Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Mock Draft (With Trade)

1st overall- Indy trades with Miami for their 2nd overall, 2012 2nd round pick, 2013 1st round pick, and CB Vontae Davis.

(We make this trade because Manning makes a full recovery and looks like he will play another 3-4 years.

2nd overall(via trade)- LT Matt Kalil (Gives us a VERY talented and young OL with Kalil at LT, Costanzo at RT, and Ijalana at OG. Peyton would be thrilled with this pick giving him so much talent on the OL.

-I would take WR Justin Blackmon but I feel 2nd overall is a little high for him.

2nd round- NT Dontari Poe or NT Brandon Thompson

2nd round(via trade)- SS Mark Barron (Our secondary looks SO much better with Vontae Davis and Barron in the mix)

3rd round- WR Kendall Wright

4th round- OLB Sean Spence

5th round- Best DE available

6th round- Best CB available

7th round- Best player available

2013 Draft...

We now have an extra 1st round pick to get a QB to learn under Peyton for a year or 2.

I like the Kalil pick i dont care what anyone says, he can play LT move Costanzo to RT and Ijalana to RG, we upgrade three positions with this pick

polian already said lialana is not a guard. you cant just take players and plug them all around the line and expect it to work

If the Colts are picking #2 you have to take Kalil, I don't care what they spent their first two picks on last year, you build a team from inside out. Clearly solidifying the line for Peyton should be the top priority.

@Superbowlorbust- In my post "If you were the GM" I suggested Vonte Davis as well. I also said get Jake Long, protecting Manning has to be the number one priority if he is healthy and able to play.

Look at my thread and post what you would do. But I agree if you are at number two after the trade with Miami the best player on the board is Matt Kalil, anyone else there might be a reach.

if we do pick number 2 which i highly doubt the colts would skip on the chance of drafting luck, id prefer justin blackmon

Well in my thread if you were the GM, I am proposing getting Vonte Davis and Jake Long in addition to the draft picks, with the hype of Luck, obviously I am advocating get as much as you can for Luck, would you be opposed to bringing Jake Long over to play LT, which is going to push Castonzo to RT, and Ijalana inside? In this scenario with Long coming over, then I would agree Blackmon, Jeffrey, or Trent Richardson, I think with that new line I would lean to Trent Richardson personally.

Well in my thread if you were the GM, I am proposing getting Vonte Davis and Jake Long in addition to the draft picks, with the hype of Luck, obviously I am advocating get as much as you can for Luck, would you be opposed to bringing Jake Long over to play LT, which is going to push Castonzo to RT, and Ijalana inside? In this scenario with Long coming over, then I would agree Blackmon, Jeffrey, or Trent Richardson, I think with that new line I would lean to Trent Richardson personally.

we dont need another rb and theres no way the fins would bring a rookie qb with no LT

I like the Kalil pick i dont care what anyone says, he can play LT move Costanzo to RT and Ijalana to RG, we upgrade three positions with this pick

That's the problem...there is no way of knowing that moving Ijalana to OG would be an upgrade. If he were not on IR then we could play mix and match throughout the rest of the season to see which position he's the best fit for, but there's no way they draft an OT in the top 5 without knowing for certain that Ijalana could make the move.

I agree that most players in positions that we need would be a reach at #2 so why not look to trade down again? There are several teams that are going to be looking for their franchise LT and Kalil could be that for them. There are also several teams looking for QBs and only one gets Luck, so I see no way another team wouldn't be willing to move up to make sure they get either Barkley or Jones. Then we move back to the 5-10 spot. You still want to solidify the OL? Fine, then we can draft David DeCastro...a guy who has started for 2+ seasons at OG. If you want to consider moving IJalana to OG then instead we could draft Cordy Glenn. In his ~4 years starting at Georgia he has played LG, RG and LT. He is a guy who has played both positions in college and excelled at both, whereas Ijalana, according to what I've been able to find, played exclusively at LT at Villanova.

You say this like a kid plugging his ears when he's wrong.

Kalil pick won't happen in a million years. It's not logical, it doesn't make sense given our needs, and Ijalana is not a guard. He was drafted to play tackle, he's played tackle for most of his life, and he was backing up our tackles, not our guards.

Just because Madden allows this, doesn't mean it's feasible in real life.

Castonzo is a phenomenal LT, so moving him makes NO sense whatsoever. Ijalana will be the other bookend, so moving him makes no sense. This shuffle would downgrade our line as people are forced to learn a new position to make way for a rookie.

Not.

Happening.

1st overall- Indy trades with Miami for their 2nd overall, 2012 2nd round pick, 2013 1st round pick, and CB Vontae Davis.

(We make this trade because Manning makes a full recovery and looks like he will play another 3-4 years.

2nd overall(via trade)- LT Matt Kalil (Gives us a VERY talented and young OL with Kalil at LT, Costanzo at RT, and Ijalana at OG. Peyton would be thrilled with this pick giving him so much talent on the OL.

-I would take WR Justin Blackmon but I feel 2nd overall is a little high for him.

2nd round- NT Dontari Poe or NT Brandon Thompson

2nd round(via trade)- SS Mark Barron (Our secondary looks SO much better with Vontae Davis and Barron in the mix)

3rd round- WR Kendall Wright

4th round- OLB Sean Spence

5th round- Best DE available

6th round- Best CB available

7th round- Best player available

2013 Draft...

We now have an extra 1st round pick to get a QB to learn under Peyton for a year or 2.

If we are going to trade the #1 pick. You might as well try to at least get what the value is worth. The only way i would trade the #1 pick is if you can draft an entirely new defense. Another LT is a waste of a pick at #2, not reaping the value of the pick... if we are going to squander the #1 pick, at least pick up superbowl contenders for Peyton's last 2 years, ALL IN style. and then rebuild for the next 10 years.