Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts 2014 season schedule

MTC

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Colts can go 12-4 or 13-3 with this schedule, IMO.

I say we split 1-1 vs Broncos-Pats, go 3-1 vs NFC East, 2-2 vs AFC North, 6-0 vs AFC South.

We historically have tough games with the Browns and Cowboys. History is meaningless when teams turn around. But the Browns are going to be good and Dallas is a tough place to play.

I'll be real happy with 10 wins and a division title.

I'm happy we get Denver first. Waiting for that game was annoying last year. Either way that won't make or break the season. Happy we get Jax and Ten after Den and Philly. I like the Schedule a lot, getting the Pats after the bye is a gift from the NFL.

Bad thing is they have their bye also. and that's after they have 2 home games in a row.

Every additional win is potentially a first round bye. Any team is going to be hard-pressed to beat the Pats or Broncos on the road.

Rather have the Broncos on the road in the playoffs in the cold and wind hopefully rather than at home with Von Miller and Ware on turf and indoors for Manning, but would want the Pats at home that's a must

Every additional win is potentially a first round bye. Any team is going to be hard-pressed to beat the Pats or Broncos on the road.

Pats schedule seems so cupcake.  I see only three legitimate possibilities of losses: Broncos, Colts, and Green Bay. I'm hoping their division rivals step up.  Don't want the Pats getting #1 overall seed.

Wow. I thought we were supposed to have the easiest schedule, but really we just got a bunch of very talented teams who had down years. Most years this is top 10 SoS, I would expect it to be that by years end.

Yeah, there's nothing easy about this schedule. Our division isn't that good, but I expect it to be notably better than it was last year. Tough AFC North division to face, and the NFC East is always competitive. Then we get Denver and New England. It will be a gauntlet, start to finish.

Pats schedule seems so cupcake.  I see only three legitimate possibilities of losses: Broncos, Colts, and Green Bay. I'm hoping their division rivals step up.  Don't want the Pats getting #1 overall seed.

The Pats win 12 or 13 games every year, regardless of schedule. We have a chance to take one of those from them, but they'll be in contention for a top record in the AFC.

Pats always struggle in San Diego and if the Chargers keep it close, with their run oriented O, they may pull it off.

Who would have thought the Pats would have road losses to Jets and Dolphins last year? I did not. Those games cost them the #1 seeding. They were 4-4 on the road last year and 8-0 at home.

I do think the head-to-head for the Broncos-Colts, Colts-Patriots, Patriots-Broncos will determine HFA in the AFC since I can see all of them ending at 12-4 or 13-3 at best. An AFC North team will be #4.

My early bets are Pats #1, Colts #2, Broncos #3, AFC North winner #4. I think the Broncos' division being better and their NFC West schedule will give them 5 losses.

Pats 13-3, Colts 12-4, Broncos 11-5, AFC North winner 11-5.

But who knows, Broncos and Pats could switch the #1 and #3 spots as well by the end of the year if the Broncos' D materializes. Regardless, I see the Colts at #2 or #3 and a matchup with the Pats or Broncos in the playoffs is inevitable, IMO, in the divisional round.

Pats always struggle in San Diego and if the Chargers keep it close, with their run oriented O, they may pull it off.

Who would have thought the Pats would have road losses to Jets and Dolphins last year? I did not. Those games cost them the #1 seeding. They were 4-4 on the road last year and 8-0 at home.

I do think the head-to-head for the Broncos-Colts, Colts-Patriots, Patriots-Broncos will determine HFA in the AFC since I can see all of them ending at 12-4 or 13-3 at best. An AFC North team will be #4.

My early bets are Pats #1, Colts #2, Broncos #3, AFC North winner #4. I think the Broncos' division being better and their NFC West schedule will give them 5 losses.

Pats 13-3, Colts 12-4, Broncos 11-5, AFC North winner 11-5.

But who knows, Broncos and Pats could switch the #1 and #3 spots as well by the end of the year if the Broncos' D materializes. Regardless, I see the Colts at #2 or #3 and a matchup with the Pats or Broncos in the playoffs is inevitable, IMO, in the divisional round.

Pats we're also really banged up.  When predicting, I assume every team is at full strength until proven otherwise.  Since 2006, Brady is 5-0 vs SD.  I don't really think SD has a chance.  Pats D will completely shut down Rivers air attack.  I agree with the head to heads.  It will be about them. I think the Pats though have the luxary of being able to go 1-1 in those games and still get homefield, while the broncos and colts will need to go 2-0 in those games to get HFA.

Since 2006, Brady is 5-0 vs SD. 

You know about my theory that 1 in 6 bucks the trend, right?

