Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Considering Stretching Draft to 4 Days

The NFL is considering the idea of stretching the draft to 4 days.  I don't think I like the idea of "diluting" the draft ... although if they added a couple rounds/expanded rosters at same time I could probably get on board.  I also liked the ideas of more coverage and analysis of later picks and UDFAs.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2041655-another-draft-change-is-threatening-but-more-is-still-better-for-the-nfl

Yeahhh. Bad idea.

agreed.....super bad

How can you stretch 7 rounds over 4 days...?.  In truth..3 days is too long.. It should be 2...

The NFLPA isn't going to want any more rounds...

Its better to be undrafted than to be picked in the 7th or 8th round

it won't earn more money. but more ratings and coverage.

It won't earn more ratings either. Most people only watch round 1 & 2..... maybe 3

Anything else, people lose interest too.

I know I'm one of them. I'll be watching round 1 & 2 then just check this forum for any other news. I have a short attention span so watching/waiting for the Colts name to be called just isn't for me

It won't earn more ratings either. Most people only watch round 1 & 2..... maybe 3

Anything else, people lose interest too.

I know I'm one of them. I'll be watching round 1 & 2 then just check this forum for any other news. I have a short attention span so watching/waiting for the Colts name to be called just isn't for me

Well there are also many people who know a lot of players past the third round of the draft and want to see where they end up.

I think this idea will be dismissed.....NFL reps want to be at the draft site 4 days???? Really?

Somebody has to host Day 4 of the draft...rounds 6 & 7.......and somebody has to attend....and somebody has to watch

There will be more people watching the tennis channell

ESPN isnt covering day 4 on the NFL draft...the NFL Net would..only because they have to...

Sigh.  It was so much better when it was a Saturday/Sunday event.  It's really getting old watching the NFL blatantly try to squeeze every conceivable dollar from every conceivable source.  Not that I really support a 4 day draft, but if I did at all, they should cut the first day into two separate days.  4 and 1/2 to 5 hours for the first day is just too long considering it starts at 8:00 pm.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• No one knows. The writer isn't necessarily wrong, the last time anyone saw Wentz, he was shaky mentally and a mess football-wise. Hurts wasn't any great shakes yet he was better than Wentz. We know the potential Carson has but if the national media isn't lapping it up, that's not a bad thing. Let them keep dogging Indy while we build quietly and solidly.   We all hope Frank Reich can unleash a beast who performs at levels even better than 2017 but fact is, it's May 12th and right now we don't know. Even Chris Ballard said same, just as he did about Eason, we won't know what we have until the bullets start flying.
    • Good lord. I simply posted an article from rotoworld. If you don’t like it then let them know you disagree with the people who are usually correct with the info they receive. I wasn’t aware I would be told I was wrong for posting an article from a highly reputable site. You seriously need to relax. 
    • Eh maybe but I think it was more of let’s see how the draft shakes out and who is cut yet to make room to sign the rookies they picked. There’s still teams that have to cut some players just to get under the cap once the rookies sign. 
    • Dude I agree, but our base kinda concept is T2 with their personnel I think.  They play a variety of zones and trade off a lot.  They get lost in the secondary.  It’s actually complex as hell.   It’s possible Rock and Blackmon are gonna click as they learn the system, but it’s also possible IMO they continue to play replacement level foot ball.  Rock has issues but on many of his plays he gets NO help from the safeties. they want these guys to play downhill like T2, but they have to show they can cover first.  It might work and be exciting as hell.                       I am in lockstep with the Walker thing.  That’s why you never seem to know wth this team is trying to do well with SCHEME AND PERSONNEL.   sorry for yelling.  I don’t think our ideas about this team are really very different.     Franks a pretty good coach man.
    • Wentz wasn't my favourite option when we got him but watching some of his games from his rookie and 2nd year the guy has magic, can't wait. 
  • Members

• coltsfan1965

coltsfan1965 15

• TheBlueAndWhite

TheBlueAndWhite 75

• throwing BBZ

throwing BBZ 1,224

• Dingus McGirt

Dingus McGirt 1,663

• MPStack

MPStack 3,632

• csmopar