Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

colts needs

mintor

I think it is O Line

The back end of the D

Edge rusher

The skill positions are good for the year

Front 7 on D should be good Pagano and Grigs have their guys have for a couple of camps time for SJF Hughes Chapman to bring it Jones and Redding will help too. LB are pretty good except edge rusher not really counting on Werner

I put the back end second even though I'd rather have a monster pass rusher I just think ii is more realistic to make big gains on the back end being in our drafting position and the depth of this draft on the back end,  Maybe you have a pass rusher at 59 that makes you move one of those lineman  down. I find it hard to believe Jackson Botinto etc aren't high on our boards.

I have thought from the get go it won't be sexy but o line is our first pick just a question of when. It is looking perfect for a trade down scenario. There are a lot of names left but still 26 til us

I dont want to reach for a safety or cb in the 2nd. Maybe a front seven guy pass rusher type someone who would indirectly benefit the secondary.

There are a couple of corners who may be available at 59 who wouldn't necessarily be a reach. I think pass rusher or even reviever might be good options dependong on who is there.

1 o'line  

a center

2  defense

a safety

b cb

c  pass rusher

d ilb

2nd round

Xavier Suo - if he falls to us (highly doubt it)

Draft a FS/CB

3rd round

Draft a Center - Maybe Travis Swanson 

Draft OL 

Draft a safety first we can find a good center in the 3rd round

Not sure why anyone thinks we need an Edge Rusher. That is odd.

But I do like Oline/Center and then Defensive Backfield.

Holmes is our starting C.  C is NOT a glaring need. 

Our OLine needs improved from last year.  We need a new starting LG and C.  WE HAVE THEM ALREADY!!!!! Thomas and Holmes.

We also need our RG to improve.  Well.... we take our rookie RG that had to play LG with Thomas hurt and move him to his normal spot at RG.  He should be much improved in his 2nd year.  T are set.

Castanzo, Thomas, Holmes, Thornton, Cherrilous will be our starting line.  any olineman drafted will be a backup.

Castanzo, Thomas, Holmes, Thornton, Cherrilous will be our starting line.  any olineman drafted will be a backup.

Perhaps. But far too soon to say with any authority. I would like that line - save Castanzo - but there will be some young Men brought in who may not agree with your early assumption.

Improve the depth on the offensive line.  Not all that sexy, but with the number of injuries that seem to happen every year the depth will be needed.  Along those lines of thinking, depth at CB and S would be nice.  I thought Howell played well at times last season.  Is he slated to be the starter at this point?   

Not sure why anyone thinks we need an Edge Rusher. That is odd.

But I do like Oline/Center and then Defensive Backfield.

why is that odd?  We have 3 OLB's we can count on...Werner, Mathis and Walden.  Werner is at this point basically the primary backup to both of them.  While Walden hasn't been bad, he is still replaceable, especially if we can find someone that can set the edge as well as he can but also provide more of a pass rush.  And of course Mathis is in his final years.  

IMO, Safety, OLB and OL are the areas where we have the weakest depth....and of those 3 position groups, OLBs are the group that rotates the most.

Perhaps. But far too soon to say with any authority. I would like that line - save Castanzo - but there will be some young Men brought in who may not agree with your early assumption.

Lots of great o-line talent still on the board. I would love to have jackson,martin,mewhort or bitonio at 59. Yes, they would be starting week one as well.

Because we already have Mathis & Werner. We already have our Edge Rushers.

As has been said, Mathis is getting close to retirement, and Werner spent more time last year backing up Walden than Mathis because of the injury to Sidbury.  Werner may wind up playing more SAM than RushLB.  

Walden...I like him, he's good at what he was brought in to do, but if we could find someone who sets the edge as well as he does PLUS provides a better pass rush then Walden can definitely be upgraded.

What I don't understand is people saying DL is a need.  I think we have an incredibly strong DL rotation at this point.  We could bring in a late round or UDFA NT to backup Chapman but other than that I love the rotation we have at the moment.