Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mark Schlereth Picks Colts To Beat Jags

KyFan18

Just heard it on NFL Kick-Off on ESPN2. Said he expects Colts to force a couple turnovers from a rookie QB and that it's time for the Colts to get their first win.

Also, Wendy Nix on there threw out a "Challenge flag" and challenged Colts fans to stop wearing the jersey of a college quarterback and support Peyton Manning, who is not retired or even on IR.

Just heard it on NFL Kick-Off on ESPN2. Said he expects Colts to force a couple turnovers from a rookie QB and that it's time for the Colts to get their first win.

Also, Wendy Nix on there threw out a "Challenge flag" and challenged Colts fans to stop wearing the jersey of a college quarterback and support Peyton Manning, who is not retired or even on IR.

An odd comment when you consider the fact that neither one is actually playing for the Colts :eyebrow:

Maybe I am blind, but I didn't see anyone at last week's game wearing a "Luck" jersey. I'm sure some were there, but in my journey from New York st and Capital to my seats, I saw none. Lots of Manning jerseys, Addai, Wayne, Clark, but no Luck, so I don't know what Wendy's beef is. Hey Wendy, Where's the beef?

At this point I am seriously rooting for the Colts so we don't get the 1st pick and Luck

I have nothing against Luck, or the prospect of him being a Colt in the future, but I'm quite tired of him being made the focal point of the Colts season this year.

BTW, he's a redshirt Junior this year. Is there a guarantee he'd turning pro next year?

Sorry, I'm not a college eligibility major.

If he still has eligibility left, can Peyton still talk him into staying his senior year?

Just because Blaine Gabbert is a rookie doesn't mean he wont give us a beat-down. Remember, Andy Dalton went 25/32 against us with 264yds and 1 TD. That's a 111.4 QB Rating!

I think this will be another beat-down. It wont be a blowout, but it will be another loss nonetheless.

• Where's the beef? I don't think there is anybody back there!! haha, dated!!

As for the rookie QB lighting us up, history says he will. Most of the rookie or first time starters light up this defense, always been that way. We get a rookie LT and everyone says, Freeney is going to have a field day. He ends up with a tackle and maybe a sack on occassion in those situations. Our team doesn't do well against people with little or no film. Heck, they barely do well against filmed players now.

I expect a loss today but I do think this game is at least competitive. We should see a lot of MJD and short throws right in the middle of the field and 5 yards in front of all the cb's. No need to risk throwing the long ball when you can dink and dunk with a high rate of success.