Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Polian's Comments About Caldwell [Merge]

MTC

Merge

What do people expect Bill to say? "Yeah, Caldwell is a terrible coach and we are going to fire him before next season". No one in their right mind would say that. Personally, I wish the Colts would stay more quiet. I don't like the Irsay tweeting stuff and these comments that Polian makes that our coaching staff is good. Just say nothing

I don't expect him to bash Caldwell,but to say he is doing a great job is the talk of a person who has gone mad.

Polian's comments mean nothing. As pointed out, it is GM speak and he is not trying to humiliate Caldwell as he watches him twist in the wind. He knows the search for a new coach needs to be thorough and extensive and the right replacement, most likely, has a job elsewhere at this time so he just needs to try to put lipstick on a pig and hope the team can salvage a win or two.

Why do I say this? because I think ( no, I know ) Polian isn't this stupid, and know he isn't insane or senile. But also, if you read his comments in thePolian Corners, they have " the problem is coaching" written all over them. When he continuously says " the problem is poor technique" and "we are getting beat the same way over and over again" ( big time paraphrasing there) there is no other way to interpret that than concluding that he is not happy with the coaching staff.

Polian's comments mean nothing. As pointed out, it is GM speak and he is not trying to humiliate Caldwell as he watches him twist in the wind. He knows the search for a new coach needs to be thorough and extensive and the right replacement, most likely, has a job elsewhere at this time so he just needs to try to put lipstick on a pig and hope the team can salvage a win or two.

Why do I say this? because I think ( no, I know ) Polian isn't this stupid, and know he isn't insane or senile. But also, if you read his comments in thePolian Corners, they have " the problem is coaching" written all over them. When he continuously says " the problem is poor technique" and "we are getting beat the same way over and over again" ( big time paraphrasing there) there is no other way to interpret that than concluding that he is not happy with the coaching staff.

A good CEO etc doesn't hint, he fires the bum. It's all an ego cover up. Absolutely pathetic.

Ummmm Bill the Pats went 11-5 without Brady.

The problem is this team is to reliant on Manning and Polian freely admitted that Manning is the only one that can run this offense right. He has freely admitted that our defense has been designed to play with a lead that Manning gets. To say our team is to reliant on Manning is an understatement.

This was after saying that Collins would be able to pick up the offense quickly enough to make a marked improvement because he's an "old pro" and has seen every offense there is. *eyeroll*

I'm sort of on the fence regarding BP, but I am starting to believe he's lost a few marbles.

This just in. Polian praises the Washington Generals staff and players. Polian was quoted as saying "That's one fine basketball team, with great coaching and tough minded players that will fight you to the end". When informed the Generals have lost 383 consecutive games to the Harlem Globetrotters, Polian said "it a tough business and that head coach has done a great job in keeping the team together and anyone who disagrees is like a bunch of rats running around in a sewer."

Polian was then taken in for a mental exam and admitted as an in-patient at City Hospital. We'll keep you up to date on his status.

+1, this is excellent.

A good CEO etc doesn't hint, he fires the bum. It's all an ego cover up. Absolutely pathetic.

Oh, I think "good CEO's" hint quite often, when it is apropriate. As mentioned many times, ( which doesn't make it true) the time isn't right to "fire the bumb"

As far as the ego cover up goes, you don't know that, I don't know that. It's just more anti Polian ranting that, for some reason, seems to make people feel good.

Polian is a disgrace. Hey my coach is awful because the talent that I have signed is beyond awful. Remember all those years that one guy goes down and suddenly we are beyond awful on that side of the ball. Good teams have depth. GM's sign player, coaches coach them and its as simple as that. Hey and as my team struggles ill post snide little comments not directly bashing them but insinuating that its the coaches fault relinquishing all responsibility that I have. Give Caldwell some talent and we will be right back into the promise land. Fire Polian, keep Caldwell, Trade #1 acquiring some teams whole board, and draft RG3.

Oh, I think "good CEO's" hint quite often, when it is apropriate. As mentioned many times, ( which doesn't make it true) the time isn't right to "fire the bumb"

As far as the ego cover up goes, you don't know that, I don't know that. It's just more anti Polian ranting that, for some reason, seems to make people feel good.

I can assure you, I would much rather be posting how good our FO is, as we silt atop our division. I doesn't make me feel good at all. It's funny that you are happy to support Polian, and I and others get smacked for having a different view. Keeping any incompetent employee in any role, irrespective of the timing is ludicrous.

