Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Let's talk Eric Thomas

Nobody

Wow.

Eric Thomas is an undrafted free agent signed by us, a WR out of Troy.

You have to watch this kid play.

It's honestly amazing. He bounces off of tackles like it's nothing. His stiff arm, deadly. His hands are ridiculously strong and his pull away speed as well.

ET, the Human Highlight Reel, looks like Justin Blackmon in college, only more dominant (and faster.)

I'll have to watch more but I think we need to find a way to keep the kid on the roster.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think he was asked to return kicks or punts in college but he looks like he has the ability to. He may not have because he was so dominant on offense and they didn't want to risk an injury.

^ wow.

Showing each highlight twice is annoying, other than that, yeah, wow!

So why did he go undrafted? I live in Bama and don't remember this kid. And I have friends who are Troy grads. He has decent measurables and I couldn't find anything off the field bad about him.

His biggest issue is that WR is probably our deepest position. PS?

So why did he go undrafted?

Sure looks like he should have been drafted but I guess it would be…

1) Really deep draft that was also loaded with WR's . 

2) Level of competition

3) Not great speed.

4) Read he lacked strength. Shows 2 reps at 225.

Sure looks like he should have been drafted but I guess it would be…

1) Really deep draft that was also loaded with WR's .

2) Level of competition

3) Not great speed.

4) Read he lacked strength. Shows 2 reps at 225.

he definitely doesn't lack strength on the field. I don't know what he did wrong that day but he's bullying tacklers.

Troy doesn't always play the best teams but he produced against good ones too.

Wow.

Eric Thomas is an undrafted free agent signed by us, a WR out of Troy.

You have to watch this kid play.

It's honestly amazing. He bounces off of tackles like it's nothing. His stiff arm, deadly. His hands are ridiculously strong and his pull away speed as well.

ET, the Human Highlight Reel, looks like Justin Blackmon in college, only more dominant (and faster.)

I'll have to watch more but I think we need to find a way to keep the kid on the roster.

Chuckle

Of course no where near the speed and route running of a Blackmon. That was some pretty pathetic pass coverage in this HIGHLIGHT film.

You are a Hoot!

I know this is a good problem to have, but man, I really hate having sooooooo many good receivers.

We can only keep so many, and I would hate to see our competition end up with some of our talent...

Mmmmmmm.

Wayne. Old, injured.

Hilton. Check.

Nicks. Injury prone.

Brazil. Not done much yet.

Rodgers. Rookie. Baggage.

Whalen. Not done much yet.

A lot of wishful thinking going on here.

Chuckle

Of course no where near the speed and route running of a Blackmon. That was some pretty pathetic pass coverage in this HIGHLIGHT film.

You are a Hoot!

I didn't just watch highlights, actually.

Blackmon isn't very fast. No where near as fast? Ok haha.

Pathetic coverage eh? Did you watch all the passes in great coverage and with PI too?

I know this is a good problem to have, but man, I really hate having sooooooo many good receivers.

We can only keep so many, and I would hate to see our competition end up with some of our talent...

I remember people penciling in Napalm to make the roster and being excited about Sambrano. A bunch of others too. (And people telling me Harnish was going to be trade bait before he played a game)

That excitement abated after seeing them in a preseason game.

We'll see soon.

I remember people penciling in Napalm to make the roster and being excited about Sambrano. A bunch of others too. (And people telling me Harnish was going to be trade bait before he played a game)

That excitement abated after seeing them in a preseason game.

We'll see soon.

Won't really have a good feel until pre-season game 4 when it's all back-up players

Hopefully Matt Hasselbeck is the QB cause as a WR it's hard to showcase your skill when your QB is bad

Harnish is horrible & I feel would hinder our deep WR core from showing what they got

Just my opinion anyway

^ wow.

3 plays showed twice mixed with him running down the field with his arms crossed and chest puffed afterwards lol? Isnt exactly a highlight reel but thanks for sharing. Just give me somebody with Marvin Harrison`s "ive been here before" and flip the ball to the ref please 

How many snaps for Rodgers? He's a rookie for sure.

Moncrief? What's he done, pray tell? Too much wishful thinking on here in my view. Time we got real.

Rogers. He didn't have many snaps but he's still miles ahead of any rookie. Not a rookie.

Moncrief was drafted in the 3rd round and many had him as a first round talent, so he's miles ahead of any UDFA WR. Moncrief is an unproven rookie. I didn't say other wise but he deserves to be on that list of yours because he's a lock to make the team, more so than Brazill, Whalen, or even Rogers.

