Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what annoys me about these Colts so much is their inability to ever try something different. When the Dolphins were bad a few years ago, they went to the Wildcat to win a few games. Do SOMETHING different. Instead, it is the same plays, same calls.

I honestly will be shocked if Caldwell isn't fired and Tressel or someone isn't intern since the bye week is coming up.

0-16 here we come

Yep we are well on our way there. With the QB play we have I just do not see win coming at any time. I wonder if Bill will think Caldwell will still have done a better job then our Super Bowl run?

We need Reitz back and a Link just sucks.

It is infuriating that this team is just so freaking bad without Manning. I expected s drop off and be 6-10 to 8-8, but never did I see 0-16 on the horizon.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Discussed a lot in many other threads already...    But, IMO, worth discussing if the topic if it's about Indy's willingness to roll the dice on injuries in general.   Fisher - big gamble on a huge position of need. Early schedule could be ugly if Tevi has to start the first month. Huge gamble.   Dayo - good value in the 2nd. Young and should heal. It's a long term play, one that I'm not sure we should have taken given other needs. Good gamble.   Mack - pretty easy decision IMO. Cheap, and short term. Any production will be great. Good loyalty sign to set him with another team in 2022. If he heals well, he'll be a fantastic RB2. Almost zero risk and lots of upside. No risk gamble. 
    • The bolded is basically my opinion. Good way of putting it.    Edit: Structured scheduling is gonna be really hard. Shared arenas, other events scheduled, TV obligations, etc.    I'll get back to you on AZ.
    • I think what it boils down to, is that there is a significant number of teams that get to enjoy that advantage of being rested over a team that is not. While the Colts have not enjoyed that benefit.    Essentially, the other teams in our division and conference could get +1 for a better % chance of winning their game off a bye.   That probably reads even more confusing, and if so I apologize. It's May, which in teaching terms means my mind is quite nearly a puddle on the floor. 
    • Pro days replaced the combine. NFL established guidelines and some funding I believe. Combine was limited to medicals. Measurables are easy for most players, but Dayo's injury prohibited him from the team's pro day.   BTW, Dayo's pre injury 40 was 4.7. Not great, but he's bigger, and he's more about power than KP.   Here's KP's RAS  
    • A lot of time. A lot of things can happen.   Full disclosure, I'm not a huge fan of spending much on back up QBs unless you're a perennial SB fav, or have a really iffy starting QB. If QB1 goes down, your expectation should be "you'll be .500" over a few games. If you count on a backup for longer than that, it doesn't matter. If your backup needs to play in the playoff, it doesn't matter.   Colts are all in on Wentz. They've used 2 middle round picks on back ups. Purely my opinion, but they need to get value of either JE or SE. If not, the draft capital was a waste.    I'm perfectly fine though if late in camp they decide to pick up a vet like Hoyer on the cheap.       JE has traits. SE is very limited. If they think either can go .500 over the course of 1-4 games, I'm good. If not, get Hoyer or another on the cheap that can manage well, not screw up, and go .500 with a solid team around them.      Blackmon has great traits. Pros - absolutely all pro with what's in front of him.  Cons - started his career at CB and was awful. moved to FS and still struggling with the backend coverage.   I think 75% of his issue is mental. It's simply choices. He chooses instinctually the big play over solid and conservative choice. If he can be more disciplined, he could be great. If he can't, move him to SS where he can be more instinctual and great. I think he's a natural SS fit, but would love to see him make it at FS. We need, and rely on, FS more than SS in our scheme.
  • Members

• tate

tate 2

Rookie
    • jchandler7

jchandler7 195

• buccolts

buccolts 2,576

• Moosejawcolt

Moosejawcolt 1,694

• Gyworks

Gyworks 13