Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Which Game Do We Have The Best Chance Of Winning?

swflacoltsfans

Of the remaining games which one do you think we have the best chance of winning?

I am going to say Jax (away) the last game of the season.

I was thinking that as well, however, I figured that if we did not win any games leading up to the last game of the year, we may not care enough to win that game. By then, our players may have already made plans for the offseason and they may be "checked out." The only hope is that Jax has done the same.

I think that our best chance to win will be this week, or against Carolina coming off of our bye week.

You're probably right..... its looking like a totally meaningless game in the standings so I doubt the Jags will be playing for anything significant.

We might be playing to avoid 0-16 so hopefully.... theoretically.... we should see some effort.

Del Rio is probably toast after this season so his players might mail it in.

We got a shot I guess.

Another question is do we really want to win if it comes down to the last game of the season?

Should we risk not getting the first pick and Luck if we do need him?

You cant go 0-16 just to get a draft choice...

The difference between 1-15 or 0-16 is a lot more than one win..

Luck isnt worth the disgrace of 0-16

1 win or no wins there is no difference, unless your team makes the playoffs your season is a failure, so if we can get Lucky and have the number pick but it means going 0'fer...I am just fine with an 0'fer.

1 win or no wins there is no difference, unless your team makes the playoffs your season is a failure, so if we can get Lucky and have the number pick but it means going 0'fer...I am just fine with an 0'fer.

You and the way you are is a failure (sorry mods if I broke any rules). This team is getting invaluable experience for young guys and our rookies are getting used to playing in the NFL. Nothing is a failure. Yes we are 0-9 so what? We stink we know that. You've been spoiled by our 9 straight playoff appearances that you think anything but a playoff spot is a failure.

You and the way you are is a failure (sorry mods if I broke any rules). This team is getting invaluable experience for young guys and our rookies are getting used to playing in the NFL. Nothing is a failure. Yes we are 0-9 so what? We stink we know that. You've been spoiled by our 9 straight playoff appearances that you think anything but a playoff spot is a failure.

Not according to the masses, if you are not in the playoffs and winning it's a failure, I mean the past decade with Peyton has been a boarderline failure in many eyes because we only went to 2 SB and only won 1.

Personally I think this season is what this franchise needed to a degree. We have fallen at the perfect time with possibly the perfect replacement for Peyton within our grasp and we get a clear view of what other issues we need to address. But if you ask the masses...if your team doesn't make the playoffs...your season is a failure.

Well, going 0-16 has nothing to do with Luck. It has everything to do with the Colts and if the team is good enough to win or not. I'm sure that from a player's stand point, they would rather have a win than the first overall pick, regardless of who that may be.

0-16 for the Colts is very different than 0-16 for the Detroit Lions. Everyone will understand that we did not have Manning this year, and that this year's Colts team is not indicative of the Colts teams of the past, or what this year's teams potential would be with Manning playing. By the way, who cares that the Lions went 0-16. They are a good team now and that's what people think of them now.

I was thinking that as well, however, I figured that if we did not win any games leading up to the last game of the year, we may not care enough to win that game. By then, our players may have already made plans for the offseason and they may be "checked out." The only hope is that Jax has done the same.

I think that our best chance to win will be this week, or against Carolina coming off of our bye week.

This weekend without a doubt, at home against a struggling JAX team with a rookie QB that is adjusting like Painter is progressing. The problem I see is that defense is pretty stout at LB spot and seeing how our squad can't hardly muster a pass over 5 yards our strength plays right into the teeth of that D. Not to mention Session is going to be playing like it's his SuperBowl and MJD ALWAYS gets going on us. It will be tough, but our best chance at getting that "0" taken care of and avoiding hanging with the Lions in the cellar of ineptitude with the dubious banner of 0-16...

As for Carolina, C. Newton is going to have a field day with this D, the man can throw it and is very good running in space too, our D's top weaknesses, stopping the run and the pass. They will help him look like a bigger more refined version of Mike Vick.

If the team can't muster a win this Sunday I see 0-16 becoming a very real possibilty because there just aren't any other games left that will favor the Colts more than this game this Sunday.

As for Carolina, C. Newton is going to have a field day with this D, the man can throw it and is very good running in space too, our D's top weaknesses, stopping the run and the pass. They will help him look like a bigger more refined version of Mike Vick.

But the Colts have done well against Vick in the past. His speed is much less useful against a defense that can converge quickly. I think that Newton appears to be better than Vick, but he IS a rookie. If Freeney/Mathis can get him moving at all, that's great as far as I'm concerned. It's the passing that's more concerning.

I do think that game is winnable, although this weekend IS very likely the best chance. The defense has been playing a little better the past two games, plus Nevis is back. If the offense can get back to where they were before NO, not only can they win the next two games, but they SHOULD win the next two games.

They also should have a decent chance in the other Jacksonville game and against Tennessee. I wouldn't be surprised if they looked a LOT better against Houston the second time around as well. The only games that "scare" me are Baltimore and New England. The Ravens D might force a lot of sacks and turnovers, and the Pats short passing game might pick the Colts apart as badly as NO did. You never know though.

Jags 2x, Titans, Texans, Panthers, Patriots, Ravens

You can already forget the Ravens/Patriots.

Cam Newton seems to have given a pulse back to the Carolina offense, and I don't think Painter can keep up with Cam.

Maaaaaaaaaaaybe the Jags, but they've always driven the Colts' defense insane.

Don't think they can handle the Titans.

And I doubt you can beat the Texans. However, expect a duckboat parade in Houston if the Texans beat (and ultimately sweep) the Colts. They would've won 3 super bowls in the past two seasons! And yes, according to Houston, Week 1 was a BIG win against the vaunted Kerry Collins-lead Colts.