Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Aaron Hernandez Indicted double homicide

lollygagger8

Unbelievable that someone who had the world at their fingertips would go around thugging it up and murdering people.  Im looking forward to this new season that won't have those distractions anymore and am glad that this can be put behind us.

Time to turn the page and forget this murderous fool.  I hope he enjoys the next 50+ years in prison.

Unbelievable that someone who had the world at their fingertips would go around thugging it up and murdering people.  Im looking forward to this new season that won't have those distractions anymore and am glad that this can be put behind us.

Time to turn the page and forget this murderous fool.  I hope he enjoys the next 50+ years in prison.

I'm sorry this happened to you guys...seriously. No team deserves this.  We had our own little rampaging killer about 10 years back. This isn't the Pat's fault, so you get a pass for it.

An indictment is not a conviction just a formal charge. He will need to enter a plea like he did with Olin. My guess is he pleads the same - not guilty and then sees if his lawyers can work their magic. A conviction for Olin seems unlikely given the murder weapon was never found and all the evidence is circumstantial.

I'm sorry this happened to you guys...seriously. No team deserves this.  We had our own little rampaging killer about 10 years back. This isn't the Pat's fault, so you get a pass for it.

In all seriousness, thank you for that... it's amazing how some rival fans out there on the interwebz have used this as a character indictment on all Patriots fans. Like we'd knowingly root for a murderer. 

Amazingly enough, it doesn't sound like the evidence they have on Hernandez in this case is anything more than circumstantial, kind of like the Odin case. I don't think there's any doubt in anyone's mind that he did this, but I'm curious to see how this plays out in trial, with representation to a jury. It would be a travesty if he walks, but judging from the "legal experts" I've heard interviewed, that is apparently a distinct possibility. Prosecutors more or less went all-in with the charges, which may have been a mistake. 

I hate that this guy ever wore a Patriots uniform... 

In all seriousness, thank you for that... it's amazing how some rival fans out there on the interwebz have used this as a character indictment on all Patriots fans. Like we'd knowingly root for a murderer. 

Amazingly enough, it doesn't sound like the evidence they have on Hernandez in this case is anything more than circumstantial, kind of like the Odin case. I don't think there's any doubt in anyone's mind that he did this, but I'm curious to see how this plays out in trial, with representation to a jury. It would be a travesty if he walks, but judging from the "legal experts" I've heard interviewed, that is apparently a distinct possibility. Prosecutors more or less went all-in with the charges, which may have been a mistake. 

Yeah, it's not the Pat's fault, but i sure hope the Pat's turn their back to him. He's a scumbag...plain and simple. You guys deserve more than this loser.  He failed you...failed everybody.

There is a good chance he walks if all the evidence is circumstantial.  You consider that and you consider that he likely has one of the best attorney's that money can buy.

Also it seems that in recent times that many very public trials have had a lot of acquittals.  

There is a good chance he walks if all the evidence is circumstantial.  You consider that and you consider that he likely has one of the best attorney's that money can buy.

Also it seems that in recent times that many very public trials have had a lot of acquittals.  

Seems crazy huh?

Either way this guy is obviously done as a football player, even with a "not guilty" verdict. Can't see any team giving him another chance, even in that scenario. 

I almost forgot about Mustafah (Steve) Muhammad who was accused of beating his pregnant wife to death. He was never convicted of murder, but got off with a "domestic battery" plea and a suspended sentence, some community service and a counseling program.  If Marvin had been a better shot, or just a bit unlucky, he could have made the list too.  Seems he was trying to hit some guy in a car and was spraying bullets around that came close to some bystanders.  

I almost forgot about Mustafah (Steve) Muhammad who was accused of beating his pregnant wife to death. He was never convicted of murder, but got off with a "domestic battery" plea and a suspended sentence, some community service and a counseling program. If Marvin had been a better shot, or just a bit unlucky, he could have made the list too. Seems he was trying to hit some guy in a car and was spraying bullets around that came close to some bystanders.

you may want to do a little more research on the Marvin incident

An indictment is not a conviction just a formal charge. He will need to enter a plea like he did with Olin. My guess is he pleads the same - not guilty and then sees if his lawyers can work their magic. A conviction for Olin seems unlikely given the murder weapon was never found and all the evidence is circumstantial.

I don't know if you think his name is "Olin" or you are just misspelling it.  But after the second time you said it, I thought I'd let you know.  His name is "Odin" not "Olin." 

I could care less about the Patriot fans. I can't wait to see the teams report on this guy leak like it did with Manziel. It is hard to believe that the team was dupped... and chances are they knew of his off field issues. Of course, no one would have imagined murder... but chances are they were fully aware he had issues coming out of Florida. I mean he had already reportedly shot one guy in the face during an ARGUMENT. None the less, it is all about winning in some people eyes.

You can convict on purely circumstantial evidence.  In the more recent cases,  there was a question of how the victim was killed.  Also in both cases, the prosecution over-charged seeking higher degrees of murder instead of going with lesser, more provable charges such as negligent manslaughter.   For Casey Anthony, the defense, as unpalatable as he was, raised questions that the defense couldn't answer.  Did she drown and then was she buried?  Or was her mouth taped shut and then drowned?  The defense had all the cirumstantial evidence to prove everything but the order of death.  However, if they had just gone with negligent manslaughter, you can win on either set of facts - either Casey negligently let her daughter drown because she wasn't paying attention or she killed her.

