furniture. That's not accountability, that's pettiness. All players are accountable to carry out their assignments. That doesn't mean you get rid of a player as soon as he has a down season.   To the bolded, I think that's a question. It's not really what you were getting at earlier, and it's not really been the tone in most of the posts in this thread. The tone has been typical, bitter fan hatred because a player wants more money.   But to that question, as I said earlier, I think the market values Kenny Moore higher than the $6.75m he's scheduled to make in 2022, so it's reasonable for him to want a new deal. I don't really care to talk about what a player deserves; player pay is dictated by the market, and their leverage, not what they deserve. Based on 2021, I'm not in a rush to redo Moore's contract, and I think I'd be okay with them telling him 'no, let's talk next year.' But I think a reasonable middle ground exists where he gets a couple million more, and his 2022 money is guaranteed. And if he's not open to that, then the next move is up to him.
  • Members

• stitches

stitches 11,687

• newb767

newb767 0

• bellevuecolt

bellevuecolt 0

Rookie
    • Moosejawcolt

Moosejawcolt 2,490

• tate

tate 10