Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts draft Andrew Jackson, ILB, WKU [Merge]

Indeee

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree here. Generally the best time to judge a draft is the few minutes before it actaully ends. Why wait until these guys have actually played a preseason game, let alone a regular season contest, let alone have a season or two under their belts. Yep, the draft of 2014 is a complete waste.Fire Grigson now.

No you need to judge it before it starts. Got to beat all the geniuses who know better.

Should have fired Grigson as soon as the season ended. We have way more smarter guys right here!

It would be difficult to cut that much weight considering a good portion of wrestling and football coincide. 

Well then he's also apparently some kind of reality warper!

Geez, y'all are such pedants.

I must say that this dude Jackson has a Ray Lewis swagger if I ever saw one. I really like this pick!

At some point I could see him starting next to Freeman. I think he's a real talent, I don't see how he

fell this far in the draft for us to get him.

Grigs did this draft almost exactly as I said we should approach it several times in the forum.

As far as defense is concerned I said we should primarily focus on beefing up the front 7.

Yes I wish we would have taken a safety or another cornerback somewhere, but I still think there

is room to do so in UDFA. There are some good names still sitting there as far as the secondary

is concerned.  There may also be a quality vet or two a team is willing to let go of due to the influx

of new young talent on the rosters. I think we are in good position to succeed.........

I am happy. I was never sold that DQ was anything resembling a long term answer at ILB. Jackson brings risk, for sure, but he brings an attitude that this D hasn't seen for a LONG time. IMO, he will be starting by year end, and will make the entire D front look better for it.

He's a steal

"Oh my, what a stud of a backer. He’s a bit short, but that won’t stop him at all. He runs like he’s being chased – instead of the one doing the chasing. Plus, the kid hits like a wrecking ball – his victims probably have Miley Cyrus stuck in their heads after he lays them out. Jackson is an athletic freak and a turnover machine. He takes short routes to the ball carrier and plays his angles well. He’s built to be an inside linebacker, but his athleticism allows him to cover tight ends and some slot guys. He’ll stuff the run game because as soon as that guard flips his hips, Jackson is already filling the gap. “Character’ and “maturity” issues are the only things stopping him from being a first-round pick. I’m just a firm believer in talent."

Sounds like a big pick up... and whoever decided to add Miley "the virus" Cyrus to the comments is evil.

I admit to knowing nothing about him. My usual question - Who does he beat out?

How many ILBs will we carry? Five, six?

Is Harvey still here? He can beat Sheppard cause he's a bum, that's 2 off the top of my head any ILB we bring has a chance to beat

Kinda surprised. I did not see us drafting a LB of any kind, but especially an inside.

With Jackson, Freeman, McNary, and Shepard I figured we were set at the position.

I'd say they are looking for Shepard's spot to be taken from him so they can move on from him.

Didn't think we needed an ILB but I'm glad we didn't go Skov. I heard he could be an undrafted free agent long before the draft began and there has to be a reason why.

I was listening to talk radio today and they say he ran a 5.2 forty.  Main reason for not being drafted

Is Harvey still here? He can beat Sheppard cause he's a bum, that's 2 off the top of my head any ILB we bring has a chance to beat

I'm willing to bet the farm that Harvey and Sheppard will be packing their bags.

J. Freeman D. Jackson, A, Jackson, Mcnary, Mwamba are our guys now.