Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If Zach Brown out of North Carolina fell to the 3rd round I would probably take him. He has been compared to Lance Briggs.

I do like Sean Spence though, he is athletic and a very good linebacker. I'd probably take him in the 4th round. If we get an extra compensatory pick in the 4th round for the Clint Session, then that would be a good spot to take Spence if he is available.

@Husker- Yeah he does look undersized, but the fact that he can run with some receivers, and most backs and tight-ends I think that would really bode well for a coverage linebacker, especially because it is an area the Colts lack. Not to mention he makes lots of tackles and is frequently cleaning up the play. It also depends on if the Colts switch to another system next season, if there is a coaching change, have to have personnel that fit what you do.

i love him, but i don't know if he is big enough to play lb in the nfl. he can run with wr's, so i have wondered if it would be worth trying him at safety in the nfl. you draft him and find a position for him!

I agree and I would say the same of Sean Spence. Zach Brown will very likely NOT fall to the 3rd round. He's been a consensus first round pick all year. The OLB prospects I like most are Nigel Bradham of FSU and Keenan Robinson of Texas. I would love to get Luke Kuechly of Boston College or Manti Te'o from Notre Dame. I think either could play pretty much any LB position in a 4-3.

Other LBs I like are Jerry Franklin of Arkansas, Nico Johnson of Alabama and James-Michael Johnson of Nevada,

I agree and I would say the same of Sean Spence. Zach Brown will very likely NOT fall to the 3rd round. He's been a consensus first round pick all year. The OLB prospects I like most are Nigel Bradham of FSU and Keenan Robinson of Texas. I would love to get Luke Kuechly of Boston College or Manti Te'o from Notre Dame. I think either could play pretty much any LB position in a 4-3.

Other LBs I like are Jerry Franklin of Arkansas, Nico Johnson of Alabama and James-Michael Johnson of Nevada,

Yeah Zach Brown probably won't fall to the 3rd round, it's just I don't think we need to use a high pick on a LB unless it is extremely good value, like Brown in the 3rd round. I do like Sean Spence though in the 4th round. We should have 2 4th round picks if I am thinking right.

@Jason- I agree with Manti Te’o being able to transition to any LB spot, I am not a big fan of the Boston College kid, he just makes tackles, he doesn’t put the wood in anybody, just a safe linebacker, we really need to crank up the tanastiy and attitude on defense, especially from our linebackers, if we go linebacker early I really want Te’o or Burfict, both could transition anywhere, but I think Burfict because of his speed, would have an easier transition to OLB. Whats the scouting report on the other guys? Robinson of Texas is a good athlete!