Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

where is zach kerr?

CR91

We don't have 7 safeties to my knowledge and if we do right now to go into camp im estatic :thmup: Do Like Keon Lyn if healthy

There are 7 safeties listed on the roster page right now. 

I'm just saying, there are a lot of players that won't make the roster. The point is to add depth and competition, and hopefully develop some young players who can contribute later in the year.

I'm just saying, there are a lot of players that won't make the roster. The point is to add depth and competition, and hopefully develop some young players who can contribute later in the year.

Oh im in total agreement and some always get lost to injury as well,but my point was it would be terribly hard to make this team on the DL. or possibly even make the practice squad will be a tall order for a lot.Should be a very interesting camp.Not against the big boy being there at all the more the merrier :thmup: But wont lose sleep if hes not.

Oh im in total agreement and some always get lost to injury as well,but my point was it would be terribly hard to make this team on the DL. or possibly even make the practice squad will be a tall order for a lot.Should be a very interesting camp.Not against the big boy being there at all the more the merrier :thmup: But wont lose sleep if hes not.

I'd rather have Kerr than a couple other guys we have on the roster right now. But like you, I'm not stressing out over it.

Only a foolish person would refer to the acquisition of good football players as 'nonsense'.

Low risk, high reward basketball convert or a(nother) low risk, low reward udfa. Don't forget we've already signed 18 (?) Udfas as it is.

Your propensity to complain about fringe players and practice squad players is incredibly foolish. You kept beating the drum on Adongo last year and now you've already started on Swoope. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Low risk, high reward basketball convert or a(nother) low risk, low reward udfa. Don't forget we've already signed 18 (?) Udfas as it is.

Your propensity to complain about fringe players and practice squad players is incredibly foolish. You kept beating the drum on Adongo last year and now you've already started on Swoope. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Aw c'mon, how can you say 'high reward' basketball convert...he is a total unknown as a football player...he is more of a long shot than any UDFA that Grigs thinks is worth bringing in.

Simple solution is just to release Zurlon Tipton, He is to slow to make it as a Returner and dont have the vision to beat out any of our top 3 RB's from what  watched of him, Would have been much more productive from my outsider view, That spot should go to a Scat Back like Ben Malena, Jeff Scott, David Fluellen, Im hoping all three dont make the teams that picked them up so we have a shot to pick one up....Though I think Jeff Scott will be the only 1 let go

Aw c'mon, how can you say 'high reward' basketball convert...he is a total unknown as a football player...he is more of a long shot than any UDFA that Grigs thinks is worth bringing in.

They're all longshots. That's why they're udfas. If a guy who has never played organized football in his life is impressive enough to be signed to an NFL squad right out of college, it's safe to say the coaching staff sees potential in him. It's also safe to say he's a higher reward than most udfa players that you have tons of college tape on so you can see why they went undrafted (hint:they're not that good).

Will this Swoope thing work out? It's a long shot, but so is any UDFA signing. The upside of a smart, insanely athletic basketball freak is worth the risk of missing out on one UDFA (we still signed 17 others and almost all will get cut!) and I like the TE products that basketball has produced of late.

But my main point, as I've repeated, is it's just dumb to get upset over these bottom of the roster signing. It's safe to say they know better than you or I do about these players that we probably have never seen play.

Posted · Hidden by 21isSuperman, May 16, 2014 - response to hidden post
Hidden by 21isSuperman, May 16, 2014 - response to hidden post

This dude would do anything for a like or pat on the back. SERIOUSLY SAD. :facepalm:

This thread is already obnoxious enough, don't start with that junk too.

This dude would do anything for a like or pat on the back. SERIOUSLY SAD. :facepalm:

You've been on a mad streak ever since we didn't take Dowling! haha I wanted Ladler! Let's just all be a happy forum family and stay on football topics! ;)

Burlsworth would be disappointed in you.

I do not, nor never spoke for Brandon. These are my own words. Please don't attach my viewpoints with Brandon.

You've been on a mad streak ever since we didn't take Dowling! haha I wanted Ladler! Let's just all be a happy forum family and stay on football topics! ;)

Not why i was upset, even though we made a mistake.

They're all longshots. That's why they're udfas. If a guy who has never played organized football in his life is impressive enough to be signed to an NFL squad right out of college, it's safe to say the coaching staff sees potential in him. It's also safe to say he's a higher reward than most udfa players that you have tons of college tape on so you can see why they went undrafted (hint:they're not that good).

Will this Swoope thing work out? It's a long shot, but so is any UDFA signing. The upside of a smart, insanely athletic basketball freak is worth the risk of missing out on one UDFA (we still signed 17 others and almost all will get cut!) and I like the TE products that basketball has produced of late.

But my main point, as I've repeated, is it's just dumb to get upset over these bottom of the roster signing. It's safe to say they know better than you or I do about these players that we probably have never seen play.

"It's also safe to say he's a higher reward than most udfa players that you have tons of college tape on so you can see why they went undrafted (hint:they're not that good)."

Thats not even close to being true

"It's also safe to say he's a higher reward than most udfa players that you have tons of college tape on so you can see why they went undrafted (hint:they're not that good)."

Thats not even close to being true

Not in all cases but for the most part, I believe it is true. Why else would you sign a basketball player who has never played the game? The Colts aren't taking on a project like that hoping for the next Wesley Saunders.

Not in all cases but for the most part, I believe it is. Why else would you sign a basketball player who has never played the game?

Outstanding measurables in hopes that they somehow translate onto the football field...Just because a GM is willing to take a chance on a former basketball player over a football player who went undrafted dont mean the kid that went undrafted cant play, Still if it comes down to some small school kid who put up good or even great #'s at his position and you have for example some basketball player looking to convert to football and you had to choose one or the other then its a no brainer ya go with the small school football player

Outstanding measurables in hopes that they somehow translate onto the football field...Just because a GM is willing to take a chance on a former basketball player over a football player who went undrafted dont mean the kid that went undrafted cant play, Still if it comes down to some small school kid who put up good or even great #'s at his position and you have for example some basketball player looking to convert to football and you had to choose one or the other then its a no brainer ya go with the small school football player

In a vacuum, sure you do. But, the story on Swoope is that the Broncos contacted him and asked him if he wanted to try football. The NFL came to him, not vice versa. That says something to me.

It's a long shot as I said, but I believe his potential is higher than most UDFAs for sure.

In a vacuum, sure you do. But, the story on Swoope is that the Broncos contacted him and asked him if he wanted to try football. The NFL came to him, not vice versa. That says something to me.

It's a long shot as I said, but I believe his potential is higher than most UDFAs for sure.

It very well could be as far as undrafted TE's go.....Though if it weren't for A.C. Leonard having character issues I like him alot