Polian hedged his comments about Caldwell by citing how well he has done handling injuries! Only problem I have with that is if you look at all the teams in the NFL the average at this time of the year of people on IR is 8-10. The exception this year is the packers with only 4 on IR. Maybe we should hire their strength and conditioning coaches! (And their head coach)

Good CEO's have backup plans for their backup plans. Polian is not a good CEO, and nothing more then a tool for posting such nonsense. I think its a disgrace how we only have 1 championship for all of those years of Peyton at his peak. How bad was our D all of those years? Every year we all saw it coming... any team with a half decent offense would run up and down the field on us as we lost due to Peyton the great not being able to score on every possession. Lucky for us that the year we won it we got to face the Bears who had no offense. Hey look at an article on Yahoo sports"

Bill Polian Doesn’t Think Colts Relied Too Heavily on Peyton Manning."

is this a Joke?

I can assure you, I would much rather be posting how good our FO is, as we silt atop our division. I doesn't make me feel good at all. It's funny that you are happy to support Polian, and I and others get smacked for having a different view. Keeping any incompetent employee in any role, irrespective of the timing is ludicrous.

I will give you the benifit of the doubt that you are enough of a Colt fan that you would rather have the team on Top of the division, but the glee that you and many of the others SEEM to be getting out of kicking Polian when he is down is a bit disconcerting and, at times, ( not necessarily in your case, but in many of the Johny come latelies) down right moronic.

You may feel that you are getting smacked for having the view you have and maybe, at times, you are, but that certainly goes both ways. Those of us who are defending Polian ( where it is appropriate) are definitely in the minority at this point.

As far as keeping incompetent employees around, I would agree. But, as hard as it is for me to defend Caldwell, at this point, the term incompetentwould not be accurate. If the front office thought he was doing long term damage they would get rid of him immediately. But despite your feelings for him, Polian is anything but incompetent. Even if his ego and pride are getting in the way ( happens to the best of us) he is not that dumb/arrogant/delusional/senile etc. that people are simple mindedly accusing him of, that he would let Caldwell destroy the future just to cover his but.

At this point, it is all about preparing for next year. Bringing in the wrong person to be interem coach may or MAY NOT make sense, but the it certainly doesn't just so we can watch "heads role".

I will give you the benifit of the doubt that you are enough of a Colt fan that you would rather have the team on Top of the division, but the glee that you and many of the others SEEM to be getting out of kicking Polian when he is down is a bit disconcerting and, at times, ( not necessarily in your case, but in many of the Johny come latelies) down right moronic.

You may feel that you are getting smacked for having the view you have and maybe, at times, you are, but that certainly goes both ways. Those of us who are defending Polian ( where it is appropriate) are definitely in the minority at this point.

As far as keeping incompetent employees around, I would agree. But, as hard as it is for me to defend Caldwell, at this point, the term incompetentwould not be accurate. If the front office thought he was doing long term damage they would get rid of him immediately. But despite your feelings for him, Polian is anything but incompetent. Even if his ego and pride are getting in the way ( happens to the best of us) he is not that dumb/arrogant/delusional/senile etc. that people are simple mindedly accusing him of, that he would let Caldwell destroy the future just to cover his but.

At this point, it is all about preparing for next year. Bringing in the wrong person to be interem coach may or MAY NOT make sense, but the it certainly doesn't just so we can watch "heads role".

Why do you feel the need to try to quantify people with a different opinion of Polian's effectiveness as "johny come latelies"? Why can't you label it as simply a difference of opinion. It's just as bad to mindlessly follow someone as any other vice. We all have the ability for independent thought and can come to our own conclusions on an issue or individual. As I and othesr have said before when confronted with the what is a true Colts fan police is "You don't know what is a "true" Colts fan. You really don't know. You think you know, but you don't know. And you never will."

Why do you feel the need to try to quantify people with a different opinion of Polian's effectiveness as "johny come latelies"? Why can't you label it as simply a difference of opinion. It's just as bad to mindlessly follow someone as any other vice. We all have the ability for independent thought and can come to our own conclusions on an issue or individual. As I and othesr have said before when confronted with the what is a true Colts fan police is "You don't know what is a "true" Colts fan. You really don't know. You think you know, but you don't know. And you never will."

Why do you feel the need to try to quantify people with a different opinion of Polian's effectiveness as "johny come latelies"?

- Because many are.

Why can't you label it as simply a difference of opinion.

I can.

It's just as bad to mindlessly follow someone as any other vice.

I'll assume you are criticizing me for "mindlessly follwong someone" Why can't you just lable it as simply a difference of opinion?

We all have the ability for independent thought and can come to our own conclusions on an issue or individual.

- Um, yes that is true. Well, except for those who "mindlessly follow people" of course.

As I and othes have said before when confronted with the what is a true Colts fan police is "You don't know what is a "true" Colts fan. You really don't know. You think you know, but you don't know. And you never will."

Nice rant, but I'm not sure what it has to do with anything.