My response had nothing to do with wishful thinking, just facts.

theres definitely a problem with him sticking before Whalen and Brazill. I'm a Brazill fan but Thomas is wow.

I think you may be on to something here.  He may have adequate speed, certainly not TY Speed, but has possession receiver quickness along with downfield savvy.  Kind of reminds me of Anquan Boldin - looks like a RB with the ball in his hands.  If he can run routes, he could stick on the Psquad for sure. 

Rogers. He didn't have many snaps but he's still miles ahead of any rookie. Not a rookie.

Moncrief was drafted in the 3rd round and many had him as a first round talent, so he's miles ahead of any UDFA WR. Moncrief is an unproven rookie. I didn't say other wise but he deserves to be on that list of yours because he's a lock to make the team, more so than Brazill, Whalen, or even Rogers.

My response had nothing to do with wishful thinking, just facts.

Read what you wrote again. Not played a snap in professional football, but he's a lock? Do not insult my intelligence.

Read what you wrote again. Not played a snap in professional football, but he's a lock? Do not insult my intelligence.

I'll let you 2 dook this out, but there is a difference between a long term lock and lock to be on the roster this year as a rookie.  

You indicate that Moncrief isn't a lock to make this roster from what I can tell.  I can't remember the last 3rd rounder that got cut his rookie year by any team.  I'm sure it's happenned, but its a lock that Moncrief makes our final 53.

3 plays showed twice mixed with him running down the field with his arms crossed and chest puffed afterwards lol? Isnt exactly a highlight reel but thanks for sharing. Just give me somebody with Marvin Harrison`s "ive been here before" and flip the ball to the ref please

Its not the only one I shared.

I've never minded celebrations. Don't wanna see the other team celebrate? Then stop them.

A third rounder with no character issues is a lock to make the roster 100% of the time IMO.

he definitely doesn't lack strength on the field. I don't know what he did wrong that day but he's bullying tacklers.

Troy doesn't always play the best teams but he produced against good ones too.

Agree and that's why I started my post off saying IMO , he should have been drafted. I read the "strength thing" in a scouting report and saw that he had 2 reps on the BP. But looking at the tapes , it looks like he has strength . Not to mention hands , size, good route running and speed. Plus all that he had 3 years of consistent good production. Must have really been a hell  of a draft or teams were just sleeping on this guy.

I'm with the OP on this one. He's an exciting player. It'll be interesting to see how things work out for him and the Colts.

And why not be excited about his potential? It's the off-season -- a time when fans are supposed to get excited about the potential that new players have-- even if it's misplaced excitement, as with NaPalm and Sambrano. That's the fun part of the off season. Why do some of us have to be down on those who enjoy this? 

I don't think he was asked to return kicks or punts in college but he looks like he has the ability to. He may not have because he was so dominant on offense and they didn't want to risk an injury.

He looks good and being the only WR eligible for the practice squad could be to his advantage. Technically Moncrief is eligible too but he would get snatched up quickly. Kid looks good he broke TY's touchdown record in the Sun Belt Conference. It looks like we have a ton of UDFA talent.

Grigs said 14 were from our board I'd bet this kid was on the board. Is it possible that if 87 is ready to go that Nicks gets the boot before he even gets a start as a Colt? Not likely but he better bring it in camp. We have at the very least a lot of potential at WR. Wonder how much money is guaranteed

I'm with the OP on this one. He's an exciting player. It'll be interesting to see how things work out for him and the Colts.

And why not be excited about his potential? It's the off-season -- a time when fans are supposed to get excited about the potential that new players have-- even if it's misplaced excitement, as with NaPalm and Sambrano. That's the fun part of the off season. Why do some of us have to be down on those who enjoy this? 

Because some like to get excited about players with potential … Abongo , the FA safety , this guy and whomever else. Others like to be wet blankets and point out that the chances are slim that a FA WR could make an impact. I'll admit that the Victor Cruz's are few and far between but they do happen. And (shouldn't start a sentence like that ) they probably would come from lower level competition. Those guys are more likely to go under the radar as they are harder to judge.

Moncrief is a lock to make the final 53. If that insults your intelligence then that's a you problem.

He and Mewhort are as close to being locks as anyone on the team. Even if they're injured before the season starts, they'll be on IR, not released.

Fact of life,early draft picks are going to get preferential treatment to show their stuff.