Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trading Peyton Manning To Dolphins(My Way)

What if we would trade Manning to the Dolphins for all there draft Picks. They are very despriet for a good Qb, and Manning is a great Qb. And if we would get the first and second draft pick we could get Luck and a good Wide out to help him early out in his carrer. And we will be getting 2 early picks every round. Dont get me wrong i am a die hard Manning fan and would become a dolphins fan as well as a colt fan. Well lets here your thoughs.

We have 3 days that we will be able to trade him.

But that means we would be trading a 28 million dollar option bonus and 35 million worth of base salaries as constructed in his current contract.

Therefore Peyton Manning will not be traded. at all. Period... NOT HAPPENING.

He might be released, but he will not be traded.

I love Peyton, he's the best. But, he's also getting up there in years, so I think expecting another team to dish out all their picks is a bit much. The dolphins, inept as they are, know the same thing as we do...he's over 35, had three surgeries, and his future is in doubt.

Personally, I hope to see Manning retire as a Colt, preferrably 4 to 5 years from now.

One thing is for sure, if Peyton is released, the Dolphins in all likelihood will have the first chance in the waivers' order to claim him. If that were the case, why bother to trade for him? They will force the Colts to show their hand and then act accordingly during draft time. His deadline for the $28 mil. option comes in February, well before the April draft time, so the Dolphins will know what to do and how to move forward.

That seems the most plausible scenario, picking him off waivers if released.

Grow up, Peter Pan. They won't trade their whole draft for Manning when they could just sit at #2 and draft Matt Barkley or Landry Jones. They might move up to get Luck if they really want him, but they won't give up 7 draft picks for a 35 year old player.

We have 3 days that we will be able to trade him.

But that means we would be trading a 28 million dollar option bonus and 35 million worth of base salaries as constructed in his current contract.

Therefore Peyton Manning will not be traded. at all. Period... NOT HAPPENING.

He might be released, but he will not be traded.

Then why are so many experts on ESPN saying we could very well trade Manning? Look, let people have optomism here and hope that something good will come out of this. The fact that we would get NOTHING back in return for Manning would completely suck for this franchise so I do believe his contract will be reworked to where they could trade him. Peyton himself also said he wants to do whats best for the franchise.

"Personally, I hope to see Manning retire as a Colt, preferrably 4 to 5 years from now".

Agreed sfergson727 , I want Peyton Manning to retire a Colt but if he doesn't I will always seem him as a Colt. I honestly don't think Jim Irsay would really throw Peyton Manning away unless he was for sure going to be 100%. Peyton himself wouldn't play if he wasn't 100% he would rather go crazy and retire and then maybe reemerge as a coach a few years after that....lol

"Personally, I hope to see Manning retire as a Colt, preferrably 4 to 5 years from now".

Agreed sfergson727 , I want Peyton Manning to retire a Colt but if he doesn't I will always seem him as a Colt. I honestly don't think Jim Irsay would really throw Peyton Manning away unless he was for sure going to be 100%. Peyton himself wouldn't play if he wasn't 100% he would rather go crazy and retire and then maybe reemerge as a coach a few years after that....lol

Yeah if a team can:

a) Give the Colts enough compensation to warrant the trade

b ) Is willing to pay Manning his 28 million dollar option bonus

c) Is willing to pay Manning his 35 million worth of base salaries over the life of the contract.

d) Can fit this into the 3 day window of when the New League year opens and the date that Manning's option bonus is due

Then yeah he could be traded.

He's already going to cost 16 million against the salary cap if he retires or is traded. Even more if the option bonus is paid and he's still hurt and has to retire.

..because those guys dont spend a lot of time thinking about the Colts..

Bingo!

ok Manning will be back for 1-2 years 3 if hes Lucky but now is the time to mentor Luck, Manning would be the most selfish player in the NFL if he doesnt let us draft Luck

No, colts fans would be the most selfish fans if they wanted them to take Luck. If I was Manning, I wouldn't want the colts to draft him either, at all. That's nothing personal to Luck, but it would basically sabotage the rest of Peyton's career with the colts.