Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If You Were Gm Of The Colts

If you were GM of the Colts what are you doing with current players who’s contracts are getting ready to expire? What are you doing with injury prone players? What are you doing with players that just aren’t producing up to satisfactory levels? And what are you doing about it via free agency and this years draft? Assuming with the draft that we trade down one time which is very realistic, who is the team we trade with from our pick #1 and what players if any are we getting from them in addition to what draft pick(s)?

Scenario: Who are you cutting?

What players are getting their contracts re-worked if any?

What free agent players are you bringing back if any?

What free agents are you pursuing if any?

Who are you drafting and with what picks from the trade down scenario?

If you were GM of the Colts what are you doing with current players who’s contracts are getting ready to expire? What are you doing with injury prone players? What are you doing with players that just aren’t producing up to satisfactory levels? And what are you doing about it via free agency and this years draft? Assuming with the draft that we trade down one time which is very realistic, who is the team we trade with from our pick #1 and what players if any are we getting from them in addition to what draft pick(s)?

Scenario: Who are you cutting? Brackett, Bullitt, Diem, Gonzo, Hughes

What players are getting their contracts re-worked if any? Clark, Freeney

What free agent players are you bringing back if any? Garcon, Mathis (letting Wayne go)

What free agents are you pursuing if any? Aubrayo Franklin for NT

Who are you drafting and with what picks from the trade down scenario? Not sure if I want to trade down from the No.1 pick. If not, I trade down.

So that means you are drafting Andrew Luck otherwise you are trading down? Well if Wayne is walking who are you drafting to replace him, I would like to see who you are drafting as of right now given your GM decisions.

Oh, I forgot to mention I would like to bring back Saturday and Pollak (should be cheap) as well.

To me, Starbucks makes money selling coffee. Yes, the bread and muffins in the shelves need to be re-stocked but coffee is the main staple of the business.

Along those lines, our passing offense needs a makeover if someone other than Peyton, in my assumed case Luck is going to be drafted. Yes, the D needs infusion of some talent too but our O had taken a step back in 2010 with Yards per passing attempt, and lack of a running game. We did go O-line heavy this year at the top of the draft to plan for the future and got a starter for the D-line in Nevis and RB in Carter as well, so the O-line and running game has been somewhat addressed. I also believe that with our current defensive personnel, with just a few draft picks, we can be a better 4-3 D with a better 4-3 DC. I do not buy the fact that our team is a bunch of crap players. So, this was a mock I made before (assuming no trade downs, if a trade down happens, so be it):

Pick No.1: Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford

Round 2: Dwight Jones, WR, North Carolina (future weapon for Luck)

Round 3: Casey Hayward, CB, Vanderbilt

Round 4: Jaye Howard, DT, Florida

Round 5: Tyler Nielsen, OLB, Iowa / Jacquies Smith, DE, Missouri (whoever is available)

Round 6: Kevious Watkins, OG, South Carolina/Joe Adams, WR, Arkansas (whoever is available)

Round 7: Kevin Koger, TE, Michigan

Edited by chad72

Who are you cutting?

Gary Brackett

Possibly Melvin Bullitt and Jerry Hughes

Dwight Freeney - FA in 2013, gives him a new contract with a signing bonus instead of the cap heavy 2012 salary.

Robert Mathis

Pierre Garcon

Mike Pollak - If Saturday retires. Then Pollak plays center

- Letting Reggie Wayne walk. Colts will receive a 3rd or 4th round compensatory pick (not included in my draft)

CB Carlos Rogers - probably stays with Niners.

DT Aubrayo Franklin - got very little interest this off season. Could be a bargain in 2012 free agency

(Pursues DE Israel Idonije if the Colts can't retain Robert Mathis)

Trades the possible #1 overall pick. Washington, Seattle, and Miami are all going to have interest in it. All teams are going to draft within the top 7. Trades at least their respective 1st, 2nd and 3rd in 2012 for the 1st overall pick (plus additional picks in 2013).

