Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Official Re-Sign Darius Butler Thread

BlueShoe

Yes we should give him a long term deal with out question!

I'm not sold on L.L. and G.T. at all. They still need to prove they can stay healthy and perform at a higher level.

I think G.T. can play good football,but needs to stay healthy.

L.L. did not impress me for the amount of money he was payed?

if G.T. misses games this year with an injury (which judging by his injury history is more than likely) he will be cut, at least he should get cut, without any hit on the dead cap space..

L.L. on the other hand,  well, we're stuck with him for at least 2 more seasons..

If this front office made choices about their roster and contracts based on reading this board, I would give up my following of the Colts forever.

Thankfully, that isn't going to happen.

I cannot disagree with you on that. However, it doesn't hurt to show the front office that a particular player has overwhelming support from the fans.

If the front office reads this that would be awesome, but what i wonder is what if Mathis is telling other players to read the forum and maybe Butler is reading this right now. lol if he is not someone should tweet him or something.

It would be very cool for Butler to see how much support he has from the fans, and how much we appreciate his efforts on the field. Makes me wonder if he has been told about this thread.

2014 - 28

2015 - 29

2016 - 30

2017 - 31

2018 - 32

No thanks.  If he's willing to take a short contract then give him a short contract.  The Colt's have to look out for the Colts.  And short contracts benefit the Colts as long as the player is willing to sign them.  

amen , short contracts they turn 28 and over. smarts move a football team.