With the Trayvon Martin case, there was a question of whether it was in self defense - and no one knew definitively except Zimmerman.  I know people say it was a cut and dry case, but it wasn't.  While Zimmerman looked culpable in some regard, without any witness to testify as to the demeanor of Zimmerman during his alleged self-defense, the jury had to make the assumption that Zimmerman intended on killing Martin, a difficult fact to swallow with the evidence given.  Had the prosecution simply gone for manslaughter, you could easily make the argument that, even if it was self defense, the self-defense should not exceed the violence your defending and in a fight, you don't bludgeon your assailant to death in a fist fight.  You beat him until he gives up and call the cops.  I think any jury would have found Zimmerman guilty if that were the charges.

In this case, so many things lead to Hernandez being at bare minimum an accomplice - which carries the same penalty as if he had pulled the trigger himself.  There may be conflicting testimony, but there are a couple of facts that can easily get a juror to find without a reasonable doubt that Hernandez killed or helped kill Odin Lloyd.  It is hardly disputed that 3 guys went out into a secluded area, two came back alive and the other was found dead with a bullet in his back.  That's enoguh to already get me on the guilty track.  Then you throw in the rest that paint the rest of the story, there's testimony that a gunshot was heard, obstruction of evidence, evidence showing it was Hernandez's car taking the route to the secluded area, etc.  Unless some critical fact doesn't make it into trial, he's toast.

I could care less about the Patriot fans. I can't wait to see the teams report on this guy leak like it did with Manziel. It is hard to believe that the team was dupped... and chances are they knew of his off field issues. Of course, no one would have imagined murder... but chances are they were fully aware he had issues coming out of Florida. I mean he had already reportedly shot one guy in the face during an ARGUMENT. None the less, it is all about winning in some people eyes.

Well I mean come on.  Like you said, never could have imagined murder.  I don't mind when a team takes a chance on a guy with character issues, especially later in the draft like the Pats did.  The good thing about character issues si that they are always subject to change.  A guys potential is what his potential is.  It doesn't change.  Some guys potential is a career backup.  Other guys have pro bowl caliber potential, but the likelihood of reaching that potential is a long shot.  A guy's character is subject to change.  You cna have poor character issues at the time of the draft, but get counseling or surround yourself by a good supporting staff and never have any off the field issues, criminal, legal, or otherwise. 

So yeah, it is all about winning, and sometimes, putting a winning team together will involve some of these risks.  These are acceptable risk.  If everyone who has ever been in legal trouble for what Hernandez did while in college and forever refused a job afterward, the unemployment rate would reach astronomical levels.  So I don't think we should say "it's all about winning in some people's eyes" as if it is a bad thing when the risk you thought you were taking is exasperated by facts you couldn't possibly know at the time you drafted him.  When you draft a guy who has been in a few bar fights and busted for smoking pot, you assume the risk that he will get busted for fights and other less violent physical conforntations (i.e. domestic abuse such as hitting yoru wife) and getting put into the NFL's drug policy.  You don't assume the risk that those things leads to drafting a murder.  If that were the case, if someone could possibly know that, Hernandez would have never been drafted.

Really why did not Bill B and Robert K did not see the red flags in this punk turned murderer?

Hernandez's red flags were no worse then half the guys in the league. Pot smoking and some club scuffles. No one saw murderer. Had they, he would not have even been in the draft to begin with.

I almost forgot about Mustafah (Steve) Muhammad who was accused of beating his pregnant wife to death. He was never convicted of murder, but got off with a "domestic battery" plea and a suspended sentence, some community service and a counseling program.  If Marvin had been a better shot, or just a bit unlucky, he could have made the list too.  Seems he was trying to hit some guy in a car and was spraying bullets around that came close to some bystanders.  

In all honesty, i support Marvin and his actions. Those punks came there to rob and probably kill him. The man just busted a cap in them first. I guess Marvin speaks softly, but carries a big stick.

Too bad for you that the Manziel "leak" isn't actually from the Patriots.

As I watch this Bill Belichick conference again in light of new evidence presented this week with additional Hernandez murders on his rap sheet now, I have the utmost respect for how your organization handled this situation once the full scope of Hernandez's depravity & violence came to light. NE is a great franchise & I nothing but admiration for Robert Kraft & Bill Belichick. They are not responsible for this sick excuse for a human being nor could they have predicted that Aaron was capable of this ruthlessness either. 

Foxboro fans have nothing to be ashamed of here. You still have a premier football team, reside in a great historical colonial city, & the Patriot Way still carries tremendous weight with me just like it always does. Nothing has changed here in my eyes at all. 

I heard a guy on ESPN NFL LIve today that extreme talent often trumps red flag issues. "If Hannibal Lecktor ["Silence of the Lambs" film reference] could run a 4/4, GMs would still take him in a heartbeat & just claim that he had an eating disorder." That made me LOL because it is so true in the evaluation draft process. 

Most murderers are convicted on circumstantial evidence.

Yes, that is indeed true NCF, but without a murder weapon in the DA's back pocket regarding the murder of Odin  L. Lloyd, convictions are harder to achieve from a jury not impossible though I will admit. 

Without multiple witnesses or ballistics from the gun used that was never recovered, it's difficult to send someone to prison on circumstantial evidence alone. But, generally speaking I do agree with you  otherwise. 

Sure but no murder weapon and no witnesses. Will be tough to convict him for the murder of Odin. Seems as if there is even less evidence for the double homicide that they just indicted him on. We'll see how it plays out ...