Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

10 Bold NFL Draft Predictions

Every year I enjoy doing this (first time posting this on the forum). I usually get 1 or 2 of these on the head, and completely miss out on the others. Let's see what happens this year:

1. The Texans will not pick 1st overall.

2. No running back will be chosen in the first 40 picks.

3. Jake Matthews will not go in the top 10

4. Colts will not pick at the 59th spot...

5....You'll see them picking a bit earlier.

6. There will be no more than 3 trades in the first round.

7. Teddy Bridgewater will go in the top 5.

8. No guards will be selected in the 1st round (Tackles eventually switching to guards do not count, coughZackMartincough)

9. 4 quarterbacks will go in the Top 20

10. There will be more than 10 references (ESPN and NFL Network broadcasts combined) to the movie Draft Day (good movie, but they're talking about it too much).

What are yours?

Every year I enjoy doing this (first time posting this on the forum). I usually get 1 or 2 of these on the head, and completely miss out on the others. Let's see what happens this year:

1. The Texans will not pick 1st overall.

2. No running back will be chosen in the first 40 picks.

3. Jake Matthews will not go in the top 10

4. Colts will not pick at the 59th spot...

5....You'll see them picking a bit earlier.

6. There will be no more than 3 trades in the first round.

7. Teddy Bridgewater will go in the top 5.

8. No guards will be selected in the 1st round (Tackles eventually switching to guards do not count, coughZackMartincough)

9. 4 quarterbacks will go in the Top 20

10. There will be more than 10 references (ESPN and NFL Network broadcasts combined) to the movie Draft Day (good movie, but they're talking about it too much).

What are yours?

1. Disagree if they where going to pull off a trade they would have done so by now.  I think they are picking.

2. Agree

3. Agree

4. No I think we're going to stand pat.

5. Disagree

6. Disagree

7. Disagree entirely, Maybe the top 5 of the 2nd round.  But the consensus seems to be he's not a first round pick.

8. Agree

9. Disagree

10. Well that prediction is pretty well guaranteed.  That's like predicting that the sun will rise tomorrow.  

If you're making 10 bold predictions,  you SHOULD get at least 1 or 2 right!!

I'd like to think you'll get more....   but at first glance,  I'm not so hopeful......

Good luck!

To be honest, I took it down a notch this year. 

In years past, they were a bit bolder (Ex. Rams will trade out of No.1 spot and get either McCoy or Suh).

If he falls out of the first round, I would be all for the Colts moving up to get him

Wow, talk about improving our pass rush. Getting Barr would give us a very good pass rusher for the future to pair with Werner. Mathis can't play forever and we can always find ways to get Barr on the field while Mathis is still on the Colts.

Id be fine with trading our 2015 1st if he lasted to the early 2nd. He's better than anyone we would get low in the 1st next year.

Alright I like the predictions. A few of my own:

1. There will be a record number of trades in this Draft

2. Manziel is the first quarter taken

3. The solid players (Matthews, Gilbert, haha) will fall, whereas potential-based prospects (Manziel, Beckham, Robinson) will be popular in the top ten.

4. Mike Glennon gets traded for a late first round pick, and then the bucs use that pick on a qb.

1. Disagree if they where going to pull off a trade they would have done so by now.  I think they are picking.

RE: The Texans, I think you are overlooking the most likely trade scenario.  That would be an agreement in principle executed after they pick and conditional upon the player that they want being available at the trade down slot.  You could argue that this is still the Texans picking 1st but it's really not the same thing - though they'll have to be content with Clowney if their preferred pick gets jumped.

RE: The Texans, I think you are overlooking the most likely trade scenario.  That would be an agreement in principle executed after they pick and conditional upon the player that they want being available at the trade down slot.  You could argue that this is still the Texans picking 1st but it's really not the same thing - though they'll have to be content with Clowney if their preferred pick gets jumped.

Yeah I would say that's still the Texans picking first.

That is possible but I consider it unlikely.  I'm reading reports that they are not interested in Mack as was initially reported.  So I think they are taking Clowney which is exactly what I had hoped they would do.  Because I think Clowney is going to bust really bad.  

Alright I like the predictions. A few of my own:

1. There will be a record number of trades in this Draft

2. Manziel is the first quarter taken

3. The solid players (Matthews, Gilbert, haha) will fall, whereas potential-based prospects (Manziel, Beckham, Robinson) will be popular in the top ten.

4. Mike Glennon gets traded for a late first round pick, and then the bucs use that pick on a qb.

Regarding #4 do you believe the trade will be straight up Glennon for a late first rounder or will there be other draft picks that go along with Glennon for a late first rounder.  

Because I really doubt anyone gives up a late first round pick for Glennon straight up.

Yeah I would say that's still the Texans picking first.

That is possible but I consider it unlikely.  I'm reading reports that they are not interested in Mack as was initially reported.  So I think they are taking Clowney which is exactly what I had hoped they would do.  Because I think Clowney is going to bust really bad.  

I don't think Clowney will be a bust at all. I think he will be the defensive rookie of the year. He will make a monster pass rushing defense teamed with Watt.

1 - Texans will trade the #1 pick to Falcons

2 - 49'ers will make a blockbuster trade

3 - There will be at least 4 trades in the first round

4 - One of those trades will involve Raiders moving down.

5 - A minimum of 5 OT will go in the first round, 4 of them in the top 10.

6 - No RB will go in the first round.

7 - Only one TE will be picked in the first round

8 - Bridgewater wil fall out of the first round

9 - The Colts will not pick @ #59, but earlier.

10 - I will have a strong urge to strangle someone and/or break stuff if I hear the name "Manziel" mentioned again before he is picked.