Rd 1: WR Justin Blackmon OR CB Morris Claiborne

Rd 2: CB Alfonzo Dennard/Stephon Gilmore OR WR Dwight Jones

Rd 2: OL Kelechi Osemele

Rd 3: S Mark Barron

Rd 3: WR Kendall Wright

Rd 4: DT Dontari Poe

Might even trade further down in the 1st: If Cleveland drafts after Denver, they want to move ahead of them and select RB Trent Richardson and sends their 1st and 2nd to the Colts (their two 1st rounders is unrealistic I think). Denver could do the same.

Rd 1: CB Morris Claiborne

Rd 2: WR Dwight Jones

Rd 2: LB D'onta Hightower

Rd 2: OL Kelechi Osemele OR S TJ McDonald

Rd 3: OL Cordy Glenn/Kevin Zeitler OR S Mark Barron

Rd 3: WR Kendall Wright

Rd 4: DT Dontari Poe

Trades our 2013 2nd round pick (will probably be low in the 2nd) for LB Lance Briggs if the Colts can work the cap and afford a new contract for Briggs.

Can anyone tell me the last time a team had the number 1 pick in the draft and traded down?

A lot of times, the lack of a rookie salary wage was cost prohibitive for teams to move up to get the No.1 pick.

The last instance is when Eli did not want to go to the Chargers in 2004 as pick No.1 and the Giants at No.4 swapped their first round picks in 2004, then gave up the next year's (2005) first round pick (Shawne Merriman) and a third round pick in 2004 (Nate Kaeding). Not that much if you ask me since the Giants were a high draft pick too.

So, I doubt any team that is at No.2 or No.3, outside the swap of their first round picks, is going to give more than another first round pick for Andrew Luck in the next year's draft, and a 2nd or 3rd rounder in the same draft. But then, if Andrew Luck wins enough with the team he is traded to, the first round draft pick may not be as high as you think it may be, that is the downside you have to plan for. The Chargers picked 12th in the next draft (2005), and thus the Giants improved 8 spots (from No.4 in 2004), and the Chargers got Shawne Merriman in 2005.

The best deals will come from teams that are outside the top 5 that want to move up to No.1, easier said than done.

Edited by chad72

A lot of times, the lack of a rookie salary wage was cost prohibitive for teams to move up to get the No.1 pick.

The last instance is when Eli did not want to go to the Chargers in 2004 as pick No.1 and the Giants at No.4 swapped their first round picks in 2004, then gave up the next year's (2005) first round pick (Shawne Merriman) and a third round pick in 2004 (Nate Kaeding). Not that much if you ask me since the Giants were a high draft pick too.

So, I doubt any team that is at No.2 or No.3, outside the swap of their first round picks, is going to give more than another first round pick for Andrew Luck in the next year's draft, and a 2nd or 3rd rounder in the same draft. But then, if Andrew Luck wins enough with the team he is traded to, the first round draft pick may not be as high as you think it may be, that is the downside you have to plan for. The Chargers picked 12th in the next draft (2005), and thus the Giants improved 8 spots (from No.4 in 2004), and the Chargers got Shawne Merriman in 2005.

The best deals will come from teams that are outside the top 5 that want to move up to No.1, easier said than done.

Cheers for that. Having done more research I was thinking more along the lines of the 2001 draft when San Diego traded down the no. 1 pick to Atlanta before the draft, who had the 5th pick. Atlanta gave up a 2002 2nd rounder, their 2001 3rd round pick and WR Tim Dwight to move up.

@MKDK- It seems to me like you have been reading what I post on here because we sure do have similar thought processes. If we trade with Miami, in addition to draft picks, I think the Colts can get Vonte Davis, allowing them to wait for Janoris Jenkins or Alfonzo Denard in the late first round/ early second. Idonije would come cheap and he is a good overall defensive end, against both the pass and run, in a post I did a month ago I mentioned the exact same scenario. I think we should either draft Barron or pursue Larron Landry, and we need some impact NT, I love Dontari Poe, but there is no way he is available past the second/ early third round. I think you should take a look at the cbs sports big board, some of your names, which I like and have in my mocks are gone by the second round. And I wanted Briggs to be traded here when he complained about his contract, Colts need another impact linebacker!

