Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

#BringBobBack

Zach Kerr NT Delaware (CFA for the Colts)

I love the fact he turned down the broncos

CB Qua Cox is the UDFA to watch flat out beast and held his own at the Senior Bowl. Real aggressive man 2 man corner. He is the UDFA I would pick to make the roster

CB Qua Cox is the UDFA to watch flat out beast and held his own at the Senior Bowl. Real aggressive man 2 man corner. He is the UDFA I would pick to make the roster

I like that dudes chances a lot.  I also think the Safety Dewey Mcdonald looks like a real good prospect too.

Mcdonald seems to be a an exact fit for what we do. Good size, great speed and physical! Looks like a taller

version of Bethea. Seems to have some skills.....

Was watching some highlights of him, he definitely looks talented out there (yes, highlights do that, but every play he was on that guys hip in great position)... very interested to see how he does

Was watching some highlights of him, he definitely looks talented out there (yes, highlights do that, but every play he was on that guys hip in great position)... very interested to see how he does

love this guy's potential and love the Carlton lmao

We better hope we nail some of these U.D.F.A. nobodies.

I agree and I think we nailed one just need a promising safety not gonna lie I was praying to get dowling in the 7th or Ladler but not one grigs is a mystery sometimes

I agree and I think we nailed one just need a promising safety not gonna lie I was praying to get dowling in the 7th or Ladler but not one grigs is a mystery sometimes

Kerr is a solid back-up and he'll make the team, but i'm more interested in Thomas and McDonald! I think Dewey NAILS IT AND COMES THROUGH! We are bleeding, and i have faith DEWEY can do it!

Kerr could help the DL rotation

I like him rotating with Chap at NT like taking franklin's spot on the roster maybe? I like the potential we have at the position NT seems to me to be the most important spot on the 3-4 front because they have to be the big blocker that can take the double teams I like this guy good move by grigson

I like him rotating with Chap at NT like taking franklin's spot on the roster maybe? I like the potential we have at the position NT seems to me to be the most important spot on the 3-4 front because they have to be the big blocker that can take the double teams I like this guy good move by grigson

He could force Pendleton off the roster

I think Kerr can play 3 Tech and 1 Tech and 0 Tech, as well as 2 and 4....Maybe some 5 Tech, Just sticking him at 0 Tech and telling him to hold his ground would be a waste of his quickness for his size  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfEXSAOcypI

nice highlight tape find he played really well and showed great quickness but i'm interested to see what he can do at the pro level I almost consider him a 6th draft pick for us and a very solid one at that

He could force Pendleton off the roster

I do like Pendleton and thought his story was great think we have a good bunch of defensive linemen as a whole i'm excited about seeing what we can do this year

I do like Pendleton and thought his story was great think we have a good bunch of defensive linemen as a whole i'm excited about seeing what we can do this year

I really like Pendleton but with the addition of Jones and the possibility of keeping Kerr and others he might be the odd man out

I really like Pendleton but with the addition of Jones and the possibility of keeping Kerr and others he might be the odd man out

guess let the best guy at camp win I'm excited about the NT position no doubt love competition

guess let the best guy at camp win I'm excited about the NT position no doubt love competition

It should be a wild TC

Solid player but i don't think he's the answer at NT, neither is Chapman and Pendleton. Grigson is going to regret letting the Texans draft Nix when we could have had him, he's going to be really good.

Solid player but i don't think he's the answer at NT, neither is Chapman and Pendleton. Grigson is going to regret letting the Texans draft Nix when we could have had him, he's going to be really good.

He is a walking injury concern who is massively overrated

Montori Hughes has the leg up for Franklin's old spot. He played well at NT against ST. Louis but didn't offer much as a 3 tech this year. That's probably why he is 349lbs now

Nix is the best NT in this draft and 2x the player Mewhort is. He would have been a huge upgrade over Chapman and Pendleton. The Texans obviously didn't see him overrated they traded up to get him. You'll see how good he is when we can't run up the middle vs the Texans or Luck is on his back, we play them 2x a year. Luck will be running for his life even more now when we play the Texans. Clowney on one side, Watt on the other, and Nix up the middle.

He is a walking injury concern who is massively overrated

I think you're way underestimating chapman

I'm not, Chapman gets pushed back at the line of scrimmage more then a NT should and he has no pass rushing ability. Most of Alabama players are bust, they don't translate well to the league. Lacy and Julio was good and i do think Mosley will be because Ngata is great, but most of Alabama players aren't good.

I think you're way underestimating chapman

I'm not, Chapman gets pushed back at the line of scrimmage more then a NT should and he has no pass rushing ability. Most of Alabama players are bust, they don't translate well to the league. Lacy and Julio was good and i do think Mosley will be because Ngata is great, but most of Alabama players aren't good.

