141 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Colts draft pick

• Jack Mewhort
    • Donte Moncrief
    • Jonathan Newsome
    • Andrew Jackson
    • Ulrick John
    • Didn't like any of them

Who was everyone's favorite pick in the draft? Honestly, I was with content every pick except the Ulrick John in the 7th round, as I would have preferred Ahmad Dixon. Anyway, Jack Mewhort will be a very good player in the future IMO, Donte Moncrief will also be a future #1 IMO, I think we will have a nasty WR duo for the future in Hilton and Moncrief. Jonathan Newsome is an athletic OLB who can rush the passer, and I think he can develop into a very good player, and Andrew Jackson is also a future starter IMO. So who is everyone's favorite pick?

I was so happy when marvin said jack mewhort I actually about the beginning of march said that the colts really need to take this guy with their second pick and everyone that posted laughed at me looks like grigson didn't great great great pick

I was so happy when marvin said jack mewhort I actually about the beginning of march said that the colts really need to take this guy with their second pick and everyone that posted laughed at me looks like grigson didn't great great great pick

I was happy just to hear Marvin say anything!! :goodluck:

I went with Mewhowt because I think he provides the most help this year but I think Moncrief will be the name everyone remembers from this draft, I also think Newman could end up being a great pick. I like Jackson too saw him while looking at Dowling. I am not as unhappy with the way things went as a lot of people seem to be. I wish we would have gone with Dowling or Mitchell in the 7th find it hard to believe we could not have got Ulrick as an UDFA but Grigs is the man.  

We need O Line help so no complaints. He can apparently play across the line. Until Grigs get's it fixed I won't be complaining about bringing in O Lineman.

There aren't many good options to choose from but Moncrief was the only great pick, Jackson was good from the round we got him. The others i thought were major reaches and we didn't address the depth at S and CB. This is the 1st year that i think we had the worst draft out of all the 32 teams, no playmakers or impact players. The team needed defense in early rounds in Grigson completely ignored it.

Andrew Jackson

6' 255lb hard hitting MLB, that happens to be from Ray Lewis' high school.

I wonder if Ray told Pagano and Grigson about this guy.

For some reason I can't fathom Lewis telling Pagano or Grigson anything positive for the Colts. After all he is an ex Raven and has made it known he don't care for the Colts. I could be wrong but it's just my take.

There aren't many good options to choose from but Moncrief was the only great pick, Jackson was good from the round we got him. The others i thought were major reaches and we didn't address the depth at S and CB. This is the 1st year that i think we had the worst draft out of all the 32 teams, no playmakers or impact players. The team needed defense in early rounds in Grigson completely ignored it.

So when Grigson still gets a safety will you be happy?

Favorite CFA so far has to be Zach Kerr DT out of Delaware watched his combine tape just reading up on him I think he has great potential to make the 53 back up chapman or even start if chap's knee can't hold up love getting a big NT I look at him almost as a 5th or 6th round steal this year we get a good safety and corner (haven't done my research on the CFA's we picked up at those positions but I will) I think we have a decent draft not glamorous but good

I like Mewhort. Many of you guys were screaming at Grigson to get Andrew some help, now you hate this pick because you don't know the guy and you would rather draft someone you see high up on mock drafts or talked about in the media.

I like Mewhort. Many of you guys were screaming at Grigson to get Andrew some help, now you hate this pick because you don't know the guy and you would rather draft someone you see high up on mock drafts or talked about in the media.

Anyone who remotely followed the draft knew who Mewhort is. I think the problem people have with the pick is that he is probably going to be a backup for a few years.

Who was everyone's favorite pick in the draft? Honestly, I was with content every pick except the Ulrick John in the 7th round, as I would have preferred Ahmad Dixon. Anyway, Jack Mewhort will be a very good player in the future IMO, Donte Moncrief will also be a future #1 IMO, I think we will have a nasty WR duo for the future in Hilton and Moncrief. Jonathan Newsome is an athletic OLB who can rush the passer, and I think he can develop into a very good player, and Andrew Jackson is also a future starter IMO. So who is everyone's favorite pick?

Right with you on the overall draft.

U John we should expect, is Hopefully on the practice squad with a full camp and pre-season behind him.

Right now Reitz is our backup LT who unfortunately has an injury history. i doubt if he is here after this season.

I had high hopes for X Nixon, who projected well into the NFL even as a LT. The Fire has been lit on him because of Mewhort as our " Missing LINK type lmao"  4 position player. The coaches have the info.

They must like something about John and he could see the active squad with a couple injuries.

The readup on Dixon on CBS has a longer weakness than Strengths. Not a cover guy so Not a Fit, and sounds like he lacks an above average FB IQ.  And....more. Love his size and speed though. He probably won`t make a 53 man roster and would be available from the practice squad. JMO of course.

I like the Jackson pick well enough, as Harvey is a Roster waste as a LB`er (Muamba), and Sheppard needs some competition.

Sure liked the bit of tape on Newsome. He could be developed into a quality depth guy and.... more.

I wish Mewhort was built thicker on the downside and shorter. he really isn`t a Center prospect and his build limits his effectiveness as a guard. A Solid pick tho, long term, the GM has to plan 2-3 years ahead.

In that vein i bet the Draft Room was Excited to get Moncrief. He has a very high ceiling and provides serious deep speed.

If he And Rogers develope, My My My!