Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Super Bowl LII

ricker182

I don't think they do the vote till Tuesday so I don't think he could know. 

I could be misreading what he said..reading more into it than is there..

....he may just have been hopeful..

I am worried that Minnesota will get the Bowl because of the new stadium,

I don't see anyway we beat out either New Orleans or Minneapolis.  My guess it that because Minneapolis is building a new stadium, they will get it, as they should.  The only reason we got a Super Bowl is because we built a new stadium.  While Indianapolis got rave reviews, I wouldn't count on getting another one anytime soon.  Indianapolis is not a destination that people want to go to and the newness of the stadium has worn off, plus we got extremely lucky with the 60 degree weather last time.

I don't see anyway we beat out either New Orleans or Minneapolis.  My guess it that because Minneapolis is building a new stadium, they will get it, as they should.  The only reason we got a Super Bowl is because we built a new stadium.  While Indianapolis got rave reviews, I wouldn't count on getting another one anytime soon.  Indianapolis is not a destination that people want to go to and the newness of the stadium has worn off, plus we got extremely lucky with the 60 degree weather last time.

They cant cite weather concerns and go to  Minnesota...that's a blizzard waiting to happen....I would never hold the Super Bowl in  Minneaplois under any circumstances

A 30-degree week would not hurt anything...and that's the average daily temp

I'm hoping the near disaster in NYC will shine the NFL off Minneapolis and a stadium that is not yet built..

Indy is an NFL destination because of the combine...and the game a few years back went very well for the old NFL..

The problem is..NOLA is party land and the Super Bowl is a party

MOLA

Have we even gotten to the phase where the cities actually make their proposals?

I don't think so.

I'd think we'd have heard something about that by now.   Irsay is supposed to help present the proposal for Indy.    I think we'd have heard something about that by now.

I would guess that process starts Tuesday.   Whether they also take the vote the same day, I have no idea.

But I would guess that proposals are presented on Tuesday.....

New Orleans turning 300 would be hard to pass up... and Minnesota with a spiffy new stadium is equally hard considering the Indy/ New Jersey Bowls went well despite being cold weather cities. if Indy nabs it, it is because everything is already in place.

They cant cite weather concerns and go to  Minnesota...that's a blizzard waiting to happen....I would never hold the Super Bowl in  Minneaplois under any circumstances

A 30-degree week would not hurt anything...and that's the average daily temp

I'm hoping the near disaster in NYC will shine the NFL off Minneapolis and a stadium that is not yet built..

Indy is an NFL destination because of the combine...and the game a few years back went very well for the old NFL..

The problem is..NOLA is party land and the Super Bowl is a party

MOLA

The Super Bowl has already been in Minneapolis, in 1992.  Comparing the Super Bowl to the combine is one of the most absurd things I have ever read.  The combine is a business trip, the Super Bowl is a party.  

The Super Bowl wont go to NOLA...its been there 10 times

They are trying to make things bigger..not make them stay the same

I agree with you that Minnesota probably has a handshake agreement that they will get the game because they built the stadium.

We need to keep I mind that the losers in this vote can simply try for 2019

The Super Bowl has already been in Minneapolis, in 1992.  Comparing the Super Bowl to the combine is one of the most absurd things I have ever read.  The combine is a business trip, the Super Bowl is a party.  

No one compared the Super Bowl to the combine...

But Indianapolis is a well known destination for the NFL....because of the combine..

Minnesota is not

The Super Bowl wont go to NOLA...its been there 10 times

They are trying to make things bigger..not make them stay the same

I agree with you that Minnesota probably has a handshake agreement that they will get the game because they built the stadium.

We need to keep I mind that the losers in this vote can simply try for 2019

Saying it won't go to Nola because of how many they have hosted is naive.

New Orleans turning 300 would be hard to pass up... and Minnesota with a spiffy new stadium is equally hard considering the Indy/ New Jersey Bowls went well despite being cold weather cities. if Indy nabs it, it is because everything is already in place.

I agree.....NOLA is a candidate every year because its a party town..

....The Super Bowl in 1992 is not the 2018 Super Bowl..the event has grown..and with the stadium, not yet completed..there is a question of whetehr Minneapolis can handle the game..

But if part of the agreement to build the stadium included a promise by the NFL: to bring a Super Bowl there..then its over./

That';s the art of the deal

Saying it won't go to Nola because of how many they have hosted is naive.

Not really...and I klnow you agree..

You don't seriously think the NFL is going to pass on Indianapolis..where the game exceeded expectations..

...and Minnesota,..which is building a new stadium ...to go to NOLA a 11th time.???.

I don't either

I hope the other owners don't turn Indy down because of the charges pending on Irsay in the back of their minds.

That's a concern..and I think that's why Irsay made sure he's at the meeting...to soothe any concerns.

I cant think like an owner..its hard to say what might eliminate a franchise

..I guess we'll know for sure... this afternoon...

I hope the other owners don't turn Indy down because of the charges pending on Irsay in the back of their minds.

In my opinion, there was no way we were going to get this after what Irsay did. Love the guy, but I doubt the NFL was going to award us a Super Bowl after that. Too many questions to answer if they did.

No one compared the Super Bowl to the combine...

But Indianapolis is a well known destination for the NFL....because of the combine..

Minnesota is not

Again, you're comparing the combine to the Super Bowl.  Indianapolis is not a destination that people want to go to.  There's two ways that cities can get a Super Bowl, 1. build a new stadium 2. be in a warm weather city

Actually Indy IS a place where the media and NFL industry folks LOVE to go to and all the fans gave us a major thumbs up too.  We had the most universally praised SB ever.  They talked as much about how much they love our city as they talked about the game all week.  

I doubt we will see a SB in Indy for another decade or more.  Sad but reality.  

At least it wasn't New Orleans AGAIN.  Spread the wealth.  Congrats to MN.  

Google search says it's going to Minneapolis.  

Oh well we should keep putting in bids for the SB.

I only say that of course because I don't live in Indy.  I don't think I'd want all that congestion if it was my hometown.  But SB is far enough away that we don't deal with any of it.

It costs a FORTUNE just to submit a bid... not sure WHY it cost so much, perhaps just to keep everyone from trying for every game.  There was no congestion in Indy by the way.  We were down there several times including the night before and day of game and there was really no traffic at all.  Just one of the many reasons why Indy rocked it.  I bet MN uses a lot of our ideas on theirs.  

I agree.....NOLA is a candidate every year because its a party town..

....The Super Bowl in 1992 is not the 2018 Super Bowl..the event has grown..and with the stadium, not yet completed..there is a question of whetehr Minneapolis can handle the game..

But if part of the agreement to build the stadium included a promise by the NFL: to bring a Super Bowl there..then its over./

That';s the art of the deal

Weren't you arguing not long ago that there was no way Minneapolis would get the SB?