Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

does the drafting of moncrief a sign of whats to come

CR91

I believe that Reggie will be a Colt until he calls it quits. Just my thought. We are so deep at WR, it makes me feel a lot better going into next season knowing our passing threat is so huge. Even if we have some injuries, there should be some quality targets to throw to. I love the Moncrief pick because he's an excellent route runner and great hands. He does remind me a little of Reggie although he doesn't extend enough to reach for the ball, catches with his body a lot.

Just wondering out loud - Reggie seemed really comfortable and seemed to be having some fun under the circumstances - "coaching up" the other receivers after he got hurt. Maybe he could turn into the Receivers Coach after his playing days are done - Whenever that happens to be.

ColtsHappy

I'm just wondering what this means for Rogers' future as a colt. Nicks, Rogers, Moncreif, and even Hilton all have the potential to be #1 receivers in this league. If Nicks plays well this year and we resign him to a longer term contract do you really see us being able to keep all these guys? I really wanted to see how Rogers develops with us, but I could see us having to let him go next year if we resign Nicks. Plus, we don't have much invested in Rogers so I feel like he would be the odd man out. On the bright side, having too many elite WR's on the roster definitely wouldn't be a bad problem to have. What do you guys think? ... 

Rogers seems to be working hard and staying the course; I think he is trending up but cannot afford to ever slip up. If he continues to develop, the sky is the limit. Can you say that about Grif or Brazill? I have to think Da'Rick has a home.