Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

1St Pick Dre Kirkpatrick/morris Claiborne Or Both

We need to trade the 1st pick to the browns for there 2 first round picks and 1st next year.

We need a lot of new players at different positions on are defense but if we could get the top 2 CB's in one draft that would help a lot on defense.

So we have 8 picks in this upcoming draft what do we do.

Here is what i say we do with the 8 picks.

1st. (10-20) Dre Kirkpatrick CB

1st. (11-20) Morris Claiborne CB

2nd. (33) Manti Te'o ILB convert to OLB

3rd. (65) try to get T.J. McDonald FS

4th. (97) Joe Adams WR

5th. (129) Jarius Wright WR

6th. (161) Jacquies Smith DE

7th. (193) Jeff Demps RB

Tell me what you think.

Look the other players up on youtube.com

Edited by Zebra3
thread merge looked confusing, I am merging the OPs first posts in both.

Posted · Hidden by Zebra3, November 11, 2011 - removed from view to avoid confusion
Hidden by Zebra3, November 11, 2011 - removed from view to avoid confusion

We need to trade are 1st round pick to the browns and get there 2 first round picks and there 1st next year.

So we have 8 picks in this upcoming draft what do we do.

Here is what i say we do with the 8 picks.

1st. (10-20) Dre Kirkpatrick CB

1st. (11-20) Morris Claiborne CB

2nd. (33) Manti Te'o ILB convert to OLB

3rd. (65) try to get T.J. McDonald FS

4th. (97) Joe Adams WR

5th. (129) Jarius Wright WR

6th. (161) Jacquies Smith DE

7th. (193) Jeff Demps RB

Tell me what you think.

Look the other players up on youtube.com

We need to trade the 1st pick to the browns for there 2 first round picks and 1st next year.

We need a lot of new players at different positions on are defense but if we could get the top 2 CB's in one draft that would help a lot on defense.

I dont think we need the both top 2 corners in this draft. Just one. Powers, Claiborne/kirkpatrick, and from what im seeing Kevin thomas is pretty good. Its also SS that needs to be upgraded

If we get both corners we maybe can convert one of them to SS , FS , ROLB , LOLB because all there athletic ability. On the plus side if we can convert one of them then we will be able to still have a great backup CB if the starting corner gets injured.

You wanna convert a CB to LB?..... No oldunclemark i will not listen to stone!

listen to stone

Mark.....if Cleveland REALLY wants Andrew Luck..... which I suppose is possible since Colt McCoy's contract is only 5 mil max, then I want the following because stonehart's price is an insult....

1. Both of their 1st round draft picks and their 2nd round pick in 2012

2. Their 1st & 3rd round draft picks in 2013

3. DT Phil Taylor.... which would finally give us a legitimate NT

I could live with that deal if the Colts front office insists on going with the trade-down route. Nothing less.

We wont land the two first rounders thats outa the question. From what ive been reading kirkpatrick is a better safety prospect than cb. Plus we arent gonna land teo in the 2nd round

What???

If we trade down the #1 overall pick.... we better get a heck of alot more than what stonehart said.

You need to look at this chart.... http://walterfootbal.../draftchart.php .... then multiply the #1 pick by 1.5 to 4500 points as the Andrew Luck "premium".

If anyone wants Luck.... we better make them pay through the nose.

You wanna convert a CB to LB?..... No oldunclemark i will not listen to stone!

I was thinking maybe one of them would be good LB because they both can tackle good they both would have lock down D on TE's and WR's and can blits good. So i dont know why they both cant play LB so plz tell me why not.

Imagine having two players locked down every play. = More turnovers , More sacks , and a great defense leads to a great offense .

What???

If we trade down the #1 overall pick.... we better get a heck of alot more than what stonehart said.

You need to look at this chart.... http://walterfootbal.../draftchart.php .... then multiply the #1 pick by 1.5 to 4500 points as the Andrew Luck "premium".

If anyone wants Luck.... we better make them pay through the nose.

Srry was in a rush maybe you should take some time and make you mock draft.

Srry was in a rush maybe you should take some time and make you mock draft.

I don't have a problem with the players you listed in your mock draft... and I'll come up with one of my own in a few more weeks since the college season isn't over yet.

But I just think we can get WAY more for the #1 pick if we trade it down.

Why short change ourselves?

I was thinking maybe one of them would be good LB because they both can tackle good they both would have lock down D on TE's and WR's and can blits good. So i dont know why they both cant play LB so plz tell me why not.

Imagine having two players locked down every play. = More turnovers , More sacks , and a great defense leads to a great offense .

Because claiborne is 185 lbs and kirkpatrick is 193 lbs. And yeah they can tackle well. For a CB. Their not gonna stand up a 220 lb Rb and drop him. Are you really being serious? Tell me, has anyone in the nfl drafted a Cb and switched him to LB?

Because claiborne is 185 lbs and kirkpatrick is 193 lbs. And yeah they can tackle well. For a CB. Their not gonna stand up a 220 lb Rb and drop him. Are you really being serious? Tell me, has anyone in the nfl drafted a Cb and switched him to LB?

Just a suggestion i realy would rather they both stay lock down CB's or a lock down SS

For the 98237490180508701982398409th time, the Browns have no reason to give us their first two picks. They need a pass rusher, a running back, and a receiving threat for McCoy. They can get all of those with their first three picks in the top two rounds, and there's nothing they need or want at pick 1.

WE WON'T GET THE BROWNS PICKS.

Face it; we will have 1 first round pick, no matter what. Maybe an extra 2nd, or a 1st next year, but even in trading away the "Luck Pick," we will have one 1st round pick.

Mod Note : I merged this topic, but the merge doesn't seem to have done a very good job. Apologies for any confusion this has caused.

I have edited the original post to merge Stoneheart's thoughts and fix the confusing order of posts. I think it's fixed now.

Because claiborne is 185 lbs and kirkpatrick is 193 lbs. And yeah they can tackle well. For a CB. Their not gonna stand up a 220 lb Rb and drop him.

Yes, that's why neither would or should be converted to LB. Most of our LBs in the past have been small by NFL standards but even they were 220+. Well, maybe not Cato June..I'd swear his weight was 218 one year which brings me to..

Are you really being serious? Tell me, has anyone in the nfl drafted a Cb and switched him to LB?

The closest I can think of was Cato June. He started out playing CB at Michigan and was moved to Safety. Then he was drafted and Dungy converted him from safety to OLB.

Yes, that's why neither would or should be converted to LB. Most of our LBs in the past have been small by NFL standards but even they were 220+. Well, maybe not Cato June..I'd swear his weight was 218 one year which brings me to..

The closest I can think of was Cato June. He started out playing CB at Michigan and was moved to Safety. Then he was drafted and Dungy converted him from safety to OLB.

Lol yeah i read about that somewhere. Well atleast he was 210+ and panned out.