Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I have been predicting it since he was the only guard to run sub 5.0 40 at the combine. The  4.9 he  had was the fastest for a G. Turner also had the fastest 10 yard split, 20 yard shuttle. and he put up 225 25x. He has moved up to the end of the second beginning of the third round according to the "experts" I would not be surprised if the 6;3" 310 lb guard is our pick especially if Bucannon is gone which I expect him to be.

Also had private work outs with the Lions, Bucs, Panthers, Falcons, Saints, Cowboys, and Dolphins. Grigs loves speed this kid is fast.

Hopefully we can drop back and get a 4th and Turner. I think the two guys Grigs has his eye on are Turner and Bucannon. He is going to have to move up to sniff Bucannon I think. I know he isn't a hot commodity on this board his 6 int's seemed to go unnoticed when talking about his coverage skills. I think he will be the 3rd S off the board

I have been predicting it since he was the only guard to run sub 5.0 40 at the combine. The  4.9 he  had was the fastest for a G. Turner also had the fastest 10 yard split, 20 yard shuttle. and he put up 225 25x. He has moved up to the end of the second beginning of the third round according to the "experts" I would not be surprised if the 6;3" 310 lb guard is our pick especially if Bucannon is gone which I expect him to be.

Also had private work outs with the Lions, Bucs, Panthers, Falcons, Saints, Cowboys, and Dolphins. Grigs loves speed this kid is fast.

Hopefully we can drop back and get a 4th and Turner. I think the two guys Grigs has his eye on are Turner and Bucannon. He is going to have to move up to sniff Bucannon I think. I know he isn't a hot commodity on this board his 6 int's seemed to go unnoticed when talking about his coverage skills. I think he will be the 3rd S off the board

Trai Turner seems like an early 4th round prospect to me.

That is where I had him too. I thought Grigs might grab him with our pick at he end of the 3rd though since the combine. I knew that 40 would get his attention.  I think we can agree that Grigs values speed on the line. That is what got him on Louis. The article said private workouts have pushed him up and up the boards kind of like Latimer. He looks like he is going in the first round now. Latimer not Turner in the first.  Link

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/LSU-guard-Trai-Turner-has-been-busy.html

That is where I had him too. I thought Grigs might grab him with our pick at he end of the 3rd though since the combine. I knew that 40 would get his attention.  I think we can agree that Grigs values speed on the line. That is what got him on Louis. The article said private workouts have pushed him up and up the boards kind of like Latimer. He looks like he is going in the first round now.

I don't think Louis' 40 time was all that important. Grigson mentioned that because it speaks to Louis' athleticism, not because it was a deciding factor.

As for Turner, he had a good college career, and has good tape. I don't think taking him in the 3rd makes sense for us, but it could happen.

You don't think we need to shore up the interior of the O Line? I get an uneasy feeling when I hear/read comments about Thomas like he isn't where Grigs thinks he should be he just isn't saying it. Maybe I am reading into it.

I would say the back end of the D and Interior O Line are our biggest question marks and the play of those groups are going to go a long way determining if we are really contenders. I am higher on Howell than most but Toler injury history is a concern.

We could use another pass rusher and depth across the board but the interior of the O Line would be the biggest question mark I have about this team.

You don't think we need to shore up the interior of the O Line? I get an uneasy feeling when I hear/read comments about Thomas like he isn't where Grigs thinks he should be he just isn't saying it. Maybe I am reading into it.

I would say the back end of the D and Interior O Line are our biggest question marks and the play of those groups are going to go a long way determining if we are really contenders. I am higher on Howell than most but Toler injury history is a concern.

We could use another pass rusher and depth across the board but the interior of the O Line would be the biggest question mark I have about this team.

I think we could use a backup plan to Thomas, for sure. But I think there are a lot of interior linemen in this draft after the 4th round. I'd personally go a different direction than o-line early in this draft.

I don't think anybody outside of each teams front office has the slightest clue what their favorite team is going to do on draft day. Last year for example, "experts" had pegged EJ Manuel and Travis Frederick as 3rd round picks, and they both went in the first. Nobody outside of the circle has an idea about the talent evaluation for NFL teams. Not experts, talking heads, writers, and especially the fans.

I think you are reading into it

I think Turner is a top-100 player, which means a 3rd round guy.

I'm not sure where in the 3rd, but I'd be surprised if he falls to the 4th round.

I don't know how much we love him,  but an interior lineman IS needed and he's one of the better ones who fit our draft pick situation.

