Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trade Whalen, Brazil or Rodgers

OldSchoolColt

Yes, these players are not just good backups, but have a lot of potential. But this is my point. We are overly blessed at the WR position. Why not try to trade one of them for a player at another position where we need more depth and try to get someone that is a good backup with lots of potential? That is what trading is all about. Trade what you have extra of for what you need. Last year these guys proved they can do well. You know we are going to have injures, so we need to be deeper than we are. Bad idea? Is there anyone else that would be trade material? :thinking:

Yes, these players are not just good backups, but have a lot of potential. But this is my point. We are overly blessed at the WR position. Why not try to trade one of them for a player at another position where we need more depth and try to get someone that is a good backup with lots of potential? That is what trading is all about. Trade what you have extra of for what you need. Last year these guys proved they can do well. You know we are going to have injures, so we need to be deeper than we are. Bad idea? Is there anyone else that would be trade material? :thinking:

You would think you being a Colts fan you'd know how the injury bug is here in Indy. Let's say Reggie & Nicks go down this year...... who is Andrew gonna throw to with Whalen, Rogers, or Brazill gone?

None of them have trade value anyway.

We traded a few guys last year that had no value. The thing is, you end up trading for a guy that has no value to that team but might to ours.

Obviously we wouldn't get much, but maybe a needed backup. Like a center with some experience?

Bad idea.... People say we are "overly blessed" until injuries begin occurring again!! People act like the Colts are not injury prone! Keep our guys and just draft players at other positions for that good potential.

As many receivers as the colts have looked at I expect one or more will be traded maybe two for pick or used to move up the draft board . Why look at all those receivers knowing none of our guys are PS eligible . If we did get anyone good in the draft we would have to just release one or put them on the Ps to get plucked by another team .

This is what I don't understand.  One thread talking about trading one of our young receivers and something else talking about taking a receiver with our first draft pick.  Leave the receivers alone this year.  We have 3 really good receivers and 3 with a lot of potential between them.  Leave them alone and deal with this "problem" next year.

Trade Rodgers? Yeah, let's trade a future number 1 receiver.

We picked Rogers up off a not so good Buffalo PS for nothing. I'm not saying Rogers will not be good I really like his potential.

But he has absolutely zero trade value at this point.

Hopefully that will change after this season.

Little to no trade value

Team has one aging WR coming off of a season ending injury and another who is on a one year deal

It's probably not a good ideal to shuffle around too many of a QBs receivers too early in his career.

No thanks.

I don`t know. Is there another Su_ _ _ _, I mean Grigson out there who would trade us a mid4 for Brazill.

Andrews completion % to him was low 40`s as i recall. That is actually Really Bad for those of you who don`t know that.

We traded a few guys last year that had no value. The thing is, you end up trading for a guy that has no value to that team but might to ours.

Obviously we wouldn't get much, but maybe a needed backup. Like a center with some experience?

Decent centers are hard to come by. The only team I can think of is Carolina who might be interested in a WR with some experience. With Wayne coming off his injury and Hicks not proven himself yet I think I would stand pat. If a team made an offer that was worth it maybe? Also you must keep in mind that Wayne might be in his last year, who knows.

None of those guys can get more than a 6th (and that's probably pushing it).

id say that's pushing it as Whalen spent a lot of time off the roster and no one signed him. We got Rodgers after he had been released last year and spent a lot of time on our practice squad and no one grabbed him. Brazil has shown the most flashes of the group but not enough that I could see a team parting with something for him.

For those saying these guys have no trade value, remember we were able to trade Delone Carter and we also traded Clifton Geathers for Stanley Havili who has become a key part of our offense.

Clearly, you wouldn't be getting a stud or a top pick in exchange but you could get a fringe player in a position of need who could come in and help (ala Havili, Josh Gordy).

I'm not saying we should trade any of them but I can see Grigson pulling off another fringe player for fringe player trade as he like to do.

It would be Brazil or Rogers as part of a package to move up. I think Brazil has more value because of his KR abilities. I am pretty high on Brazil coming into his 3rd year. I could and have feared Brazil being part of a draft day package to get another pick in the top 150. WR is the position we have the most depth at. I realize that it is loaded position in the draft but it typically takes the normal WR 3 yrs to put it all together

Before all the board "guru's" start in with me explaiining  Brazil isn't worth a top 150 pick I said package it would obviously take a future pick as well but I would not be shocked if Grigs didn't m0ve around or get us an extra pick somewhere somehow.

For those saying these guys have no trade value, remember we were able to trade Delone Carter and we also traded Clifton Geathers for Stanley Havili who has become a key part of our offense.

Clearly, you wouldn't be getting a stud or a top pick in exchange but you could get a fringe player in a position of need who could come in and help (ala Havili, Josh Gordy).

I'm not saying we should trade any of them but I can see Grigson pulling off another fringe player for fringe player trade as he like to do.

Personally,   when I say little to no trade value,  I don't mean absolutely zero.

We might indeed get a 6 or a 7 in a trade for one them.    But,  what's the point of that?!?

I'd rather have Brazil or Whalen or Rogers than a 6 or a 7.    Even in this draft.

I thought the OP meant let's trade one of them hoping to get something like a 5,  maybe even a 4?    And I think there's ZERO chance of that.....

Hope that clarifies my view....

Personally, when I say little to no trade value, I don't mean absolutely zero.

We might indeed get a 6 or a 7 in a trade for one them. But, what's the point of that?!?

I'd rather have Brazil or Whalen or Rogers than a 6 or a 7. Even in this draft.

I thought the OP meant let's trade one of them hoping to get something like a 5, maybe even a 4? And I think there's ZERO chance of that.....

Hope that clarifies my view....

My response was aimed more at the people who claimed they had "no trade value" and meant "zero" trade value. I am in complete agreement with your post. As I said I don't want to trade any of them but it's something I could see Grigson doing.

Folks in Buffalo know Rogers. There is tape on all these guys we aren't talking about fans we are talking about GM's who know all the players.

I think the progress Brazil has made shows on tape as does Rogers potential. Again it would take a package but I could see Grigs making it work.

There are a few teams that are very thin a WR not the best FA's yr Decker was supposedly the best. WR isn't typically a postilion a rookie makes a huge impact.

Grigs packaging Brazil has been a fear in the back of my mind for a minute. I think that kid is ready to burst onto the scene. That is just my opinion. Again it is usually the 3rd year a WR makes his big jump if he is making it. This is Brazil's 3rd year. I realize I probably won't get a lot of support on my theory but I think he can play.

We have a 35 year old coming off ACL surgery and a guy on a 1 year deal who hasn't been healthy in 2 years. We are hardly "set" at the position. Only if we draft a receiver early who we absolutely cannot pass on, would we move one of the aforementioned guys. Whalen wouldn't net a bag of chips from another team though. 

Da'Rick may be able to net a low pick, but none of the rest can net anything 

You can't be serious, you wouldn't be able to get a Marsh coupon for this guy from another team...   Good Lord

Whalen and Brazil have shown at least a little potential and nobody is going to give up picks for them