Cutting: Bullitt, Addai

Re-Signing: Garcon, Wayne, Saturday, Wheeler

Not Re-sign: Mathis, Gonzo, Lacey, Deim, Sims,

Other FAs: Juqua Parker

Trades: Trade 6th round pick to Packers for Saftey Charlie Peprah, Trade Brackett to Eagles for 4th round Pick

Draft: 1- Andrew Luck QB Stanford, 2- Chase Minnifeild CB Virginia, 3- Josh Chapman DT Alabama, 4- Julian Miller DE Virginia Tech, 4- Sean Spence LB Miami, 5- AJ Jenkins WR Illinois, 7- Antoine McClain G Clemson

Starting line up

QB: Manning, RB: Carter, WR: Wayne & Garcon & Collie, TE: Clark

LT: Costanzo, LG: Reitz, C: Saturday, RG: Ijalana, RT: Linkenbach

LE: Freeney, DT: Nevis, DT: Parker, RE: Hughes

LOLB: Wheeler, MLB: Angerer, ROLB: Conner

CB: Powers, FS: Bethea, SS: Peprah, CB: Minnifeild

Players that are getting cut: I don't believe in cutting players who want to contribute to this team as long as they have a fair cost.

Players that are getting there contracts reworked or taking a paycut are: LB Gary Brackett, SS Melvin Bullit (I don't know how much he is making so he might not need a paycut), TE Dallas Clark. Mainly guys that are injured who need

Free agent players to bring back: I would without question bring back Reggie Wayne and Robert Mathis, although not overpriced. I would bring back Pierre Garcon, Jeff Saturday, and Mike Pollak as well. Philip Wheeler looks like a solid young player at OLB so I will keep him as well. Players like Ryan Diem will have to play their ways into new contracts that are not over priced. Veterans like him are important if they can still compete at a high level. I can't think of any other free agents on our team after this year though. All players will have a chance to return if they want too, but they can't cost too much and they have to earn their ways into a new contract. As you can tell I am very loyal to our players.

Free agents that I am pursuing: Bob Sanders SS. :) You may think that sounds crazy since he got injured again with the Chargers, but if he wants to play for the colts next year while being fairly cheap then I'm all for it. When healthy, he has so much upside for this team. Otherwise, I don't really think that free agency is a good idea unless we can get an impact player who is reasonalby priced, such as Bob Sanders.

The players that I am drafting: I still think that the colts will have the #2 pick, not the number 1 pick after this season is over. ;) My trade scenario is to the Cleveland Browns because they have 2 first round picks, which is what we need if we want to get the 2 players I want. We trade the 2nd overall pick for the 8th, 20th, and 40th picks of Cleveland. The draft picks are as follows:

8th overall - Morris Claiborne, CB LSU

20th overall - Brandon Thompson, DT Clemson

34th overall - Kelechi Osemele, OT/OG Iowa State

40th overall - Ray Ray Armstrong, SS Miami / Mark Barron, SS Alabama

2nd pick, round 3 - Jeff Fuller, WR Texas A&M , maybe Stephon Gilmore, CB South Carolina if he falls this far.

After the 3rd round, I don't know much about the rest of the prospects.

2nd pick, round 4 - Trumaine Johnson, CB Montana , Jeff Fuller if he falls this far.

2nd pick, round 5 - Cyrus Gray, RB Texas A&M

2nd pick, round 6 - Jaquiz Smith, DE Missouri

2nd pick, round 7 - I have no idea, I guess Derek Mowe, WR Penn State

I think we are supposed to get some conditional picks this year from losing guys like Charlie Johnson and Clint Session to free agency.

@MKDK- It seems to me like you have been reading what I post on here because we sure do have similar thought processes. If we trade with Miami, in addition to draft picks, I think the Colts can get Vonte Davis, allowing them to wait for Janoris Jenkins or Alfonzo Denard in the late first round/ early second. Idonije would come cheap and he is a good overall defensive end, against both the pass and run, in a post I did a month ago I mentioned the exact same scenario. I think we should either draft Barron or pursue Larron Landry, and we need some impact NT, I love Dontari Poe, but there is no way he is available past the second/ early third round. I think you should take a look at the cbs sports big board, some of your names, which I like and have in my mocks are gone by the second round. And I wanted Briggs to be traded here when he complained about his contract, Colts need another impact linebacker!

