Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would you do this trade?

not maybe our 1st next year but maybe a 2nd and 4th or 5th as well as our 2nd this year if they'd go for that i'd move up to get him but he'll be gone by the time the patriots pick we would have to try to get in the middle of the first around chicago and prop have to give up our 1st

Grigson and the Colts today were talked about in the Star. The general feeling right now is if anything, Grigson is going to put his wheeler dealer hat on and try and trade back to get another 3rd or 4th rd. This is where the draft is probably strongest. I would love to trade the 2nd for a 3rd and 5th, or 3rd and 4th depending on position. We shall see.

I was looking at the draft value chart, and the our second round pick is worth 310 pts. I would love to trade it for a 3rd and a 4th, as I previously stated. Looking at the draft value chart, the 68th pick in the 3rd is worth 250 pts. and the 117th pick in the 4th is worth 50 pts. so that would work out perfectly. Then we would not have our 59th, but only giving up nine spots is not bad at all to the 68th in the third, plus we still have our third round draft choice, the 91st pick. Also now we have a 4th round pick which we did not have. So we lose our second, but we have two thirds, a 4th now, and our 5th, 6th and 7th. We get the extra draft pick by moving down 9 slots, and I would make the argument that the 68th is really a late 2nd round pick anyway with the depth! I think that would be perfect, of course you need a team who will go along with you and wants to, but I hope Grigson employs this strategy. 33rd position in the draft through the 4th round is where you want picks. It is very deep and a lot of good players.