Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Considering Stretching Draft to 4 Days

esmort

The NFL is considering the idea of stretching the draft to 4 days.  I don't think I like the idea of "diluting" the draft ... although if they added a couple rounds/expanded rosters at same time I could probably get on board.  I also liked the ideas of more coverage and analysis of later picks and UDFAs.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2041655-another-draft-change-is-threatening-but-more-is-still-better-for-the-nfl

it won't earn more money. but more ratings and coverage.

It won't earn more ratings either. Most people only watch round 1 & 2..... maybe 3

Anything else, people lose interest too.

I know I'm one of them. I'll be watching round 1 & 2 then just check this forum for any other news. I have a short attention span so watching/waiting for the Colts name to be called just isn't for me

It won't earn more ratings either. Most people only watch round 1 & 2..... maybe 3

Anything else, people lose interest too.

I know I'm one of them. I'll be watching round 1 & 2 then just check this forum for any other news. I have a short attention span so watching/waiting for the Colts name to be called just isn't for me

Well there are also many people who know a lot of players past the third round of the draft and want to see where they end up.

I think this idea will be dismissed.....NFL reps want to be at the draft site 4 days???? Really?

Somebody has to host Day 4 of the draft...rounds 6 & 7.......and somebody has to attend....and somebody has to watch

There will be more people watching the tennis channell

ESPN isnt covering day 4 on the NFL draft...the NFL Net would..only because they have to...

Sigh.  It was so much better when it was a Saturday/Sunday event.  It's really getting old watching the NFL blatantly try to squeeze every conceivable dollar from every conceivable source.  Not that I really support a 4 day draft, but if I did at all, they should cut the first day into two separate days.  4 and 1/2 to 5 hours for the first day is just too long considering it starts at 8:00 pm.