Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck advances to Round 2 of Madden Cover vote; TY eliminated.

Dustin

Your comment is like me, who doesn't drink, walking into a bar, getting everyone's attention, and announcing, "I don't drink because I have better things to do than to get possessed by alcohol". Whether you see it or not it rings of "I'm superior" or perhaps it's just your condescending way of telling us you're to weak to play a video game without becoming addicted.

I am done with trying to have a debate with you. You are too childish. I am not superior to anyone and don't have that attitude. You took my comment and put your own spin on it and now want to do nothing but argue. No thanks. Just put me on ignore and I will do the same.

I am done with trying to have a debate with you. You are too childish. I am not superior to anyone and don't have that attitude. You took my comment and put your own spin on it and now want to do nothing but argue. No thanks. Just put me on ignore and I will do the same.

I'm not going to ignore you, I don't ignore people, but I wouldn't anyway because I think for the most part you're a very good poster. I just think you made a pretty dumb comment here so I called you out for it. If you feel you need to ignore me then go for it.

Sounds like you are a very smart person. You chose your priorities over gaming. I just made a simple opinionated comment about the pitfalls of people who are gaming junkies. Some took it as a personal attack when it was a general comment. Sorry if you thought my comment was directed at you on a personal level.

And the vast majority of gamers set their priorities correctly as well.  

Your comment stings because there is a myth or stereotype of video game players out there, that is that nearly every gamer doesn't do that and just lives in their mom's basement playing games 16 hours a day.  

That sort of stereotype doesn't exist for people who drink or gamble.  

And the vast majority of gamers set their priorities correctly as well.  

Your comment stings because there is a myth or stereotype of video game players out there, that is that nearly every gamer doesn't do that and just lives in their mom's basement playing games 16 hours a day.  

That sort of stereotype doesn't exist for people who drink or gamble.  

Gaming junkies are not a myth. All I did was address those people alone. It was a general comment made with the knowledge of what I do know. If you really think there are no people out there who have their lives altered because of the additions of gaming you are sadly mistaken. Alcoholics have problems that are too many to list. A gambling addition has it's own set of problems that are also too many to list. You may call it stereotyping but I call it reality.

Gaming junkies are not a myth. All I did was address those people alone. It was a general comment made with the knowledge of what I do know. If you really think there are no people out there who have their lives altered because of the additions of gaming you are sadly mistaken. Alcoholics have problems that are too many to list. A gambling addition has it's own set of problems that are also too many to list. You may call it stereotyping but I call it reality.

You completely misconstrued his comment.

Folks, 

Indianapolis has gotten a LOT of unfortunate negative publicity over the past few weeks.  The Pacers(who I LOVE as a wonderfully respectable group of guys first and foremost from top to bottom) are getting bashed by everyone even after winning game one.  The Colts are getting hammered, with Mathis and Irsay, two beloved and major people behind our wonderful team who is also a model of decency in professional sport.  We got hammered over our draft (Kiper in particular) unfairly, they've been saying we have no chance to land SB 52 over New Orleans or Minneapolis.  Our ESPN assigned news guys (Wells) HATES the Colts, is perhaps the laziest writer for a major news source I have ever come across and is on a rampage about hammering our Owner, who has an ADDICTION which is supposed to be a disease, not recreational or an attempt to enhance performance which is why most players get punishment though he just doesn't get it, and ESPN also spent an entire day yesterday with Shady McCoy on every show all day lobbying for votes to beat Luck being egged on further by the likes of Skip Bayless who HATES Andrew Luck AND the Pacers (why Hibbert went on their show to plead his case is beyond me, they're his biggest critics).   No other player was on there pleading for votes and if anything, it is simply fixing the votes against Andrew.  I realize it is just a video game cover, but this relentless dislike of all things Indianapolis, (remember how they tortured Manning about winning a Super Bowl and then another while he was here, but have a new love affair with him now that he's in Denver and are cheering him on to win at least one more) is getting really really old.  

Anyone else notice this stuff?  Ack!  -Brian 

Folks, 

Indianapolis has gotten a LOT of unfortunate negative publicity over the past few weeks.  The Pacers(who I LOVE as a wonderfully respectable group of guys first and foremost from top to bottom) are getting bashed by everyone even after winning game one.  The Colts are getting hammered, with Mathis and Irsay, two beloved and major people behind our wonderful team who is also a model of decency in professional sport.  We got hammered over our draft (Kiper in particular) unfairly, they've been saying we have no chance to land SB 52 over New Orleans or Minneapolis.  Our ESPN assigned news guys (Wells) HATES the Colts, is perhaps the laziest writer for a major news source I have ever come across and is on a rampage about hammering our Owner, who has an ADDICTION which is supposed to be a disease, not recreational or an attempt to enhance performance which is why most players get punishment though he just doesn't get it, and ESPN also spent an entire day yesterday with Shady McCoy on every show all day lobbying for votes to beat Luck being egged on further by the likes of Skip Bayless who HATES Andrew Luck AND the Pacers (why Hibbert went on their show to plead his case is beyond me, they're his biggest critics).   No other player was on there pleading for votes and if anything, it is simply fixing the votes against Andrew.  I realize it is just a video game cover, but this relentless dislike of all things Indianapolis, (remember how they tortured Manning about winning a Super Bowl and then another while he was here, but have a new love affair with him now that he's in Denver and are cheering him on to win at least one more) is getting really really old.  

Yeah but negativity drives traffic so that's why they do it.  I imagine fans of other teams feel similarly.

Is there a team that is never dissed?

They also said 2012 was a fluke......that we played above our abilities...........so I'm not sure how they explain 2013.  

There's still plenty of Peyton haters..........just not Skip.........he mainly hates everything about Indy.

But everybody hates a winner!

Folks, 

don't worry buddy!  Shady still didn't win!  Luck is on to the next round

CFM, 

Yeah, I was quite surprised to see they couldn't sway the vote.  But it was the venom in the voices of everyone from Skip Bayless to the entire NFL Live crew including Ryan Clarke who we get to play against this season when we play Washington.  Should Andrew torch him, I wonder if his tune will change.   Probably not.  

Brian