Sorry to dissappiont you, but I haven't read your posts - you sound like a reasonable guy though ;) These are all my own views.

If we trade from #1 to #2, it would be great to get Vontae Davis in a trade. The Colts desperately need help at corner. The #2 spot isn't a whole lot worse/better than #1 for the Colts, however they would get additional picks. I think in this scenario (drafting in the #2 spot and not being able to trade back) I would take Matt Barkley (and as said, hopefully get Vontae Davis in the trade). That's the best value and he's not that much off Andrew Luck.

I have seen Barron projected anywhere from top 2nd round to mid 3rd round, so the 1st pick in the 3rd round isn't out of order when mocking this early.

For Poe i haven't seen him projected higher than the 3rd (and most places I've looked he's in the 4th), so again the top pick in the 4th round I would say is a legitimate guess. I'm really impressed by this guy! He's isn't out of shape as Terrence Cody, and he doesn't move like a 350 pound guy - and I'm not even one of those screaming for a big body guy. I just like Dontari Poe.

CBS - or NFL Draft Scout who provides the scouting - do not have projection for juniors as of yet.

I still think that the colts will have the #2 pick, not the number 1 pick after this season is over. ;) My trade scenario is to the Cleveland Browns because they have 2 first round picks, which is what we need if we want to get the 2 players I want. We trade the 2nd overall pick for the 8th, 20th, and 40th picks of Cleveland. The draft picks are as follows:

I seriously doubt that Cleveland will pursue a QB. As it is, there is absolutely no supporting cast for Colt McCoy and the conditions wouldn't be better for a new QB. So why in the world would Clevelan move up to the #2 spot? Don't get me wrong I would love to see us getting Claiborne and Thompson, but it's not going to happen.

I seriously doubt that Cleveland will pursue a QB. As it is, there is absolutely no supporting cast for Colt McCoy and the conditions wouldn't be better for a new QB. So why in the world would Clevelan move up to the #2 spot? Don't get me wrong I would love to see us getting Claiborne and Thompson, but it's not going to happen.

Don't be so short sighted, there are positions in the NFL other than quarterback. I guess I should have mentioned that Cleveland is in need of a top WR because Colt McCoy needs more weapons, they could also go DE in their new 4-3 front this year. There will be competition for the Browns from teams who want to get a quarterback such as Mat Barkley or Landry Jones #2 overall.

Don't be so short sighted, there are positions in the NFL other than quarterback. I guess I should have mentioned that Cleveland is in need of a top WR because Colt McCoy needs more weapons, they could also go DE in their new 4-3 front this year. There will be competition for the Browns from teams who want to get a quarterback such as Mat Barkley or Landry Jones #2 overall.

Not being short sighted, but realistic. The Browns are not giving up their two 1st rounders to get to the #2 spot. They'll be happy with either Trent Richardson, Justin Blackmon or Alshon Jeffery, so they are not going to invest heavily to get one of them. Even if they were, they wouldn't move to #2, but more like #4 or #5. They might even have a shot at getting Trent Richardson with their own 1st and Michael Floyd with the other.

I have to admit, at this point I don't think any team with two picks would move up in the draft unless it would be New England, and they would target either Jeffrey or Blackmon, as New England needs a play making wide receiver on the outside. Cincy for the most part is very conservative, especially with the draft, they patiently waited for Andy Dalton last year, when teams were making all kinds of moves up to get quarterbacks. They will wait again and take best available player who also fills a need for them with their two first round picks, that I am sure they are more than content with. Cleveland will also hold onto their two picks and probably take Trent Richardson as they are very unhappy with Peyton Hillis, and they will take the best available wide receiver Blackmon or Floyd at that point. So I have to agree I can only really see New England moving up possibly to take an impact wide receiver, this is also kind of unlikely because they have some pressing needs on defense as well. Therefore I only see the Colts really trading back with one team (Miami) who desperately need a QB, other teams like San Francisco, Seattle, Washington, Denver, may be interested in the #1 slot for Luck from the Colts. My money is on Miami, and we need to get the most we can from them in picks and players like Vonte Davis and Paul Soliai. This will also allow us to determine what we need to draft if we get one or both of these players in addition to draft picks.

