Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why Are There No Dominate Teams?

dn4192

If you look around the NFL, the closest thing we have to it this year might be the Packers, but they have some glaring issues with their defense and are playing kinda like the Colts where they just outscore you.

There is not 1 team in the AFC that you can point to and say wow...they are good. Each of the top divisional teams have huge flaws. So what has happened, has true parity hit the NFL and is it a good thing?

The lockout is a big part of it because it robbed free agents of the time in spring and summer workouts to learn their new responsibilities. This has been especially hard on defensive players.

Yeah, I was going to mention the combination of the lockout, and just parity in general.

it's because of the emphasis on offense. great teams in the past had superior defenses & adequate offenses

great offense sells tickets, but it's also a lot easier to poke holes into it if a few key pieces are missing

Are the great offenses not due in part to all the rule changes by the NFL favoring the offense over Defense?

Are the great offenses not due in part to all the rule changes by the NFL favoring the offense over Defense?

defense has had some help in the past too lets not forget

for example now you can push receivers out of bounds on purpose so they won't be credited with a catch, they also have someone on the defense who can receive calls just like the QB does

The impression there is no dominating team mainly comes from the deline of the Colts and Pats. After the many years of dominating performance, they have all started to decline due to the lack of talents. Both team will face major rebuilding very soon. Other AFC teams are as usual. For NFC there has never been a team dominating in the past several years, so it is already kinda odd to have Pacs there.

Packers, Pats. Steelers, Texans are starting to look dominating to me. Anyone here think the Packers will not be in the next Super Bowl?

Me! : :number1: I think the Giants will make a run in the playoffs and face off against the Ravens in the SB... SB 35 rematch.