Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Polian's Comments About Caldwell [Merge]

MTC

Sorry if anyone has already posted this article but I was just reading it on NFL.com & these were Polian words...

"I think he's done a better job than he did in the Super Bowl year."

-- Colts GM Bill Polian, on head coach Jim Caldwell.

After I read that I just stop reading!! Seeing that makes me believe we just might go 0-16..

It's incredible how just any joe fan has been given the ability to write stuff. I am sure the writer of said piece has a very strong background in NFL mag't and such....

What about the direct quote --"I think he's done a better job than he did in the Super Bowl year," Polian said-- has anything to do with the author? On Nfl.com no less.

What about the direct quote --"I think he's done a better job than he did in the Super Bowl year," Polian said-- has anything to do with the author? On Nfl.com no less.

It's called GM speak, it's kinda like you don't bash your employees to others. Again, if you listen to what Bill says in the press and believe any of it you really need to take a wake up pill.

"That's like saying New England is too reliant on Tom Brady," Polian said. "You rely on your stars. There's no credence to that theory."

Ummmm Bill the Pats went 11-5 without Brady.

The problem is this team is to reliant on Manning and Polian freely admitted that Manning is the only one that can run this offense right. He has freely admitted that our defense has been designed to play with a lead that Manning gets. To say our team is to reliant on Manning is an understatement.

This team went from a playoff team to a team that is on the verge of winning no more then three games.

1) Polian's responsibility is to support the coach publicly, you have absolutely no idea what his complete evaluation of Caldwell is.

2) Caldwell's job this year is incredibly difficult compared to a normal season. Regardless of what you think of his decision making, the fact that all signs indicate that the team is still behind him and trying desperately to win reflect well on him. It isn't hard to keep a team focused when you are going undefeated. Many organizations would have had malcontents ripping the team apart from the inside long before this point.

But I must admire the efficiency of combining distain for Polian and Caldwell into one post. You "prove" one incompetent by virtue of the fact that he supports the other - wow. I suppose that Caldwell is also incompetent by virtue of the fact that he is willing to work for Polian.

Posted by: qbexpert on nfl.com... (((Is Polian serious? this is the worst coached team in the NFL, and their performance would invite that. It is not simply that they are losing, but the way they are losing. I realize Peyton Manning covered a multitude of sins, but this is simply unnacceptable. The Pats won 11 games in 2008 without Brady; Is Manning that much more valuable than Brady. Maybe, but take a look at Caldwell on the sidelines and listen after games. He looks and sounds clueless. Do you think Belichick, or Tomlin, or McCarthy or Harbaugh (Jim or John) would be winless with this team? Caldwell appears to be a very decent and good fellow, but he is in over his head.))) && I agree 100%

It's called GM speak, it's kinda like you don't bash your employees to others. Again, if you listen to what Bill says in the press and believe any of it you really need to take a wake up pill.

Its easy not to bash employees, you simply don't discuss the topic or engage it. Bill is going out of his way to show everyone he supports Caldwell, which I personally have a problem with. And we all know your opinion on the matter.

Well i dont think you would get any complaints from saying that... but he's not the one in charge its his son and despite the colts record i like what chris did on defense bringing in veterans from FA.. hopefully thats a trend.

If Bill's not in charge anymore than he needs to shut up and let Chris run the show and talk on behalf of team.

Its easy not to bash employees, you simply don't discuss the topic or engage it. Bill is going out of his way to show everyone he supports Caldwell, which I personally have a problem with. And we all know your opinion on the matter.

Agreed,

Absolutely obscured view of the last two years Mr. Polian. Leave the colts now before you are committed to an insane asylum.. remarks like that will only fasten your route to a straight jacket. ;)

Only jacket Bill will be putting on is that horrible yellow I believe they give to HOF members.... :nfl:

Bill Polian has actually wasted more HOF QB records than anybody else. His yellow jacket should be one of cowardice when quitting on the perfect season.

Wow still beating that ole dead horse...I would think by now you could have/should have moved on....let it go..it's no big deal.

If Bill's not in charge anymore than he needs to shut up and let Chris run the show and talk on behalf of team.

Well it is called the bill polian show so he can pretty much say what he wants.... dont mean his son agrees with him. Im sure as time goes by Chris will become more vocal

1) Polian's responsibility is to support the coach publicly, you have absolutely no idea what his complete evaluation of Caldwell is.

2) Caldwell's job this year is incredibly difficult compared to a normal season. Regardless of what you think of his decision making, the fact that all signs indicate that the team is still behind him and trying desperately to win reflect well on him. It isn't hard to keep a team focused when you are going undefeated. Many organizations would have had malcontents ripping the team apart from the inside long before this point.

But I must admire the efficiency of combining distain for Polian and Caldwell into one post. You "prove" one incompetent by virtue of the fact that he supports the other - wow. I suppose that Caldwell is also incompetent by virtue of the fact that he is willing to work for Polian.

I wish Polian would just shut up and go hide behind his typewriter and abacus. Caldwell "works" for Polian because Polian is the only GM crazy enough to think Polian is NFL head coach material.

Merge

What do people expect Bill to say? "Yeah, Caldwell is a terrible coach and we are going to fire him before next season". No one in their right mind would say that. Personally, I wish the Colts would stay more quiet. I don't like the Irsay tweeting stuff and these comments that Polian makes that our coaching staff is good. Just say nothing

Merge

What do people expect Bill to say? "Yeah, Caldwell is a terrible coach and we are going to fire him before next season". No one in their right mind would say that. Personally, I wish the Colts would stay more quiet. I don't like the Irsay tweeting stuff and these comments that Polian makes that our coaching staff is good. Just say nothing

I expect him to shut his mouth when being asked about the coaching staff! The fact that he continues to praise Caldwells accomplishements as HC vocally when our record as well as his ingame coaching tells a very different tale, just adds fuel to the increasing critique of the FO

Not one person with a decent grasp of team sport could possibly think Caldwell is doing a good job. Have you been watching this team? I cant blame Polian for backing his man, he picked him after all, so he's not going to admit he made a huge stinking boob by employing him, although his performances speak for themselves.

This just in. Polian praises the Washington Generals staff and players. Polian was quoted as saying "That's one fine basketball team, with great coaching and tough minded players that will fight you to the end". When informed the Generals have lost 383 consecutive games to the Harlem Globetrotters, Polian said "it a tough business and that head coach has done a great job in keeping the team together and anyone who disagrees is like a bunch of rats running around in a sewer."

Polian was then taken in for a mental exam and admitted as an in-patient at City Hospital. We'll keep you up to date on his status.

This just in. Polian praises the Washington Generals staff and players. Polian was quoted as saying "That's one fine basketball team, with great coaching and tough minded players that will fight you to the end". When informed the Generals have lost 383 consecutive games to the Harlem Globetrotters, Polian said "it a tough business and that head coach has done a great job in keeping the team together and anyone who disagrees is like a bunch of rats running around in a sewer."

Polian was then taken in for a mental exam and admitted as an in-patient at City Hospital. We'll keep you up to date on his status.

hahaha!funny stuff

Not one person with a decent grasp of team sport could possibly think Caldwell is doing a good job. Have you been watching this team? I cant blame Polian for backing his man, he picked him after all, so he's not going to admit he made a huge stinking boob by employing him, although his performances speak for themselves.

Is there any particular reason that you now follow me from thread to thread, misinterpret my comments, and insult me? Perhaps I should take it as a compliment, but it gets a bit tiresome. Once again, thanks for the invitation, but I'm not interested. Clearly an utter waste of time.