@Oobie- Jaqua Parker is certainly not a NT, in fact he is not even a defensive tackle, he is a defensive end used in a rotation now that they brought in Jason Babin to pair with Trent Cole. I love your suggestion of trading Brackett to the Eagles for a fourth round pick, maybe we could pair that and move back up into the third round. I don’t see the Packers trading Peprah, the last two season because of injuries the guy has gotten tremendous amounts of playing time. And Nick Collins career could be in jeopardy with that neck injury that has cost him at least this season.

Not being short sighted, but realistic. The Browns are not giving up their two 1st rounders to get to the #2 spot. They'll be happy with either Trent Richardson, Justin Blackmon or Alshon Jeffery, so they are not going to invest heavily to get one of them. Even if they were, they wouldn't move to #2, but more like #4 or #5. They might even have a shot at getting Trent Richardson with their own 1st and Michael Floyd with the other.

Alshon Jeffery and Justin Blackmon probably won't reach the 8th pick, and Trent Richardson could be gone too. Also, don't tell me which teams will be happy with a different player instead because you don't know that.

Also, the #2 overall pick worth more than their 2 first rounders. This is a trade value chart for the NFL draft: http://walterfootball.com/draftchart.php

I have to admit, at this point I don't think any team with two picks would move up in the draft unless it would be New England, and they would target either Jeffrey or Blackmon, as New England needs a play making wide receiver on the outside. Cincy for the most part is very conservative, especially with the draft, they patiently waited for Andy Dalton last year, when teams were making all kinds of moves up to get quarterbacks. They will wait again and take best available player who also fills a need for them with their two first round picks, that I am sure they are more than content with. Cleveland will also hold onto their two picks and probably take Trent Richardson as they are very unhappy with Peyton Hillis, and they will take the best available wide receiver Blackmon or Floyd at that point. So I have to agree I can only really see New England moving up possibly to take an impact wide receiver, this is also kind of unlikely because they have some pressing needs on defense as well. Therefore I only see the Colts really trading back with one team (Miami) who desperately need a QB, other teams like San Francisco, Seattle, Washington, Denver, may be interested in the #1 slot for Luck from the Colts. My money is on Miami, and we need to get the most we can from them in picks and players like Vonte Davis and Paul Soliai. This will also allow us to determine what we need to draft if we get one or both of these players in addition to draft picks.

Alshon Jeffery, Justin Blackmon, and Trent Richardson might not even get out of the top 7 picks, so Cleveland could be left out in your situation.

Alshon Jeffery, Justin Blackmon, and Trent Richardson might not even get out of the top 7 picks, so Cleveland could be left out in your situation.

New England needs a corner or a top LB...MUCH more than a WR.

..but I think you are right..they wont give us 2 No.1s for the overall No.1

..and Cincy seems quite happy with Dalton..although that could change...quickly

Cleveland needs the overall No.1.....Colt just aint makin' it at QB..

But if Miami is No. 2 or ...they can give us their No. 1 and No. 2 for the overall No.1

..and dont shoot me..

But we could send the overall No.1 to Denver for their top two picks and Tim Tebow....whom they dont really want

That would give us 3 of the first 35 picks..and John Elway would get Andrew Luck..