I am hoping we either stay pat and take Demarcus Lawrence or trade up for Attaochu. If both of them are gone, I would trade back.

I have no problem with us passing on Bucannon altogether. I actually like Howell, and I wouldn't mind taking Brock Vereen in the 5th.

Turner seems to have some potential, I just hope we don't take him at 59. I like both Turner and Bitonio, but it seems like Bitonio will be gone by 59.

My foremost concern is improving the pass rush.

I think you are reading into it

Of course I am how would I have any insight to the injury status of Thomas? Or Grigs thoughts I guess I was asking if anyone else notices it.

I get an uneasy feeling when he talks about Thomas. He seems to light up when talking about Holmes and or Louis his mannerisms seem different when he talks about Thomas. He seems uptight doesn't have as much to say. That is my take.

Either way I think we all agree the OLine could use an upgrade at least depth. Thorton Holmes Thomas have the potential to be a good interior line. O Line is a lot about continuity hopefully we get a chance to build that in camp this year.

I personally liked Cyril Richardson you wanna talk about a road grader when he is in shape and ready to go. I have a hard time with a guy who shows up to the combine not in shape then lights it up at his pro day kind of a red flag not sure his heart is in it.  I like Turner a lot too. What ever Grigs does I am good with.

I had Turner in one of my mock drafts a few days ago. He could fall to the 5th round, would have to trade up for him.

He would have to get in a bar fight then fall asleep in his car in the bar's parking lot to last until the 5th

I like Trai as a 4th round prospect.  I think he could be a 2nd round prospect if he had stayed another year at LSU.  He's got to improve his footwork and lateral agility.  Watching him pull on film was painful at times.  He looked incredibly stiff.  Also, his pass blocking needs work.  It's really hard to pinpoint it, because his pass blocking looks so awkward sometimes in 3 step drop passes, but he wins more often than not.  But I think his main issue is he lets guys into his chest.  Good upside, but will probably need a year.  I still think I like Dozier better, but if he's gone and we're hellbent on taking an OG prospect in the 3rd, I wouldn't be terribly disappointed if we took Trai at 90 overall.

No, I have NO IDEA what the Colts' board looks like. Wish I did...

I am hoping we either stay pat and take Demarcus Lawrence or trade up for Attaochu. If both of them are gone, I would trade back.

I have no problem with us passing on Bucannon altogether. I actually like Howell, and I wouldn't mind taking Brock Vereen in the 5th.

Turner seems to have some potential, I just hope we don't take him at 59. I like both Turner and Bitonio, but it seems like Bitonio will be gone by 59.

Excellent!

I really don't know much about him other than what I've read here and the scouting reports but I will say that a raw guard who needs to work on fundamentals and only has 20 college games under his belt is a 3rd or 4th rounder.  If the Colts take him in the third it does not appear the be the worst thing in the world.

Demarcus has tons of potential and upside. But from what I saw on film, he has a questionable motor, but I do think he is a 3-4 OLB and not a 4-3 DE. I think he has value in the 3rd or 4th, but not the 2nd. I don't think he's a better prospect than Marcus Smith though. I watched Lawrence's game against Nevada and when he lined up across from Joel Bitonio, he got handled all day long.

I don't think Louis' 40 time was all that important. Grigson mentioned that because it speaks to Louis' athleticism, not because it was a deciding factor.

As for Turner, he had a good college career, and has good tape. I don't think taking him in the 3rd makes sense for us, but it could happen.

You make no sense. You said you had him early 4th and our late 3rd pick is just a few spots away. So YOUR research makes him not worth being our Late 3rd round pick.

Of course Grigson mentioned his speed because that measureable is often the deciding factor one player over another. He has the speed to PULL!

You make no sense. You said you had him early 4th and our late 3rd pick is just a few spots away. So YOUR research makes him not worth being our Late 3rd round pick.

Of course Grigson mentioned his speed because that measureable is often the deciding factor one player over another. He has the speed to PULL!

I said he doesn't make sense FOR US in the third. That's because of how I perceive the board vs our needs. 

And I don't think a player's 40 time is ever the "deciding factor." It might be a piece of the puzzle, but I doubt that Grigson ever says "Okay, I think these guys are pretty equal, but he ran a better 40, so he's my guy." Especially for a lineman. As it pertains to a guard, having a good 40 time doesn't mean you're a good pull blocker. There are several other factors to consider.