Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Better FS in the Draft: Reynolds or Brooks

Which safety do you prefer we select in the draft: Ed Reynolds or Terrence Brooks? Brooks is faster and ranked higher than Reynolds, but we might have a better chance of being able to get Reynolds. Ed Reynolds also has the height advantage, but Brooks has a better vertical jump.

Good question, and i think I...    understand it.
This of course IS a big deal considering our needs.

We should have good info on Reynolds to help our evaluation, and he seems likely to go later in the draft.

How many here Know what Reynolds 40 time is? Like Brooks, he also ran in the lower 4`s Right?
 Check his pro day.

Brooks wins for me as the better all-around DB.

An accident waiting to happen, no thanks on JW.

I don't think I'd touch Reynolds with a 10-foot pole.  He's got decent physical skills, but he's coming off an awful senior season that wasn't prompted by some kind of injury.  I have an impression of him as a run-first defender, who might struggle as a center-fielder.   

I don't think I'd touch Reynolds with a 10-foot pole.  He's got decent physical skills, but he's coming off an awful senior season that wasn't prompted by some kind of injury.  I have an impression of him as a run-first defender, who might struggle as a center-fielder.   

It's actually the opposite.

He's actually a better center fielder and a poor tackler. 

I'd take Brooks....    I see him as a 2nd round talent.

I see Reynolds as a late 3, or 4th round talent.

!Jimmy ward is to small for us...hes more sooted for a Tampa two deal...we need a guy who can cover and has some hawk abilities as well as run support...I say take Reynolds in third maybe take Marcus smith or Chris Borland if he's still there in second...that or wait till the fifth and take Ladler...