Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jaguars offer Mack contract for five years [Merge]

Colts_Fan12

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He did go 2-14 with really no signs of future progress. Cleveland fired their coach after a ok season.

Actually, I think that was more of a GM/HC conflict over NFL philosophies personally more than a dismal team record truthfully. JMO.

No owner can really predict the success or failure of a coach in only 1 season. That's too short in duration to make that determination in my mind. 

Per rotoworld the browns wont match it.. this is crap cuz we could have done this as well. it states Mack wants out so bad that hed go to the hapless jags.. Wow

Yes, sign Alex Mack so we can't re-sign

Ty Hilton

Dwayne Allen

Coby Fleener

Yes, let's go get Mack -__-

Yes, sign Alex Mack so we can't re-sign

Ty Hilton

Dwayne Allen

Coby Fleener

Yes, let's go get Mack -__-

You dont even know what the deal is yet do you and plus there will be guys we cant re-sign eventually anyway

the browns can match any deal why do you think they won't? Total overreaction

It would not have been smart to pay a crap load of money for a position that is typically manned by a player making around 2-3 M per year. Good call on Decker good call on Mack total support Grigs do your thing.

Now Henne will have a no excuse not to drop back and throw it to the other team

You dont even know what the deal is yet do you and plus there will be guys we cant re-sign eventually anyway

Use common sense Gavin. Browns have top 5 capspace left. If they ddidn't match what the Jags offer, doesn't that let you pretty much know that Mack will be the highest paid player on the Jags if he signs

Browns or Jags?

That's like the Sophie's Choice of the NFL.

I like the reference, and my wife and I just watched the movie on cable a couple weeks ago.

The reference so makes me feel old, though. I doubt anything close to half this forum saw that in the theaters (or were old enough to do so).

Use common sense Gavin. Browns have top 5 capspace left. If they ddidn't match what the Jags offer, doesn't that let you pretty much know that Mack will be the highest paid player on the Jags if he signs

Nope, Not unless it happens

Yeah, it is a good idea to cut ties with Gabbert for Jacksonville I agree & besides our own Goldilocks [Curtis Painter] got cut & landed amazingly as the backup QB with the NY Giants so anything is possible I guess.

Can you say Gabbert to the Raiders? Is that a step up or a step down? Hmmm...I agree it's a tough call. LOL!

I'm pretty sure Gabbert wasn't cut. I think he was traded to the 49ers (prolly for a loaf of bread and a jar of Nutella, but...)

Not everyone is worth spending that kind of money on. My issue is if you pay your C that how would you justify paying your starting LT less when that is a more important position. Not saying you can't but I think that creates an issue. One thing the Jags have on their side.....even if they land a franchise qb in the draft...it will be 5 years before they would have to sign them to a big contract. They really don't have any "super stars" on their team. I think if they sign him and perhaps land Watkins and in the second get a solid qb like Carr or Murray or someone like that they will be a much improved team. That defense keeps getting better and if they add a weapon like Watkins to Shorts and possibly even Blackmon (if he gets his head on straight) I think they have a team that can move out from the bottom of the pack to be a solid opponent. I still find it hard to believe Cleveland won't match after saving so much cap space but if Jax overpays...they may get him.

It's really not that hard.

tumblr_m084y3qKZw1rom9flo1_500.gif

Yeah; I realized that once it was too late to edit the post Blackhawk

Makes no sense to rather get paid then to win championships. But hey; guess everyone's priorities/desires are different

PS: New season of The Boondocks April 21st!!! :yahoo:

only 7 C's in the NFL make over 2.9M per year only 2 play for teams that made the playoffs Seahawks and Chargers. No thanks for over paying at that position and we avoided the Decker mess too. Way to go Grigs now lets build the D in the draft.

Our O Line could be good Holmes might be the man if not Costa is not nearly as bad as he gets credit for on here. Goodwin is still out there if Grigs is not happy with what he sees.

We will have a battle at G with Thomas coming back and Lance Louis. Grigs stalked the guy for like three years must have saw something. I am pretty sure we will add an O Lineman in the draft my money is on Trai Turner unless Cyril Richardson falls but after his pro day not so sure.

Yeah; I realized that once it was too late to edit the post Blackhawk

Makes no sense to rather get paid then to win championships. But hey; guess everyone's priorities/desires are different

PS: New season of The Boondocks April 21st!!! :yahoo:

The problem is that you don't understand how the transition tag works.

He didn't say "lol I don't want to play for the Colts". Whatever contract he was offered, Cleveland would match. At that point it doesn't matter where he wants to go. If Cleveland matched our contract offer, he would go to the Browns automatically.

First.....

I wouldn't read too much into his public comments about wanting to play for J'Ville.

He has to say that....   he just signed a contract offer sheet with them.    He can't sign it and then say he'd rather play in Cleveland, but the Jags offered him a better deal so it's the lesser of two evils.  

But if Cleveland matches -- which they've suggested they will -- I'm expecting Mack to say something positive about staying in Cleveland.    That's the way the game is played.

Also....    regarding J'Ville.

They have a new owner, a new GM and a new HC.    Just because they've sucked for a while, doesn't mean they'll always suck.

They could get good within the next 5-years.    Stranger things have happened.