Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Better CFB QB: Tim Tebow or Vince Young

Tim Tebow helped Florida win a lot of important bowls/games although I never saw him as the pocket passer quarterback. His style of play hasn't worked in the NFL. Tebow was pretty much a winner in college with the right system.

Vince Young, although not as successful in college than Tebow, was the best all around quarterback.

My money is on Curtis Painter.

Had Painter come out the year before we drafted him, some had him pegged as a first round QB.  I think he wasn't as bad as he seemed here, but that the coaching staff did a poor job of adjusting the offense to his abilities

Had Painter come out the year before we drafted him, some had him pegged as a first round QB.  I think he wasn't as bad as he seemed here, but that the coaching staff did a poor job of adjusting the offense to his abilities

probably because he didn't have any abilities.

this isn't even close. Although Vince is a bust,m he did have a pretty good winning % and was rookie of the year. By far vince young. I honestly would consider taking curtis painter over tebow.

Yeah, but I'm talking simply as a college QB. Altho both are busts, they're arguably two of the top 5 QBs in college history.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, but I'm talking simply as a college QB. Altho both are busts, they're arguably two of the top 5 QBs in college history.

Well I wouldn't say they are two of the best in HISTORY...but certainly in the last 10 yrs possibily. They ran that system to a T. I would go with Tebow because I think he was a better leader in college....rallying his guys...but certainly Vince was more athletic.

• 2 months later...