Tebow might be the perfect backup to Manning

Well, let us think about this logically based on the current pick order, and what teams have two first round picks. The teams are Cincinnati, Cleveland, and New England. Of the three Cincy is the most conservative as I mentioned so they probably will not move up to acquire any one particular player. This leaves the Browns and Patriots, New England has a dire need for a wide receiver as does Cleveland, so there could be some jockeying between those two. The top twelve power rankings looks as follows based on record and team needs:

· Indy- CB,NT,SS,OLB

· Miami- QB,RB,DE/OLB

· St. Louis- OT,WR,CB,LB

· Arizona- OT,WR,OLB,CB

· Seattle- QB,RB,DL,LB,CB

· Jacksonville- DE,WR,CB,OL

· Washington- QB,WR,RB,OL

· Cleveland- WR,DE,LB,OL

· Denver- WR,QB,RB,DL

· Tennessee- DE,WR,S,LB

· Carolina-WR,CB,DL,OL

· Minnesota- OT,WR,DL,CB

That means we are looking at eight of eleven teams having wide receiver as a need just in the top eleven, so your theory could be true. However based on pressing need, Cleveland, Carolina, and Denver are all wide receiver. It is difficult to get in the mindset of teams, but usually one trade down is all you get, especially when a team will see you trade Luck away, obviously you aren’t going quarterback, and they will see the needs of others in front of them and determine their course of action. Cincy probably won’t trade up, Cleveland could if they really want Coples or Jeffrey, and Patriots have a lot of defensive needs so they may be patient, but this could be the time they use their two late first round picks and move up for Jeffrey, although their picks are their own and from the Saints so we are talking two in the twenties picks, which we probably wouldn’t want. Of all three teams I think it would be Cleveland, who may want Jeffrey or Coples and would be the only trade partner of the prized two first round draft picks, otherwise it’s going to be Miami or San Francisco who want Luck!

Alshon Jeffery and Justin Blackmon probably won't reach the 8th pick, and Trent Richardson could be gone too. Also, don't tell me which teams will be happy with a different player instead because you don't know that.

Also, the #2 overall pick worth more than their 2 first rounders. This is a trade value chart for the NFL draft: http://walterfootbal.../draftchart.php

You are of course entitled to your opinion.

But I will though hold onto my statement that Cleveland would not move to the #2 spot. Because the top 3 could easily be Luck, Barkley and Kalil. So as I said, more like the #4 and after. Whether it will be Richardson, Blackmon or Jeffrey...

Scenario: Who are you cutting? Hughes, Gonzales, Lacey, and some OL

What players are getting their contracts re-worked if any? Freeney

What free agent players are you bringing back if any? Anderson, Mathis

What free agents are you pursuing if any? DeSean Jackson, Darnell Dockett,

Trade #1 pick to Cleveland for their 2 #1 picks and 3 #2 picks.

Draft David DeCastro and Manti Te'o in the first

Draft Ryan Tannerhill, Jeff Fuller, Janoris Jenkins and Stephen Gilmore in the second

Who are you cutting?

Bullitt, Diem, Lacey, Moala, Foster, Brown

Freeney, Addai, Clarke, Gonzalez

Wayne, Garcon, Saturday

COLTS NEEDS ON DEFENSE: NT, CB, SS, OLB, DE

NT- Aubrayo Franklin and Shaun Rogers (Bargain Free Agent Targets)

Mike Zimmer or Steve Spagnuolo brought in as the new head coach, the proof is in the pudding of the magic they work on defense. Both use variations of the 4-3 and believe in man coverage and tough physical play from the line.

The Colts should demand a huge return for the #1 pick for the Luck sweepstakes, acquiring players and lots of draft picks. I am trading the pick to Miami for Jake Long LT, Vonte Davis and their first and second round draft picks this year. I would then trade Mathis to the Browns and the #2 overall pick for their two first round picks and their second round pick. I would also trade Gary Brackett to a team in need of a MLB (Eagles and Giants) for a third rounder.

Round One (Pick #8 From Browns)- Quinton Coples DE North Carolina

Round One (Pick #25 From Browns)- Vontaze Burfict OLB AZ State

Round Two (Pick #33)- Kelechi Osemele OG

Round Two (Pick #34 From Dolphins)- Dontari Poe NT Memphis

Round Two (Pick #40 From Browns)- Mark Barron SS Alabama

Round Three (Pick #65)- Jeff Fuller WR Texas A&M

Round Three (Pick #80 From Giants)- Lavonte David OLB Nebraska

Round Four (Pick #98)- Cliff Harris CB Oregon

Round Five- Alex Okafur DE Texas

Round Six- Russel Wilson QB Wisconsin

Round Seven- Quinton Saulsberry C Clemson

Round Seven- Foswhitt Whittaker RB Texas

Depth Chart:

