Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Does UDFA Streak Stay Alive?

IAColtsFan

Currently the Colts lead the league with 15 straight years of an UDFA making the 53-man roster (next closest teams: Kansas City - 11 years, Denver - 10 years).  Do you see this streak continuing this year?  If so, which player(s) do you see making the roster?

Also, do you view this as a good or bad streak to be leading?

I think it's a good thing, it means we know how to pick up good talent after the draft, and we give UFAs opportunities to make the team. Also I think Purifoy (CB/S), Kerr (DT), Cox (CB), Harrison (Center), McDonald (S), and Tipton (RB) all have good chances to make the team.

I believe 5-6 make it with a lot on the practice squad. 

I think Swoope is almost guaranteed to be on the PS.  He's a project player that Grigs wants so they are gonna work on him for at least a year no matter where he is at while he's in camp.  

That's pretty interesting.  Where did you find that info?

It came up in a story that popped up on my ESPN app.  It came up as a Colts story even though it is a Broncos story due to them being mentioned.  It's in the second to last paragraph if you don't want to read the whole article.

I haven't found anything about that outside this article so I might take some to try to see if I can figure out who they all were under those 15 years.

It came up in a story that popped up on my ESPN app.  It came up as a Colts story even though it is a Broncos story due to them being mentioned.  It's in the second to last paragraph if you don't want to read the whole article.

I haven't found anything about that outside this article so I might take some to try to see if I can figure out who they all were under those 15 years.

Cool.  Thanks for sharing the info