Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Day 2 best available for Colts

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping for Hageman. Dude's ceiling is JJ Watt.

Yea I'm hoping for Hageman, Tuitt, Van Noy, or Breeland, or Filo

Edit: oh yea and Attaochu

Just hope there is a run on QBs RBs and OTs early on, and that huge group of WRs

Brock Vereen round 3

Joyner would be a terrible pick too small and plays more CB than safety if we want a good sized prospect with experience playing safety and corner lets go get Dontae Johnson have him play safety looks like all of the safeties worth drafting high will be gone before 59

Terrible, really? I love this time of year but people talking about players with never seeing them play and instead taking one persons opinion they heard once and running with it really really annoys me. Not necessarily saying that's you but in general.

Terrible, really? I love this time of year but people talking about players with never seeing them play and instead taking one persons opinion they heard once and running with it really really annoys me. Not necessarily saying that's you but in general.

true bad choice of words just prefer somebody taller terrible is very inaccurate i'm sure just not what I think will help us against 6 foot receivers but again it's just my opinion 

Defensive 2nd round targets:  (11)

Safety             Corner            DE                  NT          OLB

-------              --------               ----                 ----         ------

Brooks            Desir              Tuitt                Nix          VanNoy

SJB                Hageman                      Lawrence

Breeland                                              Attaouchu

Joyner

Offensive 2nd round targets:  (11)

G                        C                          WR

---                      ---                          ----

XSF                  Martin                     Matthews

Bitonio             Richburg                 Latimer

Jackson                                          Adams

Mewhort                                         Robinson

Landry

Total targets of interest:  22

This list does not include players at positions where we're not as interested....   QB, RB, TE, OT and 4-3 DL  ILB

Colts pick is #26

Odds of getting a player that we like and want.....   incredibly high. 

nix go too houston  need nt  bad , 

34. Washington RedskinsJoel Bitonio, OL, Nevada

The Redskins have offensive line needs and Bitonio has the skill-set to line up at tackle or guard.

35. Cleveland BrownsCody Latimer, WR, Indiana

Cleveland needs to find a No. 2 receiver to pair with Josh Gordon and Latimer has all the tools needed for the position.

36. Oakland Raiders: Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State

Oakland went with an impact pass rusher in the first round, the future starting quarterback could be the target in the second.

37. Atlanta FalconsKony Ealy, DE, Missouri

The Falcons went with the offensive tackle at No. 6, now it's time to address the pass rush with Ealy.

38. Tampa Bay BuccaneersCyrus Kouandjio, OT, Alabama

Anthony Collins was brought in, but the Buccaneers are still looking for tackle depth and Kouandjio is a good value here.

39. Jacksonville Jaguars: Marqise Lee, WR, USC

Regardless if Blake Bortles or Chad Henne is at quarterback, more weapons are needed with Blackmon not expected back in 2014.

40. Seattle SeahawksTimmy Jernigan, DT, Florida State

The Seahawks are in a position to restock on the defensive line and add a versatile lineman like Jernigan.

41. Buffalo BillsJace Amaro, TE, Texas Tech

After trading up for Watkins in the first instead of waiting for Ebron at No. 9, the Bills can continue and add weapons for E.J. Manuel.

42. Tennessee TitansJimmy Garoppolo, QB, Eastern Illinois

The Titans have been doing their homework on this quarterback class and Garoppolo could be an intriguing developmental option.

43. New York GiantsCarlos Hyde, RB, Ohio State

Rashad Jenningswas brought in to start, but Hyde would be an excellent addition and give New York a powerful 1-2 punch.

44. St. Louis Rams:Lamarcus Joyner, DB, Florida State

St. Louis plays Tyrann Mathieu twice a year so they understand the value of versatile defensive back who can cover and hit.

45. Detroit LionsScott Crichton, DE, Oregon State

The Lions lost several defensive ends to free agency, including Willie Young and Crichton would help them rebuild the depth at the position.