QB: Manning, Russel Wilson, Curtis Painter

RB: Addai, Delone Carter, Foswhitt Whittaker

WR1: Wayne, Gonzalez TE: Clarke LG: Kelechi Osemele

WR2: Fuller, Collie LT: Jake Long RG: Ijalana

WR3: Garcon, White RT: Anthony Castonzo C: Saturday

DE: Freeney / Alex Okafur DT: Nevis / Mookie

DE: Quinton Coples / Anderson NT: Franklin or Rodgers / Poe

SAM: Vontaze Burfict / Hughes Mike: Angerer Will: Lavonte David / Conner

CB1: Vonte Davis CB2: Powers CB3: Cliff Harris CB4: Rucker

SS- Mark Barron FS: Bethea

DEFENSE: 4-3 Under and Cover 2 (Man Coverage)

Brackett and Bullitt are cut, its their job to tackle and this their second season ending injuries. Both shoulders again, not good for tacklers. Wayne is coming back cause who has better time with peyton. Nobody. As much as he drops passes Garcon is come back to. Mathis and Freeney are a top 3 if not the best pass rushing duo, so yes he's coming back as well. Satuardayand Diem are back for 1 or 2 more years for vet leadership on the o line. Good bye coach head coach and DC coach. Hello new head coach Jeff Fisher and new DC coach don't know yet or let jeff deciede. Free agents, sure there are a couple but will demand to much money and will hurt our cap room. So sadly free agents will only fill in back up roles. For the draft say we do get the first pick. Now what we do here it all depends on peytons health. We been picking in the mid 20s or lower for the pass 10 years so this is a big big draft for us which we can not offord to mess up. Say he's good to go best he felt in years. We trade down no lower than th 8th spot for the 1st and 2nd. More if we can get it but I don't see it happening. So for the 8th over all pick in the 2012 draft the colt select CB Morris Claiborne (we need a cb next to powers who I like.) Second round 33rd pick OG Osemele, the 40th pick NT/DT Ta'amu or Poe. I know Thompson and Worthy will both both be gone. We need a NT that must be double teamed this is hugh for a number of reasons. First it will free up Mathis, Freeney and allow Nevis to act as a 3rd pass rusher since he has a quick first step. Second we so badly need a run stuffer someone to give our linebackers time to read and react to the ball. For our thrid round pick SS Ray Ray Armstrong. These four picks alone will help so much. For the 4th-7th round its up in the air but the first 3 rounds is vital. Our offense will jump back to the top when Peyton comes back with a better o line and running game, and a better defense. How's this sound?

If the Colts are trading back from #1 overall, we need to get lots of value there, if its with Miami, either Vonte Davis CB, Jake Long LT, or Paul Soliai NT, and their first, second, and fourth rounders this year! If the Colts get Vonte Davis they don’t need to go Claiborne number one, could go another direction, and it depends where we are drafting, Colts may not find a trade partner other than Miami at two, and I think Claiborne could be a reach at #2 overall. But otherwise your picks are onboard with the consensus, CB, NT,SS,OL have to be selected, as well as OLB!

Who are you cutting?

Collins, Brayton, Johnson, Brackett, Bullitt, Lacey

Clark, Freeney

Gronkowski, Wayne, Garcon, Gonzalez, Tamme, Diem, Reitz, Saturday, Pollak, Mathis, Anderson, Foster, Wheeler, Sims(STs)

NT or CB/KR

1st CB

2nd SS

3rd DT

4th LB

5th OG

6th FS

7th TE

Scenario: Who are you cutting? Donald Brown and Gonzo. Also Brackett and Bullitt unless they both restructure for minimal contracts. Jerry Hughes could be cut depending on what happens with renegotiations, FA and draft.

What players are getting their contracts re-worked if any? Freeney, Clark, Addai, Manning if he's willing to take a lesser contract to have more cap space to build up the rest of the team.

