Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fair enough...thanks. How can you not like my mock? Curious....

I actually like the back-end. Don't mind trading a future mid round pick, but I don't think I'd do so for a DE. 

My problem is with drafting a guard in the second round, and drafting a scatback/returner in the third. I like Bodine, and I can live with Dowling and Starr. 

I don't believe you really reached out to positional coaches and line guys. Maybe you did, but I don't think you had any conversation with any of them. I'm pretty sure every team has fans who try and gain in sight on the draft by reaching out to coaches. It would be un wise to leak that information to fans. They barely answer reporters and interviewers when they ask about draft plans, so I doubt they would answer a random fan.

Yes,  i think both don't fit. I've reached out to our positional coaches and line guys. They don't quite fit.

First, welcome to the forums.  Glad you've decided to come join the fun here on these forums. 

Second, I'm not questioning what you have and have not done because I've never met you.  But I think that regardless of what the positional coaches or scouts tell you, it's all tongue in cheek.  They have dozens of people asking them for guys they like and who they want to draft.  I could ask one guy what DE he likes most, and he could say Marcus Smith.  You could ask him 30 minutes later and he might say Taylor Hart.  There's so much cloak and dagger and misinformation going on from the combine through the drafting of Mr. Irrelevant.  It's really hard to tell what these guys think and they aren't going to tip their hand for the world to see.  If they did, all it takes is one email to give another team an edge.  Insider information is only insider information if your adversary doesn't know it, ya know?  So Emmanuel may really like Hart.  But his expression of that is not to the exclusion of all other prospects.  He may like someone else better.  Who knows?

First, welcome to the forums.  Glad you've decided to come join the fun here on these forums. 

Second, I'm not questioning what you have and have not done because I've never met you.  But I think that regardless of what the positional coaches or scouts tell you, it's all tongue in cheek.  They have dozens of people asking them for guys they like and who they want to draft.  I could ask one guy what DE he likes most, and he could say Marcus Smith.  You could ask him 30 minutes later and he might say Taylor Hart.  There's so much cloak and dagger and misinformation going on from the combine through the drafting of Mr. Irrelevant.  It's really hard to tell what these guys think and they aren't going to tip their hand for the world to see.  If they did, all it takes is one email to give another team an edge.  Insider information is only insider information if your adversary doesn't know it, ya know?  So Emmanuel may really like Hart.  But his expression of that is not to the exclusion of all other prospects.  He may like someone else better.  Who knows?

Hey man...thanks! I know alot of it is smoke and mirrors during this process ( the draft ) . I happened to have a chance encounter with him (gary) and asked him about players he personally liked and the first guy he mentioned was taylor hart. He gushed about him actually. At the time, i wasn't too familiar with him ( hart) , but i've researched him since then and he makes since for the colt's on many levels. That's why i added him to my mock.

I don't believe you really reached out to positional coaches and line guys. Maybe you did, but I don't think you had any conversation with any of them. I'm pretty sure every team has fans who try and gain in sight on the draft by reaching out to coaches. It would be un wise to leak that information to fans. They barely answer reporters and interviewers when they ask about draft plans, so I doubt they would answer a random fan.

I'm not a reporter, just joe blow, so not quite the same thing in all honesty. I simply asked him whom he liked and it was taylor hart.This was many months ago, even before the combined/proday and since then gary has personally met with hart more than once. He had him do positional drills as both a 3-4 DE and a edge LB.

I actually like the back-end. Don't mind trading a future mid round pick, but I don't think I'd do so for a DE. 

My problem is with drafting a guard in the second round, and drafting a scatback/returner in the third. I like Bodine, and I can live with Dowling and Starr. 

I would love to have gabe jackson personally (similiar to larry warford) . But i'm aware we haven't met with him at all. I assume, we suspect him not to be there at 59. We've met with archer, so there's true interest there in my opinion, so that's why he's in my mock. I recently changed my starr pick to cassius marsh (whom i fell in love with) .