Saints, 0-5 in road playoff games, win 1 on the road finally. Flacco, 5 straight playoff appearances, he misses out on the playoffs last year. Peyton was 0-5 in Chargers-Patriots back-to-back games and the 6th game, he came back from 0-24 deficit on MNF in 2012 (he has a back-to-back this year too, oops!!!). Federer wins 5 straight Wimbledons, to be knocked out by Nadal to deny his 6th straight, much like McEnroe denied Bjorn Borg his 6th straight. Brady was 1-5 in his first 6 games vs Broncos. Broncos had lost 5 straight games to Ravens before Peyton won in Baltimore in 2012 though lost to Flacco in the playoffs. Peyton's teams had lost 5 straight 4th qtr. leads in playoff games till they held on vs the Chargers in 2014 playoffs en route to the SB. I could go on... ;)

But at some point, my pattern head sees the trends being bucked... :)

I'd rather have them in the middle of the season. It's better to open up against weaker competition and work yourself into a groove. Home vs. Jags would have been awesome.

I agree, but we got lucky to get by Oakland week 1 last year. Maybe the kick in the butt will get them going faster.

You know about my theory that 1 in 6 bucks the trend, right?

Saints, 0-5 in road playoff games, win 1 on the road finally. Flacco, 5 straight playoff appearances, he misses out on the playoffs last year. Peyton was 0-5 in Chargers-Patriots back-to-back games and the 6th game, he came back from 0-24 deficit on MNF in 2012 (he has a back-to-back this year too, oops!!!). Federer wins 5 straight Wimbledons, to be knocked out by Nadal to deny his 6th straight, much like McEnroe denied Bjorn Borg his 6th straight. Brady was 1-5 in his first 6 games vs Broncos. Peyton's teams had lost 5 straight 4th qtr. leads in playoff games till they held on vs the Chargers in 2014 playoffs en route to the SB. I could go on... ;)

But at some point, I see the trends being bucked... :)

Lol, you may be onto something.  Chargers have nothing that wows me, but they're a solid team.  I think if Rivers can get back to his 2007-2010 form, they'll be dangerous.  He was much better last year, but he never scared me.  Back in the day, I always had nightmares before games that he would torch our defense.

Wow. I thought we were supposed to have the easiest schedule, but really we just got a bunch of very talented teams who had down years. Most years this is top 10 SoS, I would expect it to be that by years end.

I am thinking the same thing as you.

We won't know what is really going on until week 3 of preseason but, we can surmise some things from the draft as well.

This is going to be a "raise the bar" kind of year for us I think. We have to out perform all of our opponents and I can see about half of those games could come down to our coaching decisions during the game.

I hope for great things but, this schedule is keeping me in check.

:beg: please, defense, be gooood! please please please stop the run!

Thursday night at Houston, after home vs Ravens. Wish that Thursday nighter was at home. Seems like we're always on the road on Thursday night.

I seen on ESPN that the Colts are 7-0 on Thursday night games. I am not positive but that is what they reported.

Pats schedule is always a cake walk. They don't average those 12 wins a season by playing good teams, never have and never will.

Apart from a handful of road games, this schedule don't seem hard at all.

You get Denver in week 1, so you get to beat up your ex-quarterback again. Very nice, considering last time they were all over him and punishing him, I'm taking the Colts in this one. Denver struggles against better teams.

Eagles and Ravens are at home, so you get a slide there.

New England at home, and come on, has Brady ever won in your stadium? He couldn't even win the Super Bowl there. Everyone loves to bash the Saints for playing horrible on the road, but New England don't look that threatening outside of Foxboro.

The main two tough games you have after bruising up your ex-QB, looks to be the Giants and Steelers on the road. Go look at the Steelers schedule too BTW, it's a cake walk for a team that started 0-6 and went 8-2 afterwards. Which speaking of, the Giants schedule is pretty easy too since all the tough games are at home this year.

The schedule is a lot easier than last season. I don't see the Colts not winning 11 or 12 games on this one. I'm taking them over Denver, New England, and the Eagles, and I'm iffy on Baltimore, while I'm going against them in Pittsburgh and New Yuck.

Your toughest games are going to be divisional opponents. Always remember that, and the Texans nearly beat you last year.

I don't see where there is a lot to worry about. The Skins game should be full of comedy considering how bad they truly do suck. If you are wondering why "Luck vs RGIII" is not primetime, well there you go - The Skins are a garbage team. The league knows this. They will do the usual, and win around 5 games or less, so what's the sense in wasting a primetime slot just to see them get blown out by the Colts? I'm shocked they still even get primetime games, they are one of the sorriest franchises in the league ever since Synder bought the team.

Pats schedule is always a cake walk. They don't average those 12 wins a season by playing good teams, never have and never will.

Idiocy. The AFC East actually had more wins last year than the South; the Dolphins are better than every South team not named the Colts, and the Jets defense is always excellent .

The Sourh is the cupcake division. Jags, Titans, and Texans are all far below average .