What free agent players are you bringing back if any? Wayne, Mathis, Saturday, Jamal Anderson and maybe Ernie Sims and Tyler Brayton depending on what happens with Mathis and in the draft.

my draft scenarios are here: http://forums.colts....012-mock-draft/

:)

Jason- Come on bro, go the extra distance, what are you requiring from a team for the number one overall pick, and what team are you trading with for what pick(s) or player(s). Use your ideal scenario if you were GM, as to who you would trade the #1 pick with cause we know you also do not want Luck. So finish it out and do a new mock with all this in mind. :D

There are three QB's who are going to crowd the top 5 picks of this draft, so teams like Miami and Washington may not move at all. They may take their chances with Jones or Barkley. Cleveland will absolutely not trade their two picks for another QB pick. McCoy is a good QB, but he has no help, whatsoever. Even Hillis is becoming a liability. They will look WR or DE early (as only a * takes HB high), and there are plenty of prospects at those positions right around the area of Cleveland's picks.

We also see a pattern every year, right before the draft, where a slew of unexpected QB's suddenly move up in value. That often pushes other players down (hence, the reason we got Castonzo), so don't be too surprised if a lot of teams in need of QB help don't offer us anything for Luck. The way this NCAA season is going, he's starting to lose his lead to the competition a bit, and it's no longer "Luck or Bust" among the QB's. Some of these other guys would have been #1 overall picks during a season without Luck.

There are three QB's who are going to crowd the top 5 picks of this draft, so teams like Miami and Washington may not move at all. They may take their chances with Jones or Barkley. Cleveland will absolutely not trade their two picks for another QB pick. McCoy is a good QB, but he has no help, whatsoever. Even Hillis is becoming a liability. They will look WR or DE early (as only a * takes HB high), and there are plenty of prospects at those positions right around the area of Cleveland's picks.

We also see a pattern every year, right before the draft, where a slew of unexpected QB's suddenly move up in value. That often pushes other players down (hence, the reason we got Castonzo), so don't be too surprised if a lot of teams in need of QB help don't offer us anything for Luck. The way this NCAA season is going, he's starting to lose his lead to the competition a bit, and it's no longer "Luck or Bust" among the QB's. Some of these other guys would have been #1 overall picks during a season without Luck.

Runningbacks are worth top 10 picks if they are good enough. Adrian Peterson was definitely worth a top 10 pick for the Vikings.

I hope this isn't the case and Luck can hold his value so teams will mortgage everything to the Colts to help rebuild the quality of the team! I think Richardson has potential to be a star in the NFL, Addai can't stay healthy, why shouldn't a guy with that ability be considered?

I don't think Luck's value is going to drop. But he might get competition from Barkley, and as Doogan says, it's not Luck or Bust.

The interesting thing could be if Barkley decided to stay a Trojan for his senior year. He's a true junior, and right now a bit in the shadow of Andrew Luck. If he feels that USC can compete for a national championsship next year he could possibly decide to stay and then be in strong contention for the 1st overall pick in 2013.

That would be an interesting development for the Colts, as the interest in Luck would increase.

Scenario: Who are you cutting? - Brackett, Lacey, Clark, Gonzo

What players are getting their contracts re-worked if any? - Addai (if he doesn't negotiate then hes gone as well), gonzo huges and bullitt.

What free agent players are you bringing back if any? Mathis, wayne if the price is right, Garcon, saturday

Who are you drafting and with what picks from the trade down scenario? trade 1st to mia for their 2nd, 3rd and 5th this year, and 1st and 3rd next. Trade back again to 4-6 range for their 2nd, 3rd this year and 2nd, 4th next. Trade back one last time to 8-12 range for 2nd, 3rd this year and 3rd next.

1st - Claiborne - DB

2nd - David decastro - RG

2nd- Mark Barron - SS

2nd- Kevin Zeitler - LG

2nd- Dontari Poe - NT

3rd - Kendall wright - WR

3rd - Chris rainey - WR/RB

3rd - Janoris Jenkins - DB

4th - Sean Spence -OLB

4th - Cameron Chism - DB

5th - Jeff demps - RB/KR/slot

5th - Josh oglesby - OT