Nevermind read it wrong

I know i didn't say he was from Alabama, just that he was a great player. He'll take on double teams making it easier for Mosley.

Nevermind read it wrong

Looks like he might make the PS. Chap is the NT, and we only need one active on game day since it is a 2 down position, but we need a PS NT to move up in case of injury.

I'd say if he shows some versatility he might push out a vet next year, if he makes it out of TC this year.

I think nix is a great talent but I would focus more on the talent we do have and the potential with it as opposed to whining about who we didn't let's hope that grigson made the right decision with our picks and look forward not backward not trying to insult you just pointless to keep on about it

You have to assume that NT is the top target for the first round next year. I agree that a 3-4 will never run the way it's supposed to. That is the one position you don't want a guy who is just "adequate" at. It's great that we have all these OLB prospects but the Front 7 is going to average if we don't get that star NT.

But it's Grigs' fault. I'd bet everything I own that had we had that first round pick, we would've taken Hageman.

I think Kerr can play 3 Tech and 1 Tech and 0 Tech, as well as 2 and 4....Maybe some 5 Tech, Just sticking him at 0 Tech and telling him to hold his ground would be a waste of his quickness for his size  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfEXSAOcypI

I think this guy has potential definitely. It would be good to use him in different ways, he somewhat commands a double team. Watching last season although I felt Chapman was okay, I didn't always feel like he commanded double team blocks. There were times people were able to block him one one one without having to committ a double team.  I think he could give us some push in that area, and I also agree that he may be able to play some DE as well.

I think this guy has potential definitely. It would be good to use him in different ways, he somewhat commands a double team. Watching last season although I felt Chapman was okay, I didn't always feel like he commanded double team blocks. There were times people were able to block him one one one without having to committ a double team.  I think he could give us some push in that area, and I also agree that he may be able to play some DE as well.

No NT on the planet is going to draw double teams 100 percent of the time and when they dont they have to be able to shed the 1 guy that is blocking them and make the play on the player coming right at them otherwise that NT wont need to be doubled  often enough

No NT on the planet is going to draw double teams 100 percent of the time and when they dont they have to be able to shed the 1 guy that is blocking them and make the play on the player coming right at them otherwise that NT wont need to be doubled  often enough

I didn't think Chap was able to make the play often enough when he was single blocked.  I'm not going in to heavy on him because he was a rookie, but I feel a guy like Kerr would be good competition for him.

I didn't think Chap was able to make the play often enough when he was single blocked.  I'm not going in to heavy on him because he was a rookie, but I feel a guy like Kerr would be good competition for him.

I liked chapman's development last year his knee is my biggest concern if it can hold up great, but if he gets injured that's a big important hole on the d-line we need solid depth to fill I think we have great talent at NT can't wait for training camp to see the defense as a whole in action

Nix is the best NT in this draft and 2x the player Mewhort is. He would have been a huge upgrade over Chapman and Pendleton. The Texans obviously didn't see him overrated they traded up to get him. You'll see how good he is when we can't run up the middle vs the Texans or Luck is on his back, we play them 2x a year. Luck will be running for his life even more now when we play the Texans. Clowney on one side, Watt on the other, and Nix up the middle.

But why did he fall to round 3? My guess is that there's something behind the scenes going on with him. It would be one thing if just the Colts passed up on him in favor of Mewhort (who I would tend to wager you're underestimating here, we're talking about a guy who Chris Simms even said he liked better than Lewan). But it wasn't just the Colts, nearly every team in the NFL passed over him in round 2. On the surface Nix looks like he's going to be really good and has a higher ceiling than Mewhort but I think it's likely there are some lingering issues physical or otherwise that detracted from the interest surrounding him. The teams have more information on the players available to them than we do. 

But why did he fall to round 3? My guess is that there's something behind the scenes going on with him. It would be one thing if just the Colts passed up on him in favor of Mewhort (who I would tend to wager you're underestimating here, we're talking about a guy who Chris Simms even said he liked better than Lewan). But it wasn't just the Colts, nearly every team in the NFL passed over him in round 2. On the surface Nix looks like he's going to be really good and has a higher ceiling than Mewhort but I think it's likely there are some lingering issues physical or otherwise that detracted from the interest surrounding him. The teams have more information on the players available to them than we do. 

It's because of a knee-injury. 

He is coming off a season meniscus tear, has knee tendonitis. Did not bench press at the combine do to a pectoral issue and is not the athlete that Ngata and Poe are, I think many here overvalued him.

He is coming off a season meniscus tear, has knee tendonitis. Did not bench press at the combine do to a pectoral issue and is not the athlete that Ngata and Poe are, I think many here overvalued him.

Being overvalued isn't exclusive to here. Everyone and their mother had this guy going in the first round.