Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

No 4th Round Pick?

Brad Nichter

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Grigs trade away a 4th round pick in 2015 so that we can move into the 4th this year and pick up an extra defensive player. Whether it be a safety, corner, or a pass rusher.  I haven't looked at the numbers or anything, but Grigs seems to be okay with trading away at least one pick from the next years draft each of the last few drafts we've had.  I'm not sure if it would be all that bad of an idea at this point if we are looking to win now. I think it would be great if we could come out of this draft with 4 more players instead of 3.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Grigs trade away a 4th round pick in 2015 so that we can move into the 4th this year and pick up an extra defensive player. Whether it be a safety, corner, or a pass rusher.  I haven't looked at the numbers or anything, but Grigs seems to be okay with trading away at least one pick from the next years draft each of the last few drafts we've had.  I'm not sure if it would be all that bad of an idea at this point if we are looking to win now. I think it would be great if we could come out of this draft with 4 more players instead of 3.

Next year's 4 doesn't get you a 4 this year.    What's the incentive for the team giving up this year's pick?

Next year's 3 gets you a 4 this year.    And that's what I'm expecting tomorrow.    We trade our 2015 #3 for a 2014 #4.

Next year's 4 doesn't get you a 4 this year.    What's the incentive for the team giving up this year's pick?

Next year's 3 gets you a 4 this year.    And that's what I'm expecting tomorrow.    We trade our 2015 #3 for a 2014 #4.

I'm not a Guru in the least bit with some of these trade scenarios, so if  I say something that isn't totally right I stand corrected.

With that being said I think tommorow may be a good time for Grigs to pull something like that.  I think we could use 2 more people in the secondary and 2 more on the front 7 perhaps.

Next year's 3 gets you a 4 this year.    And that's what I'm expecting tomorrow.    We trade our 2015 #3 for a 2014

I'm in favor of keeping our picks. It's like we're not even participating in this year's draft. Don't want this again.

I'm not a Guru in the least bit with some of these trade scenarios, so if  I say something that isn't totally right I stand corrected.

With that being said I think tommorow may be a good time for Grigs to pull something like that.  I think we could use 2 more people in the secondary and 2 more on the front 7 perhaps.

No worries.   I wasn't trying to give you a hard time.    Just wanted to offer a different scenario to see if you're still interested in doing such a deal?    It sounds like you are.    Hey, I'm with you!    :thmup:

No worries.   I wasn't trying to give you a hard time.    Just wanted to offer a different scenario to see if you're still interested in doing such a deal?    It sounds like you are.    Hey, I'm with you!    :thmup:

Yeah but next year we will have a lot less holes to fill on the team.  The offense is stacked, and we really only need about 2 more quality players in the front seven . Primarily at OLB, and maybe adding another body on the DL. If we had 4 more picks we could do that as well as adding 2 more defensive backs all this year.  Losing one pick next year won't hurt us as much I think.

I am not even going into trying to guess what Grigson is or should do. In my opinion I would like to see us stand pat with this years draft picks. Having just 5 picks this draft is a result in trading them away last season. I think the Colts should just tough it out and go into the next draft with a full plate. When the season starts there will be a lot of good players that will get cut and Grigson  more than likely have his eye on a couple of them. We still have walk ons to invite and look at.

When the season starts there will be a lot of good players that will get cut and Grigson  more than likely have his eye on a couple of them. We still have walk ons to invite and look at.

Yeah, we're still a work in progress in some areas, so we're far from being done when the draft is over! :thmup:

Rather not trade picks be in this situation again. If Grigs can get someone to bite on Brazil for a him and our 7th for their 5th or some package maybe but no more not having picks I hate sitting there and watching talent go. I think

5th Terrance Mitchell CB Oregon

6th Jonathan Dowling S WKU he better be there

7th Cassius Marsh UCLA DE

Call it a weekend and keep our picks. The only guy that worries me is Dowling might be better to go

5th Dowling

6th Ricardo Allen or Kendall Jackson

7th Cassius Marsh or Tyler Starrr

any combo of those would make the draft good for me the key piece is making sure we get Dowling and judging how long we can wait.

I think we just need to suck it up this year..

I think we would have to give up our 4th next year and our 6th this year, but Id be all for doing it. We need a safety or corner badly. I haven't looked, but hopefully FS Dion Bailey or Kenny Ladler are still available, or even SS Ahmad Dixon. At corner I still like Jaylen Watkins, Rashaad Reynolds, and Terrance Mitchell. Again Im not sure if they've already gone.