46. Pittsburgh SteelersStephon Tuitt, DL, Notre Dame

Pittsburgh needs to revamp their front-three and Tuitt was born to play the 5-technique spot in a 3-4 scheme.

47. Dallas CowboysDemarcus Lawrence, DE, Boise State

As the Cowboys look to replace Demarcus Ware, Lawrence could be that pass rusher they covet for the right defensive end spot.

48. Baltimore Ravens: Xavier Su'a-Filo, OG, UCLA

Versatile Kelechi Osemele can kick out to right tackle with Su'a-Filo stepping in and starting as a rookie at guard.

49. New York JetsPhillip Gaines, CB, Rice

The Jets addressed the safety position in the first round and could improve the cornerback spot with Gaines here.

50. Miami Dolphins: Allen Robinson, WR, Penn State

Miami drafted someone to help protect Ryan Tannehill in the first round, this pick could another pass catcher for him to target.

51. Chicago Bears: Ra'Shede Hageman, DT, Minnesota

Chicago needs to improve the interior of the defensive line and Hageman gives them options.

52. Arizona CardinalsPierre Desir, CB, Lindenwood

Patrick Peterson and Antonio Cromartie are the starters, but Desir would be able to learn behind them.

53. Green Bay Packers: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington

A player Ted Thompson likely considered in the first round is here for them in the second round.

54. Philadelphia Eagles: Bashaud Breeland, DB, Clemson

Chip Kelly addressed the pass rush in the first round and might look to the secondary with this pick.

55. Cincinnati Bengals: Morgan Moses, OT, Virginia

With Anthony Collins moving on, the Bengals could use added depth on the offensive line.

56. San Francisco 49ers: Billy Turner, OL, North Dakota State

For what it's worth -- and this doesn't happen all that often -- both Kiper and McShay mock the Colts taking.....

C Weston Richberg at 59.

Not the player I'm hoping for....     but he's a popular choice among those who are putting out mock's today....

I've been trying to look up some info on possible picks later on if the few of the top safeties are gone at 59 1 guy I kinda like is Kenny Ladler out of Vanderbilt seems like he'd be a solid pick in the 5th if we go elsewhere earlier as well as Tre Boston or Brock Vereen

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20140509/2014-nfl-mock-draft-round-2-houston-texans/?xid=si_topstories

59. Indianapolis Colts -- Weston Richburg, C, Colorado State

The surprise retirement of newly signed free-agent center Phil Costa puts the Colts in the market for help in their offensive line's interior. Richburg and USC center Marcus Martin figure to be their two highest-rated options.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20140509/2014-nfl-mock-draft-round-2-houston-texans/#ixzz31FfgPsOq

Indianapolis Colts:  Marcus Martin, C, USC USC_logo.gif 

The colts are very thin on the offensive interior, especially at center. They're rumored to be high on Marcus Martin and could even take him in the first round.

http://nfltraderumors.co/2014-nfl-mock-draft-second-round/

59.  IND  Marcus Martin  C  USC

Yea I'm hoping for Hageman, Tuitt, Van Noy, or Breeland, or Filo

Edit: oh yea and Attaochu

Just hope there is a run on QBs RBs and OTs early on, and that huge group of WRs

Brock Vereen round 3

with the limited picks this year I think the Colts need to nail their first pick ( & the whole draft for that matter) & Hageman seems like a high risk player...

but I'm with you on passing on safety in the 2nd & hoping Vereen drops to the 3rd...

also with you on hoping for a run on WR's RB's & the remaining QBs!!!

seems like there are some good DB options that will most likely be available in later rounds, (Dixon, Dowling, Southward, & Jaylen Watkins) I'm starting to think OL will be the best value at 59...

I wonder if McCullers is a possibility in the third if he is there. The team rotates NTs and McCullers is in that Shaun Rogers/Ted Washington size and athleticism range. Questions over his aggressiveness and need